KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo 3ds

Nintendo 3ds
Started by: One Free Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

$300 for a handheld. To me, that's the sign of being a rip off artist. They should offer a deal like if we get the 3DS, we can get a game with it for free and I don't mean giving us crappy sports games, I mean let us pick something off the shelf. Resident Evil Revelations is definatley the game I want to pick out.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 12:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

...considering how much the technology probably cost to develop?

They have to make money, and they certainly won't be making much, if any, profit on the actual system itself.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 12:03 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

They should lower the price to $250. That sounds more like a fair price.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 12:05 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Like I just said...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
...considering how much the technology probably cost to develop?

They have to make money, and they certainly won't be making much, if any, profit on the actual system itself.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 12:08 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

There are still many games on the DS to play; Final Fantasy IV, Lufia 2: Curse of the Sinistrals and such.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 12:36 AM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

The games commin' out for this are gonna be hot. Too damn exspensive for me, tho. I'd rather buy somethin' else if I'm gonna spend 300$. When they go the PS3 route, I'll consider gettin' one. All that money for somethin' I could put in my pocket, that's not a phone. I could undertstand if it did something new we haven't seen before or that I couldn't get outta other mobile devices, but sadly it does not.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Jan 13th, 2011 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 02:55 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Even Metal Gear Solid 3 is gonna be in this. Instead of a PS3 makeover, they throw it onto the 3DS. Great...Now I know I want to get that handheld.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 03:03 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

...why? Don't you already have it for like... your PS2?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 04:21 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually the technology probably didn't cost THAT much. As they have been talking, they were looking into this 3d idea on earlier systems but shied away as the components required were too expensive. Now they are not. I don't know how much it cost to get that much horsepower into it, though.

I do feel the system is on the pricey side, but there you go; it is priced there because the market will take it at that price point.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 08:15 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

It'll get cheaper, and perhaps smaller. Till then, I'll be gettin' it.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 08:44 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

My girlfriend wants to get it on launch, I'll probably wait until it gets cheaper if I get one, still got a lot of DS games to play, and maybe I'll steal it from her a couple of times.

Either way it does look awesome, the line up of announced games so far looks epic, I hope we will get more great titles with time though. And the demos look amazing. Personally I didn't see why you'd get a DSi or DSi XL over a DS Lite, just seemed like hardly any improvement, but this one looks like a gigantic leap.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 12:07 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

From reading some of the comments here, I get the feeling that either A) you are all cheapskates, or B) you don't really appreciate the situation. (Perhaps that doesn't apply to everyone)
If you didn't feel anything when you heard about an Ocarina of Time remake then I suppose that you must be just another noob who can only get off to GTA and Halo. No respect for the classics these days.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 01:23 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's stupid though. Why pay for a handheld remake of a game you've played a dozen times, especially if you already have it and can play it on something else?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jan 13th, 2011 at 01:34 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 01:29 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That's stupid though. Why pay for a handheld remake of a game you've played a dozen times, especially if you already have it and can play it on something else?

Why pay to eat at your favorite restaurant even though you have eaten there 1000 times and could just get the same food at home?

They will really hurt themselves if Nintendo manages to F up OoT.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 01:39 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I would never pay 300 dollars for a meal I've eaten a bunch of times. That would be stupid.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 01:43 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by LLLLLink
From reading some of the comments here, I get the feeling that either A) you are all cheapskates, or B) you don't really appreciate the situation. (Perhaps that doesn't apply to everyone)
If you didn't feel anything when you heard about an Ocarina of Time remake then I suppose that you must be just another noob who can only get off to GTA and Halo. No respect for the classics these days.

Yes, I am a cheapskate. I can't afford to shell out that much at once. It's called having responsibilities. And really, what situation is there to appreciate? It's a handheld system that will play in 3D (automatically drops my interest by a significant amount) with a bunch of remade games (drops it further, because if it's one I'm interested in, I've played it already numerous times).

And I've played OoT well over a dozen times, having owned it since it first came out, and I still have my N64 and copy of the game...don't really need a remake of it.

Also, your restaurant analogy fails, as 95% of people are not restaurant-quality chefs, and (as someone who is a damn good cook) cooking at home is oftentimes both pricy and very time-consuming.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 02:33 PM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Too shallow of a thought process to use that one, it seems.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 03:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Either post something useful for the thread or do not post at all, LLLLLink.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 03:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by LLLLLink

I haven't played Ocarina of Time. I'll probably check it on the 3DS though. Though it seems to me that you might give too much credit to the Zelda franchise, there are other games out there, and it's quite reasonable not to want to pay 300$ just for one game anyways.

And the truth is that consoles have their prices incredibly fast, so really it's more about if it is worth that much money to you to get it at the beginning cause you want to be part of "it" from the start and just can't wait a little bit longer.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 03:37 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Bardock42
I haven't played Ocarina of Time. I'll probably check it on the 3DS though. Though it seems to me that you might give too much credit to the Zelda franchise, there are other games out there, and it's quite reasonable not to want to pay 300$ just for one game anyways.

And the truth is that consoles have their prices incredibly fast, so really it's more about if it is worth that much money to you to get it at the beginning cause you want to be part of "it" from the start and just can't wait a little bit longer.

This (apart from not having played OoT). Though of course, there are more games there I'm interested in, as well as the technology itself.

It's doubtful I'll get the 3DS at launch, unless they have an absolutely phenomenal launch library, but I'm not expecting that at all. I can surely wait for a price drop or a bulk package.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 03:47 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote