KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo 3ds

Nintendo 3ds
Started by: One Free Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

Well I am interested in a lot of games that Wikipedia says will be on the 3DS

Assassin's Creed
Batman
Contra
Dead or Alive
Dragon Ball
FIFA Soccer
Kid Icarus
Ocarina of Time
Mario Cart
MGS3
Naruto Shippuden
Ninja Gaiden
Paper Mario
Pilot Wing Resort
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Mercenaries
Saints Row Drive By
Star Fox 64
Super Monkey Ball
Super Street Fighter IV

these to be specific. And I played OoT a bit at a friends house, I don't know, Link just seems way overrated...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 04:06 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well I am interested in a lot of games that Wikipedia says will be on the 3DS

Assassin's Creed
Batman
Contra
Dead or Alive
Dragon Ball
FIFA Soccer
Kid Icarus
Ocarina of Time
Mario Cart
MGS3
Naruto Shippuden
Ninja Gaiden
Paper Mario
Pilot Wing Resort
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Mercenaries
Saints Row Drive By
Star Fox 64
Super Monkey Ball
Super Street Fighter IV

these to be specific. And I played OoT a bit at a friends house, I don't know, Link just seems way overrated...

Assassin's Creed is the only one of those I really have any interest in, myself. A lot are just remakes of games I've already played (and some of those I didn't even like much the first time I played them).

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 04:13 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

AC, OoT, and Star Fox are the only ones there currently catching my interest. Mario Kart and Kid Icarus are to be determined after they're released and reviewed.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 04:15 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I am interested in Kid Icarus, I love the one on my GameBoy, but I mean the gameplay is going to be completely different.

And I did play some of those on their original console, but being able to play them on the go and perhaps with overhauled graphics, sounds great to me.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 04:40 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Won't be buying this system for quite a while it seems. No way will I pay $300 for a handheld.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 09:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
...why? Don't you already have it for like... your PS2?

I don't have a PS2 and my PS3 doesn't play last gen games unless they were downloadable content (like MGS1 for example). I could get a PS2 to play it but I think I'll play it on the 3DS if I do plan to get it and besides, MGS3 isn't the only reason why I want one. There's also Resident Evil Revelations and Mercenaries.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 12:18 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Any specifics as to that Batman being on the 3DS list? Like it being Arkham Asylum-esque or anything?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 01:34 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

*crosses fingers for a reboot of the Metroid Prime : Hunters universe*

><

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 09:14 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Would rather have a post-Fusion game or Metroid II remake on the 3DS instead of more of that hunters stuff. erm

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 09:26 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
*crosses fingers for a reboot of the Metroid Prime : Hunters universe*

><

Guh, no. Do what Zero Mission did for Metroid 1, to Metroid II, or finally do something after Fusion. Hunters needs to go away.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 04:06 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Holy f*cking shitbabies, Contra!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 10:17 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Is this system going to backwards compatible? With the DS games I mean?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 02:17 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Is this system going to backwards compatible? With the DS games I mean?

I would imagine so, as backwards compatibility has always been a thing for Nintendo handhelds, at least to the immediately-previous generation. Although, I remember reading somewhere that Nintendo really wanted to push downloadable games for the 3DS...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 02:28 PM
Bardock42

I read that the cartridges are basically the same, and just have an additional hook or something so you don't put 3DS games in the standard DS, while presumably DS games fit in the 3DS.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 02:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeedy.

Mind you, this has to be the last time that Nintendo do a straight cartridge handheld like this. Some of their bigwigs have already said they like the Kindle.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 15th, 2011 at 03:18 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 02:47 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Guh, no. Do what Zero Mission did for Metroid 1, to Metroid II, or finally do something after Fusion. Hunters needs to go away.
so you're saying.. we need yet another retelling, instead of a great multiplayer experience? I'll pass

if you're talking about single player.. I dont know who on gods green earth played hunters for the story

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 03:10 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Indeedy.

Mind you, this has to be the last time that Nintendo do a straight cartridge handheld like this. Some of their bigwigs have already said they like the Kindle.

Makes sense. Things should get a lot cheaper by the next time around.

Also perhaps they will go into competing more with all those other internet devices/phones, like Sony is obviously trying.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 03:30 PM
Peach
mordrem

The 3DS is most definitely going to be backwards compatible with DS games.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 03:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Good. Now to just wait for the price to drop and I can finally get back to my lovely DS games. I don't want to buy a new DS just for me to have to try and scrape up money to get the 3DS. Looks like I'm waiting...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 03:51 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Perhaps when the 3DS comes out the DSi will drop in price. Personally I bought a DS Lite of ebay half a year ago for like 70 Euros, so that was fine for me.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 05:02 PM