KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How can a non force user duel with a force user?

How can a non force user duel with a force user?
Started by: Happy_Sith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Allankles
no
This is irrelevant to the point I was making. I never talked about regular humans in relation to what anyone said.

I agree with you completely- that statement was kind of my point. I was pointing out that Knightfa11 was, once again, completely wrong. The response wasn't aimed at you.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 12:35 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lucien A
I don't think Dooku would survive against numerous blaster-wielding opponents by picking them up as slowly as he did with Obi-Wan. With blaster bolts coming at him from every direction, he's gonna be hit by one of them if he's taking his time with TK.

Well, that's why I said en masse one could lose. I was referring to a one-on-one situation.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

What if the non-Force user is simply better with a blaster than the Jedi is their lightsaber or their powers?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 06:33 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Then they're dead. Take that Coleman Trebor!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX
What if the non-Force user is simply better with a blaster than the Jedi is their lightsaber or their powers?

thumb up

>>

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

'Kay, all those smilies tend to piss people off, you know.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

'Kay, all those smilies tend to piss people off, you know.

oh, okay.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 08:06 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX

Impossible. Snapping someone's neck or FP'ing them against a wall hard enough to shatter bones > any blaster. Faster to, since only a thought is required.

You're making me repeat myself. no expression

quote:
Anytime a force-user loses to a non-force user it's either PIS or the force user got surprised.

I suppose that if a Jedi is ambushed, is autistic, is surrounded by Ysalamiri and does not have any force powers, he could lose. Of if he walks into a room and the guy already has his gun pointed at him. Otherwise, never.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

^What would you consider Grievous and Durge?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You make it sound as if all Jedi are able to display such power. Dooku didn't break any of Kenobi's bones when he hurled him across the room. I will admit that Kenobi is a Jedi target, but he is still human.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 01:37 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Elite Hunter

Durge is a gen'dai an immortal, super human alien species. Grevious thanks to CIS military technology is also superhuman.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Then they're dead. Take that Coleman Trebor!

Coleman was too focused on Dooku and he obviously underestimated the non force sensitives surrounding Dooku unfortunately one of them happened to be a mando mercenary who was a good shot and had higher powered blasters.

Non force sensitives can take Jedi one on one with blasters they have to be sure to keep their distance and hope the Jedi is distracted (or have jet packs just in case).

If not they get their heads loped off ala Jango vs Mace sad.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Elite Hunter

Durge is immortal, I woudl consider GG what happened when he fought Mace.

GG: I WILL KILL J00!

Mace: *force crush*

QED for GG.

quote:
You make it sound as if all Jedi are able to display such power. Dooku didn't break any of Kenobi's bones when he hurled him across the room. I will admit that Kenobi is a Jedi target, but he is still human.

Yeah, but he knocked him out cold. The battle was over for Kenobi at that point, it would be for anybody.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 03:10 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's entirely possible to overwhelm a Jedi's senses. They're mortals and make mistakes/get tired.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 05:59 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It shouldn't last long enough for their senses to get overwhelmed.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 12:15 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Like I said in the first page of this, there are species and beings out there with genetic enhancements, prosthetics etc. And there's something to be said for highly adavnced training and weaponry. A Jedi can/will/and has made mistakes, got tired---for whatever reason. Be it a lesser connection with the Force, poor/incomplete/wrong type of training, situation-determined circumstances, unforseen extenuating factors.

There's a myriad of reasons why Jedi---mortal, organic beings---can be defeated.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 12:26 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I suppose that if a Jedi is ambushed, is autistic, is surrounded by Ysalamiri and does not have any force powers, or is barely force-sensitive, he could lose. Of if he walks into a room and the guy already has his gun pointed at him. Otherwise, never.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 12:30 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Wow, so much for Jedi not being called Gods.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 12:53 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, they're only gods when compared to normal people.

Batman would kill a few.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 07:39 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Step one: Allow them to get close to you

Step two: Shove granade down Jedi's trousers

Step three: Run away

Step four: Stick finger's in ears and wait

Step five: Point and laugh. This might be a good time to divulge the secrets of you evil plan. Or your grandma's secret recipe.

Easy.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 09:03 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote