KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Most Disappointing Moment in a Videogame

Most Disappointing Moment in a Videogame
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

Frozen Cloud does not affect Fontaine.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 12:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Finding out I couldn't actually purchase rare candies in Pokemon Red.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 01:49 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Not having the power drill and the rivet gun when I became a Big Daddy in Bioshock. Did I even turn into a Big Daddy? I just threw Big Daddy BO on me, put on a diving suit and helmet, and got my vocal cords screwed up and yet Tennenbaum says I became a Big Daddy. If Jack wasn't mute he would've asked her where the Big Daddy weapon storage is.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 01:55 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Jack probably does not even have the physical strength to wield them.

Otherwise he could just, you know, take a Rivet Gun from any random Rosie he kills.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 02:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm sure that Jack can use a plasmid that can make him strong enough to lift a rivet gun with ease, especially a power drill.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 02:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

...Are you really suggesting Jack cut off his arm to use the Power Drill?

The Rivet Gun was made to only be usable by Big Daddies.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 02:07 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
...Are you really suggesting Jack cut off his arm to use the Power Drill?

The Rivet Gun was made to only be usable by Big Daddies.

Actually I really was thinking about Jack hacking a Big Daddies arm off to use a power drill. The game is meant to be gory anyway.

The Rivet Gun is only usable to Big Daddies because they're the only guys in Rapture that can lift them.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 02:10 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Actually I really was thinking about Jack hacking a Big Daddies arm off to use a power drill. The game is meant to be gory anyway.

The Rivet Gun is only usable to Big Daddies because they're the only guys in Rapture that can lift them.
1. That would be horrendously impractical.

2. That and handle the recoil. But that is exactly my point.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 02:18 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

MGS2, but not any of the things anyone mentioned. No, for me, the big thing that pissed me off was NOT GETTING TO FIGHT OCELOT. Cheap-ass son of a ***** kept jerking my strings the whole game, so I was ready to dispense a freight truck of whup-ass on him. So I was somewhat aggrieved when he escaped and I had to fight Solidus instead. Still a good fight, but it did annoy me for awhile. MGS3 did not help in that regard. I wanted to smack Ocelot even more. The duels and cut-scenes ***** slapping him were fun. big grin

Of course, then I played MGS4, and I forgave Kojima for everything. Not just the Ray-Rex fight, but the last fight. Yee gods, thank you Hideo ****ing Kojima. Getting to beat down Ocelot once: fun payback. Twice: richly deserved. But FOUR TIMES, with the music from each game playing (including Snake Eater, which I loved) and getting to see Solid&Liquid going no-holds barred and beating each other to death? God-send and ingenius programming and storyline..

On that note, Anubis from ZOE1. The payback in 2 was soooo worth it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 02:47 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Frozen Cloud does not affect Fontaine.

Uhhh.

Yeah it does.

The PS3 version atleast. I know for a FACT Frozen Cloud works on Fontaine whenever I fight him.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 02:32 PM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

I hated it when Marcus Wright died at the end of Terminator: Salvation.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 02:42 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I hated it when Marcus Wright died at the end of Terminator: Salvation.
read the thread carefully... but yeah the most badass terminator dies.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 04:17 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Phanteros
read the thread carefully... but yeah the most badass terminator dies.

Wow...You did not just say that. That my friend is an act of heresy.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 04:35 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

A New Jak and Daxter game gets announced.

For PS2.

FML

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 04:49 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Quincy
A New Jak and Daxter game gets announced.

For PS2.

FML
what the fvck!!??? article please.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:00 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by Phanteros
what the fvck!!??? article please.
Lana/Peach is gonna get you for that.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:36 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

The boss fights in RE5.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 10:52 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The other day when i realised i was having to force myself to play through GOW.

Realising that Bison was damn near unbeatable in SF2 on my Amiga 600.

Any time the scripting kicks in while playing Pro Evolution Soccer.

MGS 3 with that stupid ladder.

That's all i can think of for now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 01:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Raoul
The other day when i realised i was having to force myself to play through GOW.

Gears of war or God of war ?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 03:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I don't remember the most disappointing moment while playing a video game, but I can remember my first disappointing moment.

The disappointing moment occurred in Super Mario 64. Somebody told me that I could make Yoshi appear if I collect 120 stars, which was the only reason why I decided to collect all the stars. After I finally collected all the stars, I shot myself unto the top of the castle by using the cannon near the moat. After talking to Yoshi and receiving 100 lives, I truly thought that I would be able to ride him around the castle and possibly inside where all the stages were at. Y'all can probably imagine my facial expression and reaction as I watched Yoshi walk away and jump off the castle...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 04:18 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote