KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » FoTJ: Allies

FoTJ: Allies
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I recall correctly, Daala was also a war criminal and terrorist.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent White
No title since 2009-07-25

There you go. If she pushes the Jedi too far, they can just reach into the legal document banks, pull out a few warrants arresting Daala for war crimes/crimes against sentience, and BOOM! Problem solved.

In my opinion, Darth Caedus was and always will be the immortal leader of the Galactic Alliance, but that's just my opinion....

"I'm not crazy! Don't call me crazy! I'm just not user-friendly!"

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Agent White a Private Message Find more posts by Agent White Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Daala is only cool because she tried to save Pelleon.

I wish Kyp had killed her in JA.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:59 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i like daala. shes just a **** up of epic proportions. i dont understand why shes allowed to be involved in any important events in the mythos at all TBH... its like a horrible actor who keeps getting scripts

Old Post May 19th, 2010 12:59 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's strange how the general public in the SW universe is often anti Jedi, forgetting about the fact that the Jedi saved the galaxy from pretty much every threat it's ever faced.

Old Post May 19th, 2010 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent White

All it takes is one good anti-Jedi leader, and the public follows them. The SW public is even more gullible than the real-world public.

Old Post May 19th, 2010 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Agent White a Private Message Find more posts by Agent White Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

So what's the release date?

Old Post May 20th, 2010 02:15 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gideon
If I recall correctly, Daala was also a war criminal and terrorist.

I really don't understand how the public of the SW universe would accept a former Imperial war criminal and terrorist that helped develop superweapons such as the Sun Crusher as the chief of state. Have they lost their minds? That would be like us accepting Osama as the president.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

It was a bit of a stretch. It was really really bad move on Luke's part, regardless. If anything, it was time for Luke to seize control. (though i'm sure that wasn't what he wanted).

Old Post May 20th, 2010 07:31 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

No.

I submit to you that it would be too tough to call between Luke and Daala in terms of leadership skills.

Luke really is a disaster when it comes to leading; he's an unparalleled hero, he's superb at making peace, but he's ill-equipped to maintain it.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gideon
No.

I submit to you that it would be too tough to call between Luke and Daala in terms of leadership skills.

Luke really is a disaster when it comes to leading; he's an unparalleled hero, he's superb at making peace, but he's ill-equipped to maintain it.

How?

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:27 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He's a total thicko.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

N
He's a total thicko.

Precisely.

Skywalker has no concept of civil discourse, debate, or point-making (as demonstrated in his ridiculous debate with the war criminal herself [he let her take the moral high ground]), the Dark Nest Crisis and Yuuzhan Vong invasion are littered with his inability to control or rein in the actions of his subordinates, and Legacy of the Force shows him release a dangerous enemy simply because he couldn't control his emotions.

Which is to say he's apparently never heard of an arrest.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:37 PM
Lucius
Unknown

You know, a lack of leadership skill is a rather glaring lack considering Luke's position.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Why do you think so many of his Jedi turn to the darkside?

Last edited by Nephthys on May 20th, 2010 at 09:05 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2010 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Kyp was possessed by Exar Kun. Zekk was originally a dark Jedi but became a Jedi Knight. Brakkis was an infiltrator. Mara was an Emperor's Hand, but became Luke's wife and a Jedi Master. Tahiri never fully turned. Only Jacen and Alema Rar fully turned to the dark side.

War Doctor

Old Post May 20th, 2010 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent White

Daala is nothing more than a criminal, but Gideon's right, Luke can't lead a peacetime government for...well, you get the point.

I say, bring back Cal Omas. Or Darth Caedus. Both led the Alliance through some pretty tough times.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 01:35 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Leia should have been in charge. I recall that she was pretty competantafter Endor. And she isn't that old.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 01:51 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Leia should have been in charge. I recall that she was pretty competantafter Endor. And she isn't that old.

Good point.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 01:53 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why they didn't turn over the government to Pellaeon from day one is beyond me; he is a famous Imperial, sure, but he doesn't have Daala's record of stupidity or terrorism attached to his name.

Wynn Dorvan, Daala's aide, is definitely preferable to Daala herself. In addition to her grotesque incompetence and reputation, Dorvan notes in Backlash that she's taking a page from Palpatine's playbook.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 02:51 AM