KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tekken X Street Fighter

Tekken X Street Fighter
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guile looks very realistic

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 04:43 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Too bad that Guile pic ain't from the game.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 04:57 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

i think the namco version of the sf characters are gonna look way better than 2d. and of course more realistic or less cartoony lookin'.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 06:11 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'll just.. leave this right here.. >_> ( 1:15 is my fave moment)

and yeah.. the guile was by someone using Zbrush at CGsociety I think.. alot of good unrecognized 3d artists out there

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 11:20 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swormara III
Restricted

Account Restricted

Holy motherf- Ryu looks amazing in Tekken.

Also at I thought the Guile pic was from it also. Not that he isn't going to look like that somewhat.

Dang - an official banner with Evil Ryu and Devil Jin side by side...whatever happened to Kazuya vs Ryu? Not that it makes more sense.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 04:35 AM
Swormara III is currently offline Click here to Send Swormara III a Private Message Find more posts by Swormara III Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'll just.. leave this right here.. >_> ( 1:15 is my fave moment)

and yeah.. the guile was by someone using Zbrush at CGsociety I think.. alot of good unrecognized 3d artists out there

lol.

even if you're pretending to kid, like right now,we all know that secretly you, and a few others on here, would absolutely love for tekken x street fighter to look like that just as much as you adore street fighter 4 and mvc3. but what really makes it great (for me) is you knowing it's so not gonna look like that. the inevitable dissapointment. that in fact it's gonna look stupid amazing, retarded amazing, and much more realistic that any fighter out including any of the preteen 2d fighters that are out now and that will come out. and that it'll also play better than any 3d fighter on the market now and then.

i'll hate that tekken might have to kinda dumb itself down or be lenient. like for example sf projectiles'd be an unfunny joke against a tekken warrior. and sf warriors need their colorful fires and energy balls to win so. i dunno. we'll have to wait and see in a bit...

at least keep the bone shattering and joint dislocation sound effects in.

cool

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:30 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
lol.

even if you're pretending to kid, like right now,we all know that secretly you, and a few others on here, would absolutely love for tekken x street fighter to look like that just as much as you adore street fighter 4 and mvc3. but what really makes it great (for me) is you knowing it's so not gonna look like that. the inevitable dissapointment. that in fact it's gonna look stupid amazing, retarded amazing, and much more realistic that any fighter out including any of the preteen 2d fighters that are out now and that will come out. and that it'll also play better than any 3d fighter on the market now and then.

i'll hate that tekken might have to kinda dumb itself down or be lenient. like for example sf projectiles'd be an unfunny joke against a tekken warrior. and sf warriors need their colorful fires and energy balls to win so. i dunno. we'll have to wait and see in a bit...

at least keep the bone shattering and joint dislocation sound effects in.

cool

whats that kiddo?.. I've liked tekken since it came out.. when I was in 7th and 8th grade.. just because I dislike 4 (not because it was a bad game.. but it just didnt really feel like a nice tekken to me) and 6... (5 was eh.. at least it didnt have rage mode, and it felt the closest to the older tekkens out of the new bunch), doesnt mean I 'hate' tekken.. the problem here is that 'you' give tekken way too much credit.. you bestow all these delusional accolades unto this game.. and really.. tekken has been on the decline for some time now (gameplay wise, which is sad)

so while I dont look forward to this game as much as you.. (which would probably be higher than a VF1 character could jump).. I do very much want to see how this game turns out..

as for the tekken dumbing itself down.. the street fighters dont pull punches either.. I'm pretty sure you dont know some of the silliness that SF'ers are capable of.. it all depends on how they represent the characters for whether or not the fireballs look as vicious as they should..

capcom just likes to be stylistic with each entry (as far as projectiles go).. they cant have shit flying DBZ fast and expect newcomers to be like "oh yeah I'll definitely be up in this".. not to mention, gameplay wise.. the slower the projectile the better smile (more pressure / mindgames)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 04:03 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Heres a 3d ryu from CGsociety as well..

I like his anatomy, but obviously he's lacking in other areas.. but I think its still a very well done and semi-realistic model

---> Links to High Res images:

---> High Res Image 1 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/image...u/ryu07_big.jpg)
---> High Res Image 2 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/image...u/ryu08_big.jpg)
---> High Res Image 3 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/image...u/ryu09_big.jpg)

http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu07.jpg
http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu08.jpg
http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu09.jpg

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 10:04 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Ehhh... not bad, but, I'm not feeling it. The way his muscles are proportioned it makes him look kind of fat. Also I feel like the ratio of face to hair is messed up. His face looks too short. They should tone down his neck muscles too lol, sheesh.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 10:06 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Heres a 3d ryu from CGsociety as well..

