KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Checking out this review

-they've said all the bosses look the same just with a different skin
-when you have all these other games that have been released Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed, God of War 3 and even 2 this game does'nt really compete
-Puzzles get repetative after a while.

Old Post May 24th, 2010 12:50 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by I-Drop
Anybody reserved this? You get anything extra for reserving it?

Old Post May 25th, 2010 02:01 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Kazenji
Checking out this review

-they've said all the bosses look the same just with a different skin
-when you have all these other games that have been released Uncharted 2, Assassins Creed, God of War 3 and even 2 this game does'nt really compete
-Puzzles get repetative after a while.

-Not to mention an ending that'll probably warrant a little more appreciation from the SoT fanboys who actually thought WW was the best of the trilogy and bitched about '08; this game's ending is about as suspenseful and climactic as Ninja Gaiden's. Actually, at least NG1 and NG2 had post-credits scenes. This game thinks it can get off from that just because it's an interquel (or in this particular case, a cash-in-terquel). I'm hard-pressed to say this even competes with TTT.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to resume awaiting word on a PoP '08 sequel.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 03:08 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
-Not to mention an ending that'll probably warrant a little more appreciation from the SoT fanboys who actually thought WW was the best of the trilogy and bitched about '08; this game's ending is about as suspenseful and climactic as Ninja Gaiden's. Actually, at least NG1 and NG2 had post-credits scenes. This game thinks it can get off from that just because it's an interquel (or in this particular case, a cash-in-terquel). I'm hard-pressed to say this even competes with TTT.

It wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't the best PoP either, I kinda feel like they just wanted to get a "Sands of Time" game out around the same time as the movie, banking on people liking the movie and wanting to play the game.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 02:17 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Having finished the 360 version rather inordinately fast...

It's a good game, but doesn't quite manage to live up to Sands of Time.

In some ways, it feels like what Warrior Within would have been without the emo cash-in attempt that so thoroughly ruined that game. The environmental puzzles have that same cleverly dangerous quality, and feel very similar. The combat is similar to that too, though obviously on a larger scale per battle. The integration of freezing water is probably the best gameplay device, which is good because the developers absolutely love it. Alternately freezing and unfreezing waterfalls into walls provides some of the best, tense runs in the game.

The combat is an interesting thing. It's deeper than SoT, more streamlined than WW and T2T, and shows obvious relation to PoP08. Standard battles average 6-12 enemies at once, and the larger encounters swing upwards of 50, even more if you're not too careful. The flow of combat takes a little getting used to, but once it clicks, you flow across the battlefield, jumping from one enemy to the next, bashing aside shields and leaping onto shoulders to dispatch from above.

The Prince himself starts out showing promise in his character, but without Farah to philosophize and quietly flirt with, or the Dark Prince to exchange witty retorts, his spirit just doesn't shine like it used to. The Prince as a character is much better when he has someone else to bounce off of, and here, where much of the game is played alone, he doesn't get the chance to show off as much as I'd like.

The story is decently told, a bit rote and obvious, and of course linear, which is standard for the series. The interactions with the Prince's brother Malik could have been much deeper, but again, it's not quite enough.

Overall, a decent game, but not on the same level as Sands of Time. Worthier addition to the series than Warrior Within, but not by much.
Better than the one they made w/the new prince tho, right?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2010 04:10 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Just finished this. I liked it quite a bit, the platforming is very fast and intuitive.

It's pretty short I guess I took maybe 6 hours to finish it, but I don't mind so much, was worth it really.

It seems also like they could have had more extras rather than two very similar fighting challenges and a costume. I also wish they had a chapter selection.

But all in all I enjoyed it a lot. Could do with another one of those.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 02:45 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I didn't mind it either. Nothing really new but it was a well made game and quite enjoyable.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 04:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I've forgot, is this a retail or Aracde game?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 19th, 2011 05:42 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Retail.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 05:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BloodRawEngine

I liked that PoP 08 game shame they still did'nt finish off the story even with the DLC.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 07:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Peach
For starters, this is not the fifth Prince of Persia game. It is actually the tenth game in the series.

Which ones do you count? I'd say it's the 8th in the main series.

PoP, PoP2, PoP3D, PoP SoT, PoP WW, PoP TTT, PoP and PoP TFS.

I guess you count Battles and Fallen King...hmm, nevermind then you are right.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 10:31 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

the prince of persia games are the best, Sands of Time is the best in the series but i still love the forgoten sands very much, prince of persia are the best games out there cant copmpete with that

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 05:14 AM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote