KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » FoTJ: Allies

FoTJ: Allies
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
truejedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gideon

Which is to say he's apparently never heard of an arrest.

hahaha. I literally lol'd Excellent point. He is still a farmboy.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 03:00 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Pelleon, or just give it back to a freaking senate and have an ELECTION. How hard would a simple ELECTION be? Anything else is not a democracy anyway.

and somebody mentioned Cal Omas: He's dead.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 03:02 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Daala was elected.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 03:03 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

No mention of it in Invincible, but she was the only "universally acceptable" choice according to Leia. Basically, i think the higher-ups of the different factions picked her.

Created a monster. Honestly, the way this galaxy has a galatic war literally every year or 2 is melodrama.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 03:07 AM
Agent White
No title since 2009-07-25

I think that with a galaxy as large as the SW galaxy...you can't have a democratic government. Too many voices to listen too. Authoritarian seems to work pretty well. If only the damned Rebels hadn't overthrown the damned Empire...

Oh, and regarding Cal Omas, death has never seeemd to stop the Star Wars universe before.

"I'm not crazy! Don't call me crazy! I'm just not user-friendly!"

Old Post May 21st, 2010 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Agent White a Private Message Find more posts by Agent White Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which is to say he's apparently never heard of an arrest.

But in FOTJ he's displayed a pretty large knowledge of the physics of black holes. cool

I think Luke's a pretty good leader compared to Daala though.

Oh yeah: how does Daala get away with attacking the Temple with Mandos? Does she have legal authorization to do that?

Old Post May 21st, 2010 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

the only thing luke should ever be allowed to lead is a fighter squadron.

anything other then that is out of his mental jurisdiction.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 07:41 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

There might be a resurgence of the Mandalorians, but under a new leader. The Moffs might cause a brief second Mandalorian Wars, but nothing on the scale of the first. In KOTOR2, Onasi stated that Revan believed it wasn't the Mandalorians choice to fight. Maybe Abeloth will convice the Mandalorians to attack the Sith? Who the hell knows?

War Doctor

Old Post May 25th, 2010 07:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I took a trip up to Barnes&Noble today to see if I was going to make a purchase; I flipped through the book for about an hour.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Daala's government is in the lurch; the tenacious reporter whose name eludes me from the previous FotJ books has gone so far as to publicly compare her to Palpatine, Vader, and Caedus in a series of reports and advertisements; Dorvan is becoming convinced that she's letting her ego and personal grudge with the Jedi corrupt her; Vestara, in a discussion with her father, reveals that she's both aware of Mara's former position as Palpatine's Hand and considers Vader to be "one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history," the book is littered with accolades -- though none of them original or specific -- for Caedus and Abeloth by various characters. Vestara and Ben's relationship continues to grow and it's surprisingly well-written. Luke shrewdly does not trust the Sith despite their formal alliance and continues to hold Vestara as collateral, all the while trying to blunt her influence over Ben. Abeloth rears her ugly head and Luke and four of "the strongest and most powerful Sith" of the Lost Tribe take her on in battle. TFN was correct: the physical details of the fight are few and far between, and the Sith cunningly attempt -- at least once -- during the fight to kill Luke as well as Abeloth. It's largely Abeloth vs. Luke, though, in a mystical internal battle as well, with the Sith focusing on using a Force net technique to prevent Abeloth from bringing her full powers to bear. She attempts to manipulate Luke through images of Callista, but the attempt fails due to advice from Mara earlier in the book. The novel ends with Tahiri on trial and a recording of her confrontation with Pellaeon in Revelation; after it's finished, the court and jury are decidedly against her.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tahiri realistically should win the trial; she was given orders by the Galactic Alliance Government (well, Caedus, who was Chief of State and thus part of the gov't) to do that, and then the Galactic Alliance gov't is persecuting her for it? WTF?

Old Post May 25th, 2010 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image) Hmmmm.... You read too fast.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would imagine that the authors are trying to make a [vague] analogy between the Galactic Alliance under Caedus and Nazi Germany under Adolf Hitler; Hitler, even moreso than Caedus, was the [more or less] democratically elected and legitimate leader of Germany, yet intelligence agencies across the globe to this day hunt down ex-S.S. officers and Nazi colluders. It stems from the fact that Germany was an outlaw nation led by war criminals.

Now I realize that the assassination of one man is a far cry from genocide, but in principle, it is similar: A leader [Caedus/Hitler] gives an underling [Tahiri/Random S.S. flunky] an order [kill Pellaeon/kill Jews]. It doesn't help matters that Daala was a known personal friend of Pellaeon and that he was pretty much universally respected.

To the eyes of many, Tahiri could have refused.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 10:54 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would imagine that the authors are trying to make a [vague] analogy between the Galactic Alliance under Caedus and Nazi Germany under Adolf Hitler; Hitler, even moreso than Caedus, was the [more or less] democratically elected and legitimate leader of Germany, yet intelligence agencies across the globe to this day hunt down ex-S.S. officers and Nazi colluders. It stems from the fact that Germany was an outlaw nation led by war criminals.

Now I realize that the assassination of one man is a far cry from genocide, but in principle, it is similar: A leader [Caedus/Hitler] gives an underling [Tahiri/Random S.S. flunky] an order [kill Pellaeon/kill Jews]. It doesn't help matters that Daala was a known personal friend of Pellaeon and that he was pretty much universally respected.

To the eyes of many, Tahiri could have refused.

So if Caedus is apparently like Hitler, what would Sidious be?

And if Tahiri refused, I wouldn't be surprised if Daala tried her for disobeying an order. It was a lose-lose for Tahiri.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 10:58 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Palpatine is probably every bit of Stalin as he is Hitler. Caedus, in his behavior and attitude, was very much like Hitler post-Stalingrad. There were obvious signs of encroaching insanity and mental instability.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 11:02 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That trial seems like a farse to me. The law doesn't judge people via morality, but by law. Hope she gets off, I like her crazy sado ways.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
That trial seems like a farse to me. The law doesn't judge people via morality, but by law. Hope she gets off, I like her crazy sado ways.

By law, in a war you're supposed to follow a superior's orders (aka Caedus's), although morally the right thing to do would be to only follow it if it isn't insane/evil/suicidal.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 11:13 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not a bad read at all(just finished). But we can put to rest the idea that any of the Lost Tribe members can take down Luke Skywalker.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

can't wait to read it. They keep cranking up the price on all of these novels, and to add insult to injury decided to hardcover every single one of these mf'ers.

Old Post May 26th, 2010 12:47 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

yeah that really pisses me off. money grubbing douchebags

Old Post May 26th, 2010 01:14 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I just read the first one and (since I will be gone and will not have to deal with teh dramax I kick off) would like to note that I did not find Luke's handling of the Hidden One to resemble anything like a "struggle."

Old Post May 26th, 2010 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote