KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Exar Kun's Power

Exar Kun's Power
Started by: Gideon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elite Hunter

I made this Exar Kun post in project holocron a while back. Some of this maybe wrong(my own view in certain areas may have changed) but I'll post it anyway.

quote:

He was a lightsaber prodigy, he defeated his master as padawan just after dueling Sylvar,Crado and after losing the first part of the duel against Vodo. In the duel he managed to break Vodo's staff which the narrator states (in the first part of the duel) by using the force Vodo can make it "more powerful then Kun's lightsaber" Vodo also says that Kun is his "most formidable student" he has ever had. I believe Vodo was about 400 years old and Kun notes his master has been "respected for centuries," thus indicating the amount of time Vodo has been part of the order. Ulic Qel Droma (who he himself was extremely gifted in lightsaber combat) could not gain the upper hand in their duel before it was interrupted.

Now in regards to his double bladed saber. While there is some controversy going on if he invented it by himself, we do know that no one else since him used a single bladed hilt and unlike any other dbl, his was also a dual phase lightsaber. Regardless if he did create the dbl, he style imo was still unique compared to others dbl wielders for the reasons mentioned above.

He also seems to be somewhat physically strong too as he was able to after repeated hits from his lightsaber to cut through mandalorian iron and he lifted the republic's chancellor into the air with one arm.

Kun was also powerful in the force. He is gifted in sith alchemy and created numerous types of beasts such as terentateks. He was able to drain the life force out of the massassi race so he can escape death. He can obviously use his amulet( aka force blasts) to destroy anything in his path.

He was able to freeze the entire Galactic Senate. He is also gifted in sith magic as he was not only able to resist Aleema Keto's "force blast" (name given to the attack by wookieepedia) and returned the favor with his own force blast. Kun was able to resist Odan-Urr's wall of light technique which the latter used effectively on ancient sith. and kill him with a waive of his hand. There is also a quote in JvS (I don't have access to it right now) that refers to the wall of light technique as the most devastating attack to use on a dark sider (or something similar to that.)

At this point I would also like to say that according to the wookieepedia page on force blasts it seems that the attack Kun used on Nadd's spirit is the same used on Aleema but it says that the Amulet's actually enhance the power of the blast (and thus arguably control the magnitude of the blast which would explain the discrepancy seen when he uses the attack on the sith wyrm,the massassi, and Nadd's spirit when compared to the blast he hit Aleema with) , so I am willing to be that Kun could also do it without the amulet.

It also seems that Kun can use another type of force lightning (called Ebony lightning in the JA series) which from the description of it seems to be different then the normal force lightning. I can provide descriptions of it, if anyone wants to see it and offer an opinion on it which I am interested in.

Force feats as spirit:
As a spirit he simultaneously force choke about 12 of Luke's students all at once. He can creates illusions as he did to Luke and Corran, and he also broke a couple of Corran's bones in a confrontation in the I,Jedi novel. He was able to kill Gantoris from the inside out presumably with sith lightning. He was also able to separate Luke's "spirit" from his body. If it were not for him aiding Kyp Durron, then he latter would never had been able to drag the sun crusher out of Yavin.

I also remember hearing something about his armor that he wore,which is able to turn off or short circuit(momentarily I believe) an opponent's lightsaber.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got a question elite, where would you rank kun upon the top 10 strongest sith?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 01:00 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'd say 5 or 6. Maybe 7.

Wait, I'm not Elite!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
not his own power. thats like saying naga sados badass because he can blow up stars... even though he did it with a ship.
Problem is it was stated that the amulet was stated to merely channel his energy into a beam. So yes, it is of his own power.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 03:58 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

but in the end he is still required to perform it with an amulet. despite it channeling his own power it is not something he can do by himself.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:01 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

But your claim it was not of his own power which i am refuting, not weather he needed the amulet to do it or not.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:02 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

youre misudnerstanding what i said my friend. by saying that he could not do it under his own power what i mean is that he can not do it by himself. i was not referring specifically to his "force power".

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:04 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

No you didn't, you clearly stated that it was not his own power.

"not his own power" - Ms marvel

EDIT: If you truly meant it that way you would have mentioned "He could not do it without the aid of the amulet despite it being his own power".

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:09 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

thats what i said yeah. and thats what i meant. no expression

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:10 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

No you didn't you claim he could not do it because the amulet was not his power(your claiming the beam is conjured by the amulets energy, not his own) when the facts state that the amulet merely channels his power into a beam.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:12 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

where did i say that the beam itself makes up its own energy? if i did say that then i apologize but i dont remember saying it. can you quote it for me?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:15 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, if your saying that its not of exar kuns own power, your implying that the force energy produced by the amulet is from the amulet by itself and that the energy wasn't from kun.

Thats the impression some of us might get.

But i don't know why im arguing this now, aleema performed the same "force blast" without an amulet so now im getting a head ache.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:18 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

popQ4EJASFIO[N834WERHT-FNQ3ERWSDMPOAKF[DC'SDXFZZXFGCSDFF

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Last edited by Advent on Jul 31st, 2009 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 05:24 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

DFZGBDFCVBDZFXCVGEDFCBXRDFRszdewSDgvadfxcgb

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Exar Kun's amulet simply replicates a Force Power than can be done without the amulet.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_blast

The amulet simply enhances the blast and makes it uber.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 06:01 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Advent
popQ4EJASFIO[N834WERHT-FNQ3ERWSDMPOAKF[DC'SDXFZZXFGCSDFF
Were you going to tear me the shreds again?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 06:25 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Were you going to tear me the shreds again?

I was going to attempt to explain what Miss meant, then realized I wasn't sure what she meant, so the babble made much more sense.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 06:35 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well the impression i got from her at least was that she was implying the energy/power came from the amulet and not kun himself.

Its not that i'm trying to be a smartass or anything..

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 06:41 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Well the impression i got from her at least was that she was implying the energy/power came from the amulet and not kun himself.

Its not that i'm trying to be a smartass or anything..

No one said you were...

However, Miss would be generally right in that respect since the gauntlet is stated to amplify his rage a thousand fold. That same rage is then focused into the amulet to produce those destructive blasts of energy. Without using the gauntlet as a conduit, the blasts we see against Aleema, for example, aren't even shown to singe her dress.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 06:45 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright but can we conclude that exar is a top tier combatant because in my opinion i believe he is.

In regards to the amulet so what it does is actually amplify exar kuns powers when he unleashes them or something like that?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 07:33 AM