KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » HALO & Alma VS Silent Hill (again)

HALO & Alma VS Silent Hill (again)
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jinkaza1987
no problem dude... but im not sure how to answer your earlier post.

but i think otherworld cant be as hostile as alien planets which the spartan army is used to.

and i also wanted to ask something regarding silent hill, chronologically silent hill 4 is the latest right?

That info is just general knowledge for curious members. Even with the limited participants though, the only thing that may not apply as much is the second one.

There is evidence that the monsters match your ability to fight them; however, it's not the monsters, necessarily, that will trouble the Halo crew. I asked how long they can sustain life to see if they could starve to death or something. If Alessa doesn't warp the Otherworld back to the real world, they may be stuck there forever. Alessa won't "die" unless she wants to(which is a possibility). Alma probably wouldn't either, but Alessa vs Alma is an extraordinarily complex issue in my eyes. Mostly because Alessa is a little crybaby. stick out tongue

That is something I can't answer definitively. The fanbase is actually somewhat conflicted on the issue too. Some believe Silent Hill 4 occurs right after Silent Hill 2. Certain theories hold that all the games, except Origins, take place in the 17-18 year gap between Silent Hill 1 and Silent Hill 3.

General consensus, as far as I know, is that Origins is the the first and Homecoming is the last.

(May change when Downpour hits shelves.)

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 1st, 2011 at 07:07 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 07:02 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinkaza1987

Now I am more confused... origins is the first one....agreed...that’s why they call it origins... infact its title in Japan was silent hill zero... so yeah it has to be the first one, chronologically speaking that is. It is known that both origins and SH1 happened during the 80’s so if we give the events of Origins an arbitrary year of 1980 (remember 1980 is just a point of reference to keep things simple it could be any year between 1980 & 1983. Otherwise it will put SH1 in the 90’s) so this is how it goes.

1980-83 Silent Hill Origins (Alessa is 7)
1987-90 Silent Hill 1 (Alessa is 14, Heather is born)
2004-07 Silent Hill 3 (Heather is 17)
2008-08 Silent Hill Homecoming (which is a year officially given to it, makes sense doesn’t it?)

Now we all know that it’s the SH4 and SH2 whose events are chronologically debatable, but since Walter’s suicide was mentioned in a newspaper in SH2, so events of SH2 definitely occurred before SH4 and also SH3 since detective Douglas was hinted to have been working on James Sunderland’s missing. This puts SH2 anytime before 2004.

Now the only mystery remains is about SH4.
So let’s observe, Dahlia Gillespie who died in 1987 during the events of silent hill 1. But she is known for telling a 6 year old Walter Sullivan that room 302 is his mother. This means that Walter was 6 years old before 1987 to say the least.

Furthermore a note that Henry Townshend finds before jasper’s death mentions Alessa disappearing and Walter’s progress, and since alessa was presumed missing after her ritual when she was 7 years old, during Silent hill origins 1980, it implies that Walter Must have been 6 years old anytime after 1980 and before 1987 (logically at least)

This also confirms that Walter must have born somewhere between 1974 & 1981. AND since the events of SH4 took place 34 years after Walter’s birth. We can safely say that the events took place between 2008 and 2014. Interesting how the events of SH4 must have occurred after 2008 at their earliest. The same year in which the events of SH:HC started and ended. Another pointer is that the upcoming game can now conveniently be placed in 2011, possibilities like henry’s cameo or the extension of 21 sacraments. I mean this is what I think… and it makes sense unless the developers goof up the storyline or ‘REBOOT’ it like they did with SH1 in shattered memories.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 02:33 PM
Jinkaza1987 is currently offline Click here to Send Jinkaza1987 a Private Message Find more posts by Jinkaza1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

I wish I was able to comment on this, but I couldn't get into either F.E.A.R. or Silent hill, they were both WAY too scary for me lol

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 12:18 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Jinkaza1987
Snipped

I am honestly not sure how I missed this. lol

Documenting the timeline is a tiringly complex task. One basically needs all the information recorded and layed out in plain view to break it down. It's not an issue I'm supremely concerned with, so you may find my dedication to it lacking.

Walter's birthday was revealed to be 1967 if I recall correctly. That would put the events of Silent Hill 4 about 2001 instead of your 2008. I also remember Origins occuring in the early-mid 70's. I'm strictly working off memory here, so those dates could be incorrect.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 9th, 2011 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2011 04:44 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinkaza1987

well you can be right too... but how can someone be 6 years old between 1980 and 1987 and be born in 1967... and also if origins was set in mid 70's than...

1974-1976 Silent Hill Origins (Alessa is 7)
1981-1983 Silent Hill 1 (Alessa is 14, Heather is born)
1998-2000 Silent Hill 3 (Heather is 17)
2008-08 Silent Hill Homecoming (which is a year officially given to it)

it still puts silent hill 4 after silent hill 3.... but nevermind, it doesnt really matter...

Last edited by Jinkaza1987 on Feb 12th, 2011 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 07:39 AM
Jinkaza1987 is currently offline Click here to Send Jinkaza1987 a Private Message Find more posts by Jinkaza1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

When I mentioned Silent Hill 3 occuring after 4, I was just presenting a theory I heard some time ago. I don't believe it myself of course. I'm just pointing out that different theories exist out there.

Inconsistencies appear within a few games, due in part to the different developers. This is why people disagree on some stuff.

I personally see the order as Origins>1>2>3>4>Homecoming.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 05:03 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by StyleTime

I personally see the order as Origins>1>2>3>4>Homecoming.

thumb up

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 05:54 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinkaza1987

same here...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2011 08:33 AM