KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How do I explain Jedi are not all powerful?

How do I explain Jedi are not all powerful?
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Jedi Academy was translated into a 4 issue comic book mini entitled "Leviathan", but yeah, he likely meant "book 3."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
yeah, i've read that. If Kyp moves a planet ANYWHERE in that book, i'll make my avatar Darth Bandon for a month.

lmao im certain that he did....but if im wrong then im wrong but i swear i can remember reading it.

he was on the sun crusher and he was under attack so he reached out with all of his effort to move a planet towards the oncoming attackers

that was not the quote im looking for but i swear i remember reading that.

Originally posted by Galan007
Jedi Academy was translated into a 4 issue comic book mini entitled "Leviathan", but yeah, he likely meant "book 3."

yea i ment book 3......also sweet sig....he's my favorite jedi.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 08:39 PM
Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Quote por favor. It didn't even say it on Wiki, (which i promise wouldn't have been good enough for anyone here.)

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 11:44 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Quote por favor. It didn't even say it on Wiki, (which i promise wouldn't have been good enough for anyone here.)

I didn't look it up on wiki...i read it....but anyway i could have sworn i read the situation i stated so much so that i would have bet on it but since i couldn't find it i gave you the benefit of the doubt...stating that yea i really could be wrong....

but im going to call my dad for a fact check(I have to get my books from somewhere lmao)

Old Post May 4th, 2010 12:07 AM
Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I didn't look it up on wiki...i read it....but anyway i could have sworn i read the situation i stated so much so that i would have bet on it but since i couldn't find it i gave you the benefit of the doubt...stating that yea i really could be wrong....

but im going to call my dad for a fact check(I have to get my books from somewhere lmao)

EDIT: my father agrees with you on the subject....and im very inclined to believe anything he says about star wars....I guess your right but then what book did i read that someone moved a planet? confused

Old Post May 4th, 2010 12:13 AM
truejedi

perhaps Bane, Rule of Two? He is rumored to have nudged a moon. However, upon closer examination of the facts, even that isn't true.

Luke cloaks a moon from discovery, and Zonoma Sekot is equipped with hyperspace motors.

Besides that, I have no idea.

Old Post May 4th, 2010 12:28 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

perhaps Bane, Rule of Two? He is rumored to have nudged a moon. However, upon closer examination of the facts, even that isn't true.

Luke cloaks a moon from discovery, and Zonoma Sekot is equipped with hyperspace motors.

actually i think it was in Vector Prime when the yosongvon war started....the yosongvong pulled a moon into a planet killing chewy......

so it was not a jedi or the force...sorry for the confusion....

but the liveing planet could move itself stick out tongue

Old Post May 4th, 2010 12:40 AM
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pardon bringing up an older thread, but I don't remember Luke specifically cloaking a moon (Yavin IV) from being discovered (wasn't it the other Jedi Masters doing so in the NJO series, and not Luke)?

Question on that: I can understand how a group of Masters can cloak a moon from humans and alien minds using the Force, but how did they fool the Yuuzhan Vong from seeing the moon, if they were stripped of the Force?

Was the cloak a massive mind trick, or an actual physical manifestation of the Force?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 09:23 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Derelite

i think i remember hearing that kyp durron did move a planet.. im not sure where though so if you question me i wont be able to defend myself hahah

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Derelite a Private Message Find more posts by Derelite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Derelite
i think i remember hearing that kyp durron did move a planet.. im not sure where though so if you question me i wont be able to defend myself hahah

In one of the NJO novels they mention that Kyp pulled the Sun Crusher out of Yavin's gas giant's gravity well with the Force...that may be what you're talking about.

However, in the book where it actually happened (Dark Apprentice maybe?) he just uses the Force to activate the Sun Crusher's controls and fly it remotely...

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Enyalus
In one of the NJO novels they mention that Kyp pulled the Sun Crusher out of Yavin's gas giant's gravity well with the Force...that may be what you're talking about.

However, in the book where it actually happened (Dark Apprentice maybe?) he just uses the Force to activate the Sun Crusher's controls and fly it remotely...

You're spot on about that. I remember reading about this inconsistency, that the NJO series claimed Kyp used the Force to physically move it, when in actuality he uses the Force to activate the ship's controls like you said.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 08:34 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Derelite

yeah that is probably what i am thinking. star wars just has too much information for my brain haha

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Derelite a Private Message Find more posts by Derelite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote