KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What Literature-Based-Game do you Want?

What Literature-Based-Game do you Want?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MadMel
Heh

the animorphs series
dont ask me how it'll work though stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 08:58 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
TWILIGHT! eek!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 09:25 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud laughing

20,000 leagues under the sea is really the only book that comes to mind at the moment. It seems that most of the best literary works suited for video games have already been tried in one form or another.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 09:52 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

The Bartimaeus Trilogy and the Artemis Fowl series eek!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 11:42 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

not sure how artemis would work, as the climax's revolve around arty mind-f*cking everyone else in order to save the day stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 11:52 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

A Catcher in the Rye point and click adventure.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 01:00 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by MadMel
the animorphs series

Yikes, haven't thought about those in years.... I've read all 50 books in fact.

That could work actualy, an action-adventure game where people had the Animorph abilities.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 05:02 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

not sure how artemis would work, as the climax's revolve around arty mind-f*cking everyone else in order to save the day stick out tongue

i can see you in the first one playing as one of the elves[most likely Holly] trying to get in/out of Arty's home
and have a mini-game with Mulch breaking into the basement and then playing dead
and of course you gotta have the boss battle with the troll alongside Butler

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 09:17 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Morridini
Yikes, haven't thought about those in years.... I've read all 50 books in fact.

That could work actualy, an action-adventure game where people had the Animorph abilities.

i remember watching the tv series and the one alien guy trying to buy a stereo but got shut down cause he was all confuzzled on the slang terms or something

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 09:18 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Kazenji
Actually first we got Shadow Complex (Empire by Orson Scott Card) to my knowledge.

Romance Of The Three Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors came before Shadow Complex.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 11:40 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i remember watching the tv series and the one alien guy trying to buy a stereo but got shut down cause he was all confuzzled on the slang terms or something

now now you mustn't swear erm
'animorphs tv series' is a serious taboo, due to its sheer failure stick out tongue

and its 54 books, not counting the spinoffs stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 01:51 AM
menokokoro

Vampire hunter D...if they make it good...which they wouldn't/didn't

Edit: but to be fair, that was based off a movie, that was based off one of the books, but they didn't do the book justice in the movie imo.

Last edited by menokokoro on Feb 11th, 2010 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 03:05 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Morridini
I'd love to see a X-Wing game set during the New Jedi Order's Yuzzhan Vong invasion, enough with the mediocre Star Wars games set in the same era over and over again!

Yes, so instead let's make a mediocre SW game set in a complete travesty of an era.

Seriously. I question the sanity of anyone who likes the NJO and after. Because it's just bad.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 03:52 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

the animorphs series

There actually were some Animorphs games. They weren't the greatest, but they were okay.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 04:03 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

you mean those flash games on the animorphs website or actual games?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 08:25 AM
the_ninjak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors came before Shadow Complex.

edit

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 08:43 AM
the_ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the_ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the_ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

A Song of Ice and Fire

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 01:22 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

you mean those flash games on the animorphs website or actual games?

Some actual games. I still have one of them for the PS1.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 11:27 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

they should redo the tv series, with some actual violence, accuracy and decent actors (the only good actor in the series was shawn ashmore, and even he did a bad job)
then make a next-gen game out of it stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 01:56 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I think The Lost Years of Merlin series could make some good games. It might happen some day. T. A. Barron had something up on his website about talks for a movie some time ago, but I haven't checked in a long time.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 02:17 AM