KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Team Battle

The victor...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Team 1 4 66.67%
Team 2 2 33.33%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Team Battle
Started by: ArtificialGlory

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
He seemed nothing like a god in the last battle. The only thing he had going for him was Heartless Angel. Everything else was just meh. And are you sure it was Kefka who did that to the world and that it wasn't just a by-product of him absorbing the statues?
A by-product?

Considering the remaining debris from the ruining of the world gathered at a single spot to form Kefka's tower, that seems a little elaborate to be a mere by-product of his absorption, doesn't it?

Also, gameplay mechanics ftl?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:07 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by NemeBro
A by-product?

Considering the remaining debris from the ruining of the world gathered at a single spot to form Kefka's tower, that seems a little elaborate to be a mere by-product of his absorption, doesn't it?

Also, gameplay mechanics ftl?

Well, there's a big different between the whole world getting torn apart and some debris gathering to one spot.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:08 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, there's a big different between the whole world getting torn apart and some debris gathering to one spot.

Hence why watching a small section of a vid does not always suffice roll eyes (sarcastic)

Keffy could not do that before Kiljaeden makes a gesture erm

Also, BT, assuming you are just generalising and assuming that in gameplay FFVI spells take three seconds to cast like the others do, this vid disproves that, no charging involved.

As I said, Ive seen the continent destroying laser and ive seen god knows how many spells, most of them take a long time by standards of other universes.

Last edited by Burning thought on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 04:24 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:18 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You should get your eyes checked.

The debris gathering was because of the world being torn apart.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:18 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

You should get your eyes checked.

The debris gathering was because of the world being torn apart.

Then maybe I should because I saw no such thing in the video you linked.

What I read is that Kefka gathered debris from the already ruined world to build his tower.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:26 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Burning thought
As I said, Ive seen the continent destroying laser and ive seen god knows how many spells, most of them take a long time by standards of other universes.

I could hardly call it continent destroying.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:31 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Burning thought
Keffy could not do that before Kiljaeden makes a gesture erm

O RLY? Kefka casually did that, without a gesture, he did not charge anything, yet we could see large explosions from space and continents shifting.

2. Continent destroying laser? Light of Judgment destroys cities. Tell me where you saw the vid or show me it. And none of the spells I showed took a long time, they were instantly casted, FFVI spells are fast.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:35 PM
NemeBro

Then maybe I should because I saw no such thing in the video you linked.

What I read is that Kefka gathered debris from the already ruined world to build his tower.
It was not in that vid, nor did I ever say it was.

Either way, you are speculating, prove it was merely a "by-product" and not Kefka himself. You can't, so do not bother trying.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:37 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

It was not in that vid, nor did I ever say it was.

Either way, you are speculating, prove it was merely a "by-product" and not Kefka himself. You can't, so do not bother trying.

That goes both ways. We don't know if it was Kefka who did that. And no, him gathering some debris is not proof of that.

At any rate, even it was indeed Kefka who destroyed the world, his other powers don't seem to be proportionate to somebody who can wreck entire continents. Definitely not his durability either.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:43 PM
NemeBro

That goes both ways. We don't know if it was Kefka who did that. And no, him gathering some debris is not proof of that.

At any rate, even it was indeed Kefka who destroyed the world, his other powers don't seem to be proportionate to somebody who can wreck entire continents. Definitely not his durability either.
Let us see. Kefka just absorbed the power of the Warring Triad. Kefka wants to,"Destroy everything." After he gained the godlike power of the Warring Triad, the world was destroyed. You'd have to be a fool to believe otherwise.

O RLY? Because you say so? His durability? Have any instances of God Kefka being injured by something weak? We have no real idea how powerful any of the FFVI characters are, although Terra is an Esper, demigods who served the Warring Triad.

Regardless, it matters not, Kefka does to Kiljaedan and Deathwing what he did to the planet, tears them asunder.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 04:49 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Let us see. Kefka just absorbed the power of the Warring Triad. Kefka wants to,"Destroy everything." After he gained the godlike power of the Warring Triad, the world was destroyed. You'd have to be a fool to believe otherwise.

O RLY? Because you say so? His durability? Have any instances of God Kefka being injured by something weak? We have no real idea how powerful any of the FFVI characters are, although Terra is an Esper, demigods who served the Warring Triad.

Regardless, it matters not, Kefka does to Kiljaedan and Deathwing what he did to the planet, tears them asunder.

I'm sure you will dismiss this information on the grounds that it's taken out of a wiki, since it does not serve you, but hey, I'll just throw it out there anyway:
"After this, he moved the Triad out of alignment, shattering their delicate magical field. Shadow, Terra and the Returners narrowly escaped. However, the damage was done and the Apocalypse occurred; the Triad awoke from their slumber and the world was shifted into the World of Ruin."

Espers aren't all that powerful. They attacked Kefka with some pretty weak spells/abilities.

Just like he tore the party asunder? Even if we make the somewhat gratuitous assumption that it was indeed Kefka who pwned the world, it's still unknown whether he can do it living, moving beings.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 06:15 PM
NemeBro

I'm sure you will dismiss this information on the grounds that it's taken out of a wiki, since it does not serve you, but hey, I'll just throw it out there anyway:
"After this, he moved the Triad out of alignment, shattering their delicate magical field. Shadow, Terra and the Returners narrowly escaped. However, the damage was done and the Apocalypse occurred; the Triad awoke from their slumber and the world was shifted into the World of Ruin."

Espers aren't all that powerful. They attacked Kefka with some pretty weak spells/abilities.

Just like he tore the party asunder? Even if we make the somewhat gratuitous assumption that it was indeed Kefka who pwned the world, it's still unknown whether he can do it living, moving beings.
I'm not sure what that was intending to disprove, considering the fact that Kefka holds the combined power of the entire Warring Triad.

Oh, and you missed the next part.

"In the aftermath of this, Kefka drained the Triad of their power, turning them into weakened husks and himself into a God. Kefka built a gigantic tower, fittingly called Kefka's Tower, from the rubble of the world he had destroyed. With more or less the entire world fearing him, Kefka ruled over the World of Ruin from atop the tower, smiting anyone who defied him with the Light of Judgment, a beam of magical energy that could destroy entire towns."

The world he had destroyed. Kefka was absorbing the Warring Triads power when the world was destroyed, the power of the Warring Triads destroyed it. Two and two together.

Shit, even assuming he didn't personally destroy it, logic dictates he clearly can, considering he possesses all the magic power of the world, holding the power of the Warring Triads.

Also, I found a pic which displays the destructing the Light of Judgment can cause, still no vid though.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/...tofJudgment.JPG

Weak spells...Like what? Why are they weak? Because you say so? We have never even seen the spells outside of gameplay.

The world was shown being split apart, explosions ravaged the planet, etc.

Should we assume that Master Roshi from Dragonball cannot apply his moon destroying Kamehameha on a human being? No, we should not.

Though really, Light of Judgment is probably enough.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 08:49 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I'm not sure what that was intending to disprove, considering the fact that Kefka holds the combined power of the entire Warring Triad.

Oh, and you missed the next part.

"In the aftermath of this, Kefka drained the Triad of their power, turning them into weakened husks and himself into a God. Kefka built a gigantic tower, fittingly called Kefka's Tower, from the rubble of the world he had destroyed. With more or less the entire world fearing him, Kefka ruled over the World of Ruin from atop the tower, smiting anyone who defied him with the Light of Judgment, a beam of magical energy that could destroy entire towns."

The world he had destroyed. Kefka was absorbing the Warring Triads power when the world was destroyed, the power of the Warring Triads destroyed it. Two and two together.

Shit, even assuming he didn't personally destroy it, logic dictates he clearly can, considering he possesses all the magic power of the world, holding the power of the Warring Triads.

Also, I found a pic which displays the destructing the Light of Judgment can cause, still no vid though.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/...tofJudgment.JPG

Weak spells...Like what? Why are they weak? Because you say so? We have never even seen the spells outside of gameplay.

The world was shown being split apart, explosions ravaged the planet, etc.

Should we assume that Master Roshi from Dragonball cannot apply his moon destroying Kamehameha on a human being? No, we should not.

Though really, Light of Judgment is probably enough.

Hmmph, it put me under the impression that the world was plunged into a shithole because the balance of the Triad has been broken or something like that.

And it's not quite the same as some dude blowing up a moon with an energy attack. It's not even clear why exactly it was destroyed or what the exact method of destruction was. If it was destroyed because some kinda balance was broken... well, you can't really apply that to an individual, right?

Yes, but the only thing we've got is gameplay. And wasn't Kefka keeping an Esper or more imprisoned? If they're demi-gods, then by Zeus almighty, they've got to be the weakest demi-gods I've seen in fiction.

Yea, Light of Judgment is pretty good, but it takes a few seconds to charge up and I doubt it would very practical to use if someone was in your face.

Here's the video anyway:
1:46

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 09:23 PM
NemeBro

Hmmph, it put me under the impression that the world was plunged into a shithole because the balance of the Triad has been broken or something like that.

And it's not quite the same as some dude blowing up a moon with an energy attack. It's not even clear why exactly it was destroyed or what the exact method of destruction was. If it was destroyed because some kinda balance was broken... well, you can't really apply that to an individual, right?

Yes, but the only thing we've got is gameplay. And wasn't Kefka keeping an Esper or more imprisoned? If they're demi-gods, then by Zeus almighty, they've got to be the weakest demi-gods I've seen in fiction.

Yea, Light of Judgment is pretty good, but it takes a few seconds to charge up and I doubt it would very practical to use if someone was in your face.

Here's the video anyway:
1:46

It was the Triad's power that did it, which we know Kefka had absorbed at the time, why is that so hard to get?

Reality warping in all likelihood. And...Yeah we can. The world was being rearranged and areas were being annihilated, the world was so ravaged plants could hardly grow. Kefka possessed the power of all the magic in the world, why is it so hard to believe he could accomplish this? Oh, and for another feat, constructing his tower from debris across the entire planet telekinetically.

Espers are not invincible, and the Gestahl Empire had devised a way to control and drain them...Hell, Kefka's insanity was the result of an experiment to give him the powers of an Esper, by the time he ascended to godhood, he had drained the powers of countless Espers.

Where was he charging anything? Was it because of the pyramid thing that you thought that? Because he had that around him nearly the whole time...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 09:56 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

It was the Triad's power that did it, which we know Kefka had absorbed at the time, why is that so hard to get?

Reality warping in all likelihood. And...Yeah we can. The world was being rearranged and areas were being annihilated, the world was so ravaged plants could hardly grow. Kefka possessed the power of all the magic in the world, why is it so hard to believe he could accomplish this? Oh, and for another feat, constructing his tower from debris across the entire planet telekinetically.

Espers are not invincible, and the Gestahl Empire had devised a way to control and drain them...Hell, Kefka's insanity was the result of an experiment to give him the powers of an Esper, by the time he ascended to godhood, he had drained the powers of countless Espers.

Where was he charging anything? Was it because of the pyramid thing that you thought that? Because he had that around him nearly the whole time...

Well, I suppose you're right.

No, not the pyramid thing. You can see Kefka raise up his hands, then there's this sound, and then after a few seconds Light of Judgment fires off.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 10:21 PM
NemeBro

Ah, I see what you mean now, yes, there is a short charge.

Although in this fight, if he pulls it off, would you at least agree it would cause like, t3h super pwnage?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 10:46 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Ah, I see what you mean now, yes, there is a short charge.

Although in this fight, if he pulls it off, would you at least agree it would cause like, t3h super pwnage?

Yes, especially if Kefka kept firing at a single target instead of waving it around like crazy.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 11:00 PM
NemeBro

Yey.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 11:04 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

"if" kefka pull it off being the key statement...

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 10:22 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Doesn't need to.

The ruination of the world grants him the win.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 01:04 PM