KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » King Kandy's Super Tourney!

King Kandy's Super Tourney!
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

I want to judge, I've never played on this before but sadly I only get less and less time to do stuff online lately.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 01:09 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Alright.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 01:25 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I'm signed on as a judge. Good luck to Kandy and whoever enters.
dang it, i'll have to get you next time

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 02:49 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Oh, so are you going to enter after all?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 03:09 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

So do judges outnumber competitors right now?
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Can I be a judge?

i've tried competeing before and I suck at it sad

The only way to get better at something is to practice. I did a lot better on my second tourney than on the first. I still lost, but I was up against two of the greatests debaters on the site. And for a second I actually thought I might beat Smurph.

Then he broke my balls.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 03:10 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by King Kandy
Oh, so are you going to enter after all?
still a maybe

for now

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 03:45 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Omega Vision
So do judges outnumber competitors right now?

Yeah. I'd really rather for now that people apply as contestants (though I guess there's nothing wrong with a surplus of judges... after all, people won't always be available).

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 03:47 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Leo isn't around either? Sadly some of the random competition got slowly but steadly banned.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 11:53 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I PMed Leo but haven't gotten a reply.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 02:32 PM
rader
Person

I would like to join as a competitor. I'll pm you to see if my picks will be allowed in the draft.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 04:41 PM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Omega Vision

The only way to get better at something is to practice. I did a lot better on my second tourney than on the first. I still lost, but I was up against two of the greatests debaters on the site. And for a second I actually thought I might beat Smurph.

Then he broke my balls.
I haven't done this in three years so i'll watch and judge before I try to do it myself.I'm not good with what you might call strategy.

What else did you except against smurph? laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 09:22 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

New Rule:

Telepathy is allowed, but no mind control, or anything that would be under the OHK rule (for instance, information overload type abilities).

Rulings:

quote:
darthgoober wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 06:37 PM:
Just a couple of questions to help me get an idea of how much work I'll need to do.

1. I'm seeing both an absolutely no power copying rule and 20 minutes worth of prep... so what's allowed and what's not? If I drafted Ironman, could I give some of his old armors to the rest of my team if we prepped in Tony's base? If I drafted Hank Pym, could he use his Pym particles to increase the size of the rest of my team? If I drafted Moondragon, could she use tp to transfer her knowledge to her teammates so that they would have telepathy too(her tp is a learned skill)?

2. What's the policies on constructs(both independant and remote)?

3. How "in character" are our teams? If I draft Doom and Reed will they cooperate fully with each other or would there be distrust to deal with? Would Captain America use his shield to decapitate a small child if I wanted him to(I know that's a messed up example, but it's the first thing that sprang to mind)?

4. Will there be any special stipulations on "instant tech"?

quote:

King Kandy wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 06:56 PM:
Power Copying: Basically, this is a "spirit of the law" case. Power Copying is anything that would let a character generate the power of a different character. I don't find the first two cases to be violations, because their power is just derived from items of the other characters. However, the third case could be a violation because the power would be created internally.

Constructs: No policy. Go ahead and make them. However, the "no multiplying" rule applies, so something like the super-adaptoid armies you did before would not work. (Even though they were created by matter manipulation, it still is against the spirit of no duplication).

PIS and CIS: Basically, you are acting through your characters power sets and knowledge base. They just do whatever you want them to do. Their personalities don't matter unless you choose them to play a role.

Instant Tech: There is no limit. However, whatever abilities the tech generates could not violate any of the existing rules (for instance, nanobots that render a character nigh-unkillable would be out).

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 10:27 PM
King Kandy

Competitors as of now:

1. Blair
2. Smurph
3. Psycho Gundam (maybe)
4. Ambient
5. Darthgoober (maybe)
6. Rader

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 10:29 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Creepy pic there, PG. Looks like a nice cast of entrants.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 11:33 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

A little bit on the short side.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 11:47 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

A little bit on the short side.
Can I judge and participate?I need a loophole

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 11:53 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

No i'm afraid that would be a definite conflict of interest. But if you wanted to switch to contestant I wouldn't mind that.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 11:58 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

No i'm afraid that would be a definite conflict of interest. But if you wanted to switch to contestant I wouldn't mind that.
Unfortunatly no.I'll definitly try this time but for now I would perfer to observe.

Any idea when this might be?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 11:59 PM
King Kandy

It's dependent on getting people enlisted... go tell your friends or something.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 12:15 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Dang, this is lame, it seems as the most obvious moment for me to get started but I certainly cannot dedicate enough time to make my part noteworthy.

How is the elimination process btw? Groups? Robin rounds? Straight elimination? Redrafts? (should I just go ahead and read the pages before?)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 02:16 AM