KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » King Kandy's Tourney: Draft 1

King Kandy's Tourney: Draft 1
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

hmmm... Thought i remembered diff... Sorry..

Did he go up against Eon with or without Q band?

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 01:34 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

without, but he had Aleta with him

on panel she says the only way to beat him would be with their combined power

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 01:35 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Thought it was just Stakar that fought Eon, i remember him resisting Eons attacks but was not sure if he had the Q band at the time.. I dont have those comics anymore so u have to forgive me for this ?.. Thanks

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 01:46 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 01:57 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

vs Eon?

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

I might not have the right fight though, as this is Era, not Eon, though Era says that he disposed of Eon long before GOTG would have begun. Let me know if there is another fight vs Eon, I'm just going through this stuff for the first time too.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 02:03 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Thanks for the scan..

I retract my claim.. lols

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 02:09 AM
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
Warkiller has been replaced by Apocalypse (Marvel).

I know he is a constant jobber, but wouldn't apoc's durability technically be above the limits? I might not be remembering correctly, but didn't he laugh off a yell from Black Bolt?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 02:09 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

A diff. fight.. It was when he resisted being turned into a child by Eon..

but i now think he had the Q band with him..

My Artwork

Last edited by Ambient on Oct 16th, 2010 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 02:14 AM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Ambient
A diff. fight.. It was when he resisted being turned into a child by Eon..

that actually happens immediatly before Starhawk is given the Q bands by Eon (technically Era). After he resists, Era says that he was only testing Starhawk, and as a reward, gives him the Q bands, which reveal to Starhawk that Quasar is his father.

Feat wise, imho, at best it is a plot device (if we ignore the on panel description of the attack as a test), though it might be a feat against mind control or possession based attacks, which are illegal in this tourney iirc

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 02:21 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Right this is why i retracted my claim regarding him.. Thanks again..

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 02:26 AM
tsilamini

smile I'm nothing if not thorough

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 02:34 AM
King Kandy

Yeah, Starhawk is not really impressing me, he was about even with Surfer w/ the quantum bands, which are some of the most broken powers in marvel. Against Era he did shit all, which is more or less what you'd expect.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 03:42 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah, Starhawk is not really impressing me

zing...

actually, any more thoughts on Vulcan or Apoc?

does the lack of appearances for Vulcan make him too hard to judge? I mean, manipulating Warlocks quantum magic should be way above the limit, no?

I wish I knew cosmics better... Warlock is higher than low hearld, ya?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 04:16 AM
King Kandy

Can anyone post scans of the Warlock incident?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 03:14 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

I got it, just give me a sec

I'll post that plus his black bolt and havock fights, so we see the upper and lower ranges...

I'll see what I can do about the gladiator/shiar guard fight as well

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 03:56 AM
darthgoober

It's ok inimalist, I got it(the Warlock thing at least)...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...r/GoG14-003.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...r/GoG14-004.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...r/GoG14-005.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...r/GoG14-006.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...r/GoG14-012.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...r/GoG14-013.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...r/GoG14-014.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...r/GoG14-015.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...r/GoG14-016.jpg

And I noticed something else while I was rounding those up. Notice how Warlock's face is a suspicios colot when he takes off? Well just a few issues later Warlock transforms into Magus. Then at some point shortly thereafter(I can't for the life of me remember when specifically) Magus reveals that when he altered the timeline he set it up so that he had actually been the Magus for weeks before he revealed himself, so Vulcan didn't just run off "Warlock"... he ran off Warlock/Magus no expression .

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 04:07 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

GotG 13

notics, Vulcan has the jump on Warlock, as you will see in the next issue, has little effect, insinuating that Vulcan's natural energy manipulation abilities don't output enough to be even close to Warlock level

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

GotG 14

Warlock says point blank how powerful Vulcan is... I don't know if he is changing into Magus there? (he refers to himself as Warlock still, when he escapes from Vulcan's guard on the page immediatly after this) If so, Vulcan even hanging around with Magus would disqualify him. If not, it is probably arguable that Warlock was caught by surprise by Vulcan's energy manip. powers, and does get a stalemate (at least), though stalemating Warlock is a damn high end feat

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 04:09 AM
King Kandy

Yeah. I don't know what to make of the whole Magus/Warlock thing, except that if it WAS Magus in charge, he obviously wasn't going all out. That said, I see nothing Vulcan is doing that wouldn't be fine... for a high herald. But yes, he does seem quite powerful there, so this bears consideration for the low-herald tier. Now i'd like to see the black-bolt scans.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 04:20 AM
tsilamini

vs black bolt

black bolt isn`t using his voice powers, when he does, he is the clear winner, but Vulcan is completely capable of holding his own, if not getting the upper hand, otherwise

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)¸

some time passes (meaning there was a legitimate KO of Vulcan, then he recovered)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by tsilamini on Oct 17th, 2010 at 04:24 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 04:22 AM
King Kandy

Vulcan was practically stomping BB there. I'm going to give the pro-Vulcan side a chance to speak, but right now, that does seem like quite persuasive evidence for his banning.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 04:27 AM