I like his anatomy, but obviously he's lacking in other areas.. but I think its still a very well done and semi-realistic model

---> Links to High Res images:

---> High Res Image 1 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/image...u/ryu07_big.jpg)
---> High Res Image 2 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/image...u/ryu08_big.jpg)
---> High Res Image 3 (http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/image...u/ryu09_big.jpg)

http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu07.jpg
http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu08.jpg
http://www.pierrebourgeot.com/images_post/Ryu/ryu09.jpg

cool lookin' hi res renders of ryu. he should (finally) look a bit more asian and less european or american lookin', in the face, since he is full blooded japanese born character.

he could do without the highwaters, as well. good bod.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 11:23 AM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ryu looks too European in those pics

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 12:11 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Swormara III
Holy motherf- Ryu looks amazing in Tekken.

Also at I thought the Guile pic was from it also. Not that he isn't going to look like that somewhat.

Dang - an official banner with Evil Ryu and Devil Jin side by side...whatever happened to Kazuya vs Ryu? Not that it makes more sense.

i think they meant evil ryu x devil jin. i'd rather see akuma x devil jin. demon x demon.

or if devil kazuya comes back, devil kazuya & devil jin vs evil ryu & akuma: a match made in hell..

who'd win, dunno but a battle like that would probably be the most epic 2v2 fight on both crossovers that one can create, imo.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 01:15 PM
NemeBro

I'd like to point out that in terms of storyline power, Akuma could effortlessly beat any Tekken character. In one punch.

Ohohoho.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 01:18 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

uh oh, here we go with the island punching thing. honestly, effortlessly making an island dissapear into oblivion is a much more amazing feat but to each his own opinion.

and if we went by gameplay factors mishima and son have the more have the more stronger powers.

just me..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 01:58 PM
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Akuma is way too overrated anyway i hope he's not in SFXT or TXSF & even MVC3 either because Capcom really hugs his nuts when it comes to non-canon crossovers and go see his SVC Chaos ending for proof.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 02:52 PM
FistOfThe North

well is a demonic being. and demons have supernatural powers so they powers should be great not exagerrated because what's the point of having him as a playable character if he can just kill everyone at will, and he hasn't anyway. the thing is the devil, which resides in jin. (and hopefully again in kazuya) should have way more powers than a demon because the devil is the king of demons. but even then you don't see devil jin or kazuya nerfed like akuma always is.

and it's also the reason i believe devil jin or devil kazuya can defeat Akuma single handedly. because of the devil/demon heirarchy power level difference. which is vast.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:36 PM
NemeBro

Your basis for Devil being stronger than Gouki: He's named Devil.

My basis for Gouki being stronger than Devil: He hits harder and has shown to be far more powerful.

Oho.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:38 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

In this game they will be kinda equal in power with Evil Ryu vs Devil Jin or Devil Kazuya vs Shin Akuma.
Bryan vs Guile would be cool to see so would Yoshimitsu vs Vega

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:51 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by NemeBro
Your basis for Devil being stronger than Gouki: He's named Devil.

My basis for Gouki being stronger than Devil: He hits harder and has shown to be far more powerful.

Oho.

yea. maybe you'll have to read my posts at a slower pace so you could understand since i wrote why a devil would be stronger than demon and how i didn't base anything on anyone being called a name..

no one in hell (or on earth) is stronger than the devil. he is as stong and as powerful and as violent as you can evily get anywhere. understand?

devil jin/kazuya are the devil incarnate. akuma has demonic powers. a demon is an underling compared to the devil. who'll win..

remember,.. slowly..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 04:12 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by majid86
Akuma is way too overrated anyway i hope he's not in SFXT or TXSF & even MVC3 either because Capcom really hugs his nuts when it comes to non-canon crossovers and go see his SVC Chaos ending for proof.

He will be in it and he will probably be a badass in both games. That is just the way it is. Lets just pray he stays away from any Devil Gene fusions or else the multiverse will implode.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
well is a demonic being. and demons have supernatural powers so they powers should be great not exagerrated because what's the point of having him as a playable character if he can just kill everyone at will, and he hasn't anyway. the thing is the devil, which resides in jin. (and hopefully again in kazuya) should have way more powers than a demon because the devil is the king of demons. but even then you don't see devil jin or kazuya nerfed like akuma always is.

and it's also the reason i believe devil jin or devil kazuya can defeat Akuma single handedly. because of the devil/demon heirarchy power level difference. which is vast.

Storywise Akuma holds back a lot. Otherwise he would be punching holes through every living being he fights. In fact Capcom has stated that reason has so little health gameplay wise, besides obvious balancing issues, is that he holds back.

Also Akuma isn't a demon so there goes your entire theory.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 21st, 2010 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 04:27 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote