KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Total Recall Remake

Total Recall Remake
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exiled1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Angry they'd have to make it better.

Never read the book, but I despised the old movie, not for its story, but because the ending never made distinction between dream and reality. But I really hope it was a dream, it would be too mind-boggling otherwise - a pool-ball size tracer from his nose? There MUST be a remake (Different, preferably) confused

Old Post Aug 26th, 2011 08:32 AM
exiled1 is currently offline Click here to Send exiled1 a Private Message Find more posts by exiled1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: they'd have to make it better.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exiled1
Never read the book, but I despised the old movie, not for its story, but because the ending never made distinction between dream and reality.

Well actually it did.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2011 08:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manofwords

They lost me at Colin Farrell

Old Post Sep 4th, 2011 02:06 PM
Manofwords is currently offline Click here to Send Manofwords a Private Message Find more posts by Manofwords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Bokeem Woodbine is in it, hoping it's a very minor role.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 7th, 2011 05:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iRuleSoHard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by K.Diddy
no I am a rare person that actually doesn't mind movies being remade,but this is one movie,that really should be left alone

I'm similar. I don't mind remakes if there's a point to them besides a cash grab.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 12:02 AM
iRuleSoHard is currently offline Click here to Send iRuleSoHard a Private Message Find more posts by iRuleSoHard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I like Collin Farrel, In Bruges and London Boulevard are two of my favourite movies, and it's not like the original Total Recall is some great untouchable holy grail of film making. This could be a decent enough remake.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 12:15 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Farrel usually sucks in American movie, but is great in foreign movies. Unfortunately, this is American made.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 01:27 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Myth
Farrel usually sucks in American movie, but is great in foreign movies. Unfortunately, this is American made.

You've obviously not seen S.W.A.T.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 02:50 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Supposedly he was very good in Fright Night too. And he was good in Miami Vice imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 03:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Robtard
You've obviously not seen S.W.A.T.

I hated that movie. It pretty much had a 5 minute storyline that set up mindless action. And besides, I said "usually" sucks in American movies. He has had a few decent roles in American movies, but his best movies have been non-American made.

PR - I did hear he was decent in Fright Night, but I have not seen that one.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 08:01 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He's great in Fight Night

stuff the twilight vamps, His vamp portrayal is so much better.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 09:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Myth
I hated that movie. It pretty much had a 5 minute storyline that set up mindless action. And besides, I said "usually" sucks in American movies. He has had a few decent roles in American movies, but his best movies have been non-American made.

PR - I did hear he was decent in Fright Night, but I have not seen that one.

It was sarcasm, S.W.A.T. was terrible and everyone in that film sucked.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 05:53 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

A couple of months ago I was talking to my brother, and I asked him "What was that movie where some terrorist gets arrested, then he promises to pay a million dollars to whoever can free him from prison?" He looks at me funny and says "... SWAT?" I started laughing because that movie was horrible... then I was embarrassed because I kind of liked the premise.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 06:03 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Oh, gotcha.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 09:08 PM
Mindset

Wrong.

YOU. ARE. WRONG.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 07:12 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 02:26 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, Lord. Trailer hype for trailers now... roll eyes (sarcastic)

But anyway... it looks like it might be fun. Can't be as bad as Verhoven's (probably won't be as funny either, though).

From that little preview, I got kind of a Fifth Element meets Minority Report meets Watchmen vibe.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Mar 28th, 2012 at 08:50 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 08:47 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
[B]
But anyway... it looks like it might be fun. Can't be as bad as Verhoven's

Verhoven's movie was bad for you......in what way?

quote:
(probably won't be as funny either, though).

Might be because they're actually going out of their way to based it more on the story from Philip K Dick's story.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 06:48 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji

Might be because they're actually going out of their way to based it more on the story from Philip K Dick's story.

How is it more faithful to Dick, if Mars never gets mentioned or used in this film? That's what I've heard.

Can't see how this is going to be profitable - a $200 million dollar film released on Aug. 3rd with Colin Farrell as the star.

Jessica Biel & Kate Beckinsale are the females, sure (Kate once again appearing in a film by hubby Len Wiseman), but when have they ever opened a real blockbuster movie?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 03:14 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by roughrider
How is it more faithful to Dick, if Mars never gets mentioned or used in this film? That's what I've heard.

I haven't read the story ""We Can Remember It for You Wholesale" so i wouldn't know

just presumed that they are since there's no funny parts like in the Schwarzenegger movie.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 05:48 AM