KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What do you like about Joruus C'boath?

What do you like about Joruus C'boath?
Started by: Darth Heinous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
systemshock2

I liked the fact that he was so complicated. He was insane, but at the same time much of actions involved plans as guided as Thrawn's. He was also sympathetic in one moment, and then absolutely terrifying the other. I could also never tell as well if he truly wanted an apprentice because he yearned to teach them, or because he yearned to rule over someone. Also I loved the cat-and-mouse game he had with Thrawn. It would have also been interesting to see how he would've handled a lightsaber, considering he thought them beneath him and only relied on the force.

Best rivalry ever!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:07 AM
Click here to Send systemshock2 a Private Message Find more posts by systemshock2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CellDweller
He was able to choke Thrawn

C'baoth never choked Thrawn.. only Mara did that, and her Force strength was pretty low at the time. It didn't do much more than constrict his throat muscles a bit, and he was able to fight against it.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What do you like about Joruus C'boath?

Originally posted by Darth Heinous
What do you like about the Imperial Dark Jedi Joruus C'boath?

He was black.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You sure about that?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, he just bleached himself.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBanevv
Sith Lord

Lol.

I'm back!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 02:32 AM
Click here to Send DarthBanevv a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBanevv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Sparhawk

Originally posted by Delta 62
C'baoth never choked Thrawn.. only Mara did that, and her Force strength was pretty low at the time. It didn't do much more than constrict his throat muscles a bit, and he was able to fight against it.

The clone did not, but the true one did.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Sparhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Sparhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like his emphasis on controlling the mind. He considered - and rightly so - that if one can master manipulation of the mind via The Force one can achieve almost anything. Sure others like Kun could summon vast Force powers to drain teh life out of an entire species to destroy his opponents and preserve himself but C'baoth could mentally impart his own brain into others. This is an amazint tactic. The person is thus dependent entirely on you and if you sever the contact, they die. He also took over Thrawn's ship which had a crew of nearly 40,000 and just held them all at bay.

He also outsmarted Thrawn. That is an amazing act in and of itself.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 02:27 AM
Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

He had a ZZ Top beard........ HELLO!?!?!

How did everyone miss that over a 6 year period. ZZ Top beards are teh sex0rz, that's why I'll buy one since I suck at growing facial hair.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth C'baoth

He was one of my favorite EU characters. He was ambitions, powerful in the Force, and insane. And I liked how Luke wasn't sure if he was a dark jedi or just carzy lol. I thought that made him more intersting

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth C'baoth a Private Message Find more posts by Darth C'baoth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NowYouRemember
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What do you like about Joruus C'boath?

Originally posted by Darth Heinous
What do you like about the Imperial Dark Jedi Joruus C'boath?

His pretty eyes.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2011 11:24 AM
Click here to Send NowYouRemember a Private Message Find more posts by NowYouRemember Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Salar

His insanity, and his ability to control everyone on Thrawns ship

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Salar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Salar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

His craziness.

Because no matter how smart thrawn was, you can't outsmart crazy.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 06:20 AM
Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
akpwnz
Master Troll

Originally posted by Delta 62

Um, read much? Thrawn was seconds away from death via C'baoth's force choke in Outbound Flight.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 07:10 AM
Click here to Send akpwnz a Private Message Find more posts by akpwnz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by akpwnz
Um, read much? Thrawn was seconds away from death via C'baoth's force choke in Outbound Flight.
Um, 5 year old post from a member who doesn't come here anymore? Much?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 08:21 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
akpwnz
Master Troll

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Um, 5 year old post from a member who doesn't come here anymore? Much?

Um, because that would make him less wrong, much? I don't keep a list of who still visits these boards.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 09:29 PM
Click here to Send akpwnz a Private Message Find more posts by akpwnz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Um, because that would make him less wrong, much? I don't keep a list of who still visits these boards.
The board does, though. You can see this handy information within said member's profile. And you can see how old that post is by looking at the date it was posted.

But don't worry, I'm sure he'll be enthused to know someone responded.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2011 03:23 AM
ares834

Holy shit just that HWKN just returned from the dead.... Give me a moment to catch my breath...

Joruus=/=Jorus

Old Post Jul 31st, 2011 04:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote