KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Lost Planet 2

Lost Planet 2
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

grrrrr this game frustrates me so much.

i really dont understand how it could suck as badly as it does even the first had superior multiplayer

Old Post May 4th, 2010 07:05 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

man, i like this game alot. played if for 4 hrs. straight earlier today. i reminds me of final fantasy for some reason, a game i'm not a fan of, and the game is so japanese it's not funny. from the animation to the score. the graphics look good but i absolutely need to get this for the pc when it come out, i think, this fall.

9/10 so far. high replay value. control scheme has quite a learning curve though. the training stages are ridiculous. the qualifying times are stupid.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 14th, 2010 12:51 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OnlyCoolMovies
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm sorry but this game is unplayable...

Old Post May 14th, 2010 03:26 AM
OnlyCoolMovies is currently offline Click here to Send OnlyCoolMovies a Private Message Find more posts by OnlyCoolMovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

everyone i know and just about every review i have read says that the game blows.

Old Post May 14th, 2010 03:46 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Nah, the game definitely doesn't blow. If you like co-op games it certainly deserves a play. The multiplayer is ass but playing the campaign in four player co-op can be loads of fun. There are several stages that implement the co-op aspect very well. Instead of feeling like you're just along for the ride and can rely on the other three players to carry you through, there are times when you really feel like you're contributing. This is something many co-op games fail at accomplishing. Usually, co-op games just inject the co-op feature into a single player story.

The only thing that can be annoying is trying to get into a co-op game. If you're joining one that's in progress you have to wait at the lobby while the other players finish the current stage. Although, you can always start your own. I enjoyed the game but did not love it. There isn't much here to encourage me to keep playing after my single play through. This is just me though, some people may enjoy the multiplayer but i thought it was balls.

the reviews are seriously off. The graphics are gorgeous, the level designs are creative and, at times, stunning. The control layout is different than what many people may be used to these days but they take no time to get used to and work very well. IGN gave it an 8.5 and to me, that's the fairest review i've seen

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:16 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

This blows epically. Story is dead, the multiplayer is bland. I wait for dead rising 2.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 06:13 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warden

9/10...lulz

Old Post May 18th, 2010 07:22 PM
Warden is currently offline Click here to Send Warden a Private Message Find more posts by Warden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phanteros
This blows epically. Story is dead, the multiplayer is bland. I wait for dead rising 2.

story? eek! laughing out loud laughing No one is going to play this game for the story. People may have played the first game for the story but they were hoodwinked into believing that there was going to be a mature, well balanced story but instead, received a goofball japanese drug trip.

Old Post May 19th, 2010 02:42 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The story was non-existant in the first game.

LoL

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 19th, 2010 03:02 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

When did I mentioned the first one's horrible story?

Old Post May 19th, 2010 11:27 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

even if it does provide a nice co-op experience.. I eventually do like to dabble in pvp.. and the pvp in this game is disgusting

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 19th, 2010 09:17 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Nah, the game definitely doesn't blow. If you like co-op games it certainly deserves a play. The multiplayer is ass but playing the campaign in four player co-op can be loads of fun. There are several stages that implement the co-op aspect very well. Instead of feeling like you're just along for the ride and can rely on the other three players to carry you through, there are times when you really feel like you're contributing. This is something many co-op games fail at accomplishing. Usually, co-op games just inject the co-op feature into a single player story.

The only thing that can be annoying is trying to get into a co-op game. If you're joining one that's in progress you have to wait at the lobby while the other players finish the current stage. Although, you can always start your own. I enjoyed the game but did not love it. There isn't much here to encourage me to keep playing after my single play through. This is just me though, some people may enjoy the multiplayer but i thought it was balls.[b]

I heard for the Co-op it can be annoying how life bar is shared by everyone and you have a newbie in the group insant game over and also everyone needs to finish the game to get access to all the levels

Originally posted by Zack Fair
[B]The story was non-existant in the first game.

LoL

Really?

because i seem to remember the whole thing with the humans went to this planet and tried to colonize it before releasing the Akrid was there and then theres NEVEC a group on the planet fighting the snow pirates and the thing with Yuri working with NEVEC working on a project to thraw out the planet to live on

yeah non-existant..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Kazenji on May 31st, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2010 12:44 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

[QUOTE=12764628]Originally posted by Kazenji
[B]I heard for the Co-op it can be annoying how life bar is shared by everyone and you have a newbie in the group insant game over and also everyone needs to finish the game to get access to all the levels

Don't know what you heard about a shared health bar but everyone has their own health. Yeah, newbs can hold you back but doesn't that come with any co-op game? Besides, it's really not a problem as long as you find a group with microphones. You can talk people through the motions using manners and patience, but i suppose not many gamers know anything about, respect, manners or patience. Everybody just wants to get their thrill...,Thats why online co-op games don't work well, because people are ass holes not because the games are broken. It's a video game...,i really don't understand why people take shit so seriously on them. I hate it when people call others..,NEWBS what the hell is that? Yeah, so, the person just started playing...,whats' the problem?

Yeah, you can't just simply choose to play if you haven't beat it yet...,but is that a problem? I think it would be a problem if you could. I wouldn't want to play the last level with a group of people who just started playing the game.

Bottom line, man..,this game is actually really pretty good. The PvP is balls but the co-op and campaign is a lot of fun for a third person shooter.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 03:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx

[QUOTE=12736819]Originally posted by Phanteros
When did I mentioned the first one's horrible story? [/QUOTE

You didn't, but you mentioned the horrible story line of the second, which, actually isn't all that bad. It's actually told much better than the first story...,that was the point that I made..,NOT you.

Do you know how to have conversations or do you just get confused a lot?

Old Post May 31st, 2010 03:13 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

[QUOTE=12736819]Originally posted by Phanteros
When did I mentioned the first one's horrible story? [/QUOTE

You didn't, but you mentioned the horrible story line of the second, which, actually isn't all that bad. It's actually told much better than the first story...,that was the point that I made..,NOT you.

Do you know how to have conversations or do you just get confused a lot?
I was confused on what you said because I thought the answer was directed at me, sorry.

Last edited by Phanteros on May 31st, 2010 at 04:04 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2010 03:57 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Phanteros
I was confused on what you said because I thought the answer was directed at me, sorry.

Np...,sorry about the doucheberry

Old Post May 31st, 2010 04:09 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

[
Don't know what you heard about a shared health bar but everyone has their own health.

I heard from the two people off a Game review show i watch on tv i guess they got it wrong

Another thing I've seen unless these two have seen it the wrong way, With this second game it still has problems with the grenade throwing ability you can't run and throw it have to stand there and throw like the first one and same deal with the grapple move haven't improved on it when using it on higher ledges so you can Jump and shoot.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 05:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote