KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Black Lightsaber

Black Lightsaber
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aklis
Evil frickin' Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Why don't jedi just keep their lightsabers deactivated in a fight, and then activate them when they strike? That'll make their attacks almost impossible to stop, especially when stabbing.

There is actually a fighting style based upon this, but it'd be hard to use due to the fact that you might get your arm sliced off. It's called Trākata.

'Trākata was a form of lightsaber combat. It took advantage of a lightsaber blade's ability to be turned on and off, a unique quality in a melee weapon. Quickly shutting off then re-igniting the blade could cause confusion in one's opponents, allowing for diversionary feints in combat. Sith Lords would occasionally use this form to free their blade hand, allowing greater control of some force powers, such as Force lightning.'

Yoda is a frequent user of it.

As for a black lightsaber, it should be possible, as it has been stated (In Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor), that it is a blade of pure plasma, not of light, but due to GL not wanting sabers of colours other than blue, red and green - Windu being a special case - we haven't actually seen one in canon, as every cutscene in TFU depicts Marek with either a blue or a red one.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Aklis a Private Message Find more posts by Aklis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Up your ass laughing

laughing laughing laughing

thumb up

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 08:38 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Pure plasma? That's retarded, how would that even work? What's to keep the plasma from expanding into a major explosion at a rapid rate the moment some poor sod turns his "darksaber" on.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 02:18 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

There was a book with that title I think.... in Young Jedi Knights.......... or something.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

You know what strikes me as odd? How the black lightsaber is different from the other ones. All of the other sabers have colored outlines (making them red, blue, green, purple, etc. lightsabers). But the black one is black in the middle (where white usually is), with white outlines. I would have liked the black lightsaber to be a lightsaber with black outlines.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Gameplay-wise, I think they added it so you could actually see the blade, instead of risking it blending in with the background.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote