KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Windows 7

Windows 7
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Windows 7

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I hear it's the cat's ass and then some. I want a copy.

It's all new to me. I used to have 2000, and at work I use XP.

So far it seems good.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 09:11 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Windows 7

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I just got a new computer at home. It has Windows 7 on it.

Anyone have an opinion of Windows 7?
Any reviews?

Small children in commercials say it's awesome!

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 09:19 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's what Vista should have been.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 09:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by -Pr-

So, better than XP, not worse?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 09:39 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f79/t513553.html

If anyone is interested, I have some word files in that thread in zipped form that you guys can review, if you want a rundown of what I did at school. Those are like....the...drafts before the last draft, so there are spelling and possibly grammar mistakes, but it's generally easy to understand.

Those files cover everything you would want to know.

I also have a powerpoint, if anyone is interested. That PPT has screen shots with a walkthrough on some of the new features. Anyone interested?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 09:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Jello
So, better than XP, not worse?

i prefer it to xp personally. it seems to combine the speed of xp with all the bells and whistles that vista had...

Originally posted by dadudemon
If anyone is interested, I have some word files in that thread in zipped form that you guys can review, if you want a rundown of what I did at school. Those are like....the...drafts before the last draft, so there are spelling and possibly grammar mistakes, but it's generally easy to understand.

Those files cover everything you would want to know.

I also have a powerpoint, if anyone is interested. That PPT has screen shots with a walkthrough on some of the new features. Anyone interested?

i'm still reading your other one lol...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 10:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

What didn't you like about Vista?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 10:30 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Mindship
What didn't you like about Vista?

it was a ram and resources whore.

don't get me wrong. i like vista. i kept it when i could have gone back to xp. but vista did have faults, and windows 7 just seems to fix almost all of them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 10:34 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

it was a ram and resources whore.

don't get me wrong. i like vista. i kept it when i could have gone back to xp. but vista did have faults, and windows 7 just seems to fix almost all of them.

I got a new computer over the summer with Vista (I'd been using XP, and at work I still have 98). Overall, it isn't bad. The only bizarre glitch was with my Aurora screensaver: I'd have it come on after 10 minutes, then 10 minutes later my computer would shut down, totally, like someone pulled the plug.

Everything else, so far, seems fine.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 10:45 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Mindship
I got a new computer over the summer with Vista (I'd been using XP, and at work I still have 98). Overall, it isn't bad. The only bizarre glitch was with my Aurora screensaver: I'd have it come on after 10 minutes, then 10 minutes later my computer would shut down, totally, like someone pulled the plug.

Everything else, so far, seems fine.

that is strange. vista is a decent OS no doubt, but on my pc, when i installed 7, i noticed that windows booted up faster. programs opened quicker. lots of little things like that which make me glad i upgraded.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 10:48 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Gotta repost this here. Worst product promotion ever!

(please log in to view the image)

The Nanami Madobe ads are much better.

Kawaii! http://mundoh.com/images/dj00001/windows7-3.jpg

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 11:02 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
If anyone is interested, I have some word files in that thread in zipped form that you guys can review, if you want a rundown of what I did at school.

Only if it's been translated to Klingon.

What's this about school?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 12:13 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Only if it's been translated to Klingon.

What's this about school?

College? University? Tertiary Education? Degree program? Higher Education?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 12:15 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

"what I did at school" is fantastically ambiguous. It could refer to actions that you took while at school, among which basic food consumption, superficial (or otherwise) social interactions, paperwork and/or red tape could be included. It could also refer to the degree program that you pursued, specifically a major or minor in a specific field of knowledge.

Do you mean "work that I happened to accomplish while at school" or "work that I went to school specifically to accomplish?"

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 12:38 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

£30.00 for students right now on a special offer, so I'm going to order myself a copy I think.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 12:39 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Do you mean "work that I happened to accomplish while at school" or "work that I went to school specifically to accomplish?"

Just look at them.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 03:40 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Ubuntu for me thankssmile

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 03:39 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I want Windows 7.

It's Vista 2.0. In other words a more polished and faster Vista.

I hear bars and restaurants are gonna implement Windows 7 into tables as touch (surface) screens where you could do a whole bunch a crap. Order food, pay for seperate meals, place your phone on it and upload songs the establishment is selling and more..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 10:38 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Yes, it's basically an enhanced, streamlined version of Vista, with more features.

Lucky for me I didn't jump on the Vista bandwagon.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 12:28 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7. So far I like what im seeing. One thing that bugs me off the bat is that it wont take certain programs I had before the install. I found updated versions but for some I rather use what I had.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 03:56 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote