KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars, Reconstructed

Star Wars, Reconstructed
Started by: Gideon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
truejedi

well, can i throw out there that we need a more convincing fight between Kenobi and Vader? Kenobi at the time of ANH was actually younger than FOTJ Luke Skywalker, am i right? He was also more than 20 years older than Count Dooku was when he fought several stirring battles before dying.

Vader should use the force in their combat to gain an edge over a perfectly healthy Kenobi, whose lightsaber skills shouldn't really be all that diminished, since his connection to the force (the driving heart and soul of any lightsaber duelist, and especially kenobi) should have been even stronger than in ROTS after 20 years of studying the force on Tatooine.

I might write a new fight for them. Same result, more realistic struggle.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 10:57 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Actually in the series "The last of the Jedi", Kenobi admitts to being out of practice with the force. He claimed to have longer trusted the force.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everyone was validated, I was without computer access last night.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gideon
Everyone was validated, I was without computer access last night.
I wondered why I was lonely on MSN, lmao.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 12:35 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Star Wars, Reconstructed

Originally posted by Gideon
The title was supposed to be a play on Girl, Interrupted. If anyone other than me attempted this, it would be considered lame and unworthy. But because I came up with the title, it's good.

Since college has started, I figured I'd take this up as something of a hobby with relevance, given the amount of research, compiling, and writing that would take place, it would eat up time and hone my skills that will undoubtably be put to the test in the near future.

If anyone is interested, it would be cool to tackle this as a group project. If not, no biggie.

We're basically trying to pretend that GL isn't a money hungry douchebag with no concept of continuity.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's one way of putting it. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 04:37 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Originally posted by mattatom
I wondered why I was lonely on MSN, lmao.

It's called Windows Live Messenger for quite a while now.

(Not that I actually call it that.)

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 09:00 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Thats helping to the degree of making me look like I don't know the name of the programs I use, therefore, you lose 1 helper point.

However I know that it just takes longer to type.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:30 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

You were giving out wrong information, I was saying it for the sake of everyone who visits the thread.

It's like when people say Revan is among the top 3 Force users because he defeated Malak. I can't just 'not' correct that.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Actually technically Slash I never upgraded it with the updates so I'm still on the original MSN wink.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 05:05 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Darnit. I think too logical, it's like you're Revan throwing grenades at Malak. It's not likely, but it is possible.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 07:54 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Although I would like to point out in the Canon shot with him standing over Malak, his robes seemed fine not like theyd been shredded with a frag grenade.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 08:02 PM
truejedi

he could have been killed by the concussion though. That wouldn't affect his robes. The grenades didn't have to be frag grenades, in fact, plasma grenades are among the most powerful in the game.

The adhesive grenades could be at play too. (as funny as that sounds) Revan glued Malak to the floor, and then completely surrounded Malak with MInes, after the adhesive wore off, Malak went charging into the minefield and was blown to pieces.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 09:40 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by truejedi
he could have been killed by the concussion though. That wouldn't affect his robes. The grenades didn't have to be frag grenades, in fact, plasma grenades are among the most powerful in the game.

The adhesive grenades could be at play too. (as funny as that sounds) Revan glued Malak to the floor, and then completely surrounded Malak with MInes, after the adhesive wore off, Malak went charging into the minefield and was blown to pieces.
You mean the grenade which did no damage at all? Yes the plasma ones which sent plasma which burns everywhere and with the mines Malak was a whole corpse in the shot.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:04 PM
truejedi

so... let me ask you this: How injured was Rosh Penin in Jedi Academy? Didn't have a mark on him, but was begging for his life.

In fact..................... (I love this part) Not a single character in all of KOTOR has a mark on them after being killed.

HOw do you explain that? Were they not really dead?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:07 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Actually, how did Malak die? Did he get stabbed in the chest, or maybe slashed, or did some Force attack do it? He sure was very talkative before he finally died.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:14 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Catastrophic liver failure.

You can't live without your liver!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

I knew it! My second guess would have been lead poisoning or maybe second hand smoking.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:18 PM
truejedi

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Actually, how did Malak die? Did he get stabbed in the chest, or maybe slashed, or did some Force attack do it? He sure was very talkative before he finally died.

I don't think he did actually die. He just sounded like he was having an asthma attack? Maybe in the spirit of KOTOR combat, Revan ran in circles, since he was faster than Malak, then Malak had a heart attack and died. Maybe Revan was just FASTER than Malak.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:19 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

My Revan really was fast, most of the time when I was using Master Speed (not the drugs) one of my companions couldn't follow and when I wanted to enter another area I had to go back to look for the slowpoke.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:23 PM