KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Starkiller lives?! WTF!

Starkiller lives?! WTF!
Started by: ares834

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I prefer Jedi Knight. Academy became ridiculously awesome towards the end. No other game can have you brutally cut down a jedi, backflip over his charging partner then force push him over into the canyon in front of him before he even turns around. Or gives you the thrill of personally duelling (really duelling) 4 enemies at once and triumphing. Man, now I wanna play.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yes, Jedi Academy was phuckin' awesome. I actually expected TFU to be similar.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Agreed, though, I did really enjoy Star Wars Starfighter and Star Wars Jedi Starfighter as well. Not many friends of mine enjoyed them but I thought it was a brilliant change of pace.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 08:20 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Really, on topic, folks. If you want to make a Star Wars video game thread, please do so! But this is intended for speculating about why the hell Starkiller still exists...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 12:54 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please rex your a mod, please do something about the shit storm and ban galen marek from the SW universe.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:13 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
Really, on topic, folks. If you want to make a Star Wars video game thread, please do so! But this is intended for speculating about why the hell Starkiller still exists...
said thread already exists.

Galen Marek still exists because luke-ass arts thought that there was alot of untapped money potential in tfu and if they did it again and did it better, they could make more money.

Unfortunately, like so many "2"s by lucasfilm, its going to be glitchy and unfinished. *sigh*

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

sorry rex, i didn't see your on topics urgings on page 3 before posting about the video games.

And my guess is that this might be a story about Galen Marek before the events of TFU. just a guess.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 10:45 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by BoratBorat
Please rex your a mod, please do something about the shit storm and ban galen marek from the SW universe.

Why? Galen Marek is awesome!

But this is intended for speculating about why the hell Starkiller still exists...

My guess; the game shows his adventures in the afterlife, i.e. he doesn't realise he's dead and throughout the game he struggles to overcome his dark past. At the end, when he lays all his demons to rest he's able to move on.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:18 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

My personal guess and how I would pull this one outta my ass would be to say that Marek's Kamikaze blast at the end wasn't what we thought it was and was instead some kind of wormhole or something. But maybe he couldn't control it so thats why hes stranded and/or batshit crazy now.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It could be plausible that it is pre-TFU events, like a prequel of sorts... but I find it more plausible that it is a sequel and that it takes place afterward.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 04:16 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

I thought the next game was non-canon or something? I thought it was like "what if" kinda thing, like how it would be like if he were to take Vader's place as Palpaine's apprentice.

EDIT: Ok, I watched the video, and my thoughts were wrong.

Last edited by Dominis on Dec 17th, 2009 at 04:30 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, that was the TFU Ultimate Edition or whatever.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 05:24 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

The Ultimate Sith Edition was a good idea. Non-canon, doesn't piss off the fans, but still fun and enjoyable.

Staying on topic, I seriously hope they come up with some sort of massive and believable explanation for TFU 2.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai100

I wonder what that huge beast was it made the rancor look like an ant

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Samurai100 a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

King Kong on steroids.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 07:49 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well there was a mutated Rancor in Academy. It may be a mutant.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 10:01 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

they might be trying to compete with the bad-ass involved in GOWIII. and failing. srsly, pick 5 minutes of game-play from the hand held version of god of war and it is more bad-ass than anything tfu could ever come up with.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 07:09 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

theyre the same game with a different skin.

same with devil may cry and dantes inferno.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 08:20 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cherrypieluva50
General Kota

there was 2 possible ending in SWTFU

1. dying at the hands of palpatine
2. killing vader...then becoming palpatines new right hand man

NEITHER ONE OF THESE would work with what i can see going on in the trailer.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:32 AM
Click here to Send cherrypieluva50 a Private Message Find more posts by cherrypieluva50 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

Originally posted by BoratBorat

What made you so interested in him? Do you have fetishs for very tall, large and bald muscular men?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote