KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who most deserves their own movie?

Who most deserves their own movie?
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

From the DC list, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow are the only ones that would interest me (even with Hawkeye's claim on the trick archer title now, I think you could find a way to do Ollie distinctly.)

The Marvel list - all of the above. Black Panther would work best getting in a future Avengers movie, Luke Cage as part of an ensemble; Heroes For Hire or better yet, Marvel Knights. Imagine a buddy movie with him, Iron Fist, Daredevil and Punisher all doing their thing in New York and then having to come together...Brian Bendis would be giddy!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:24 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

It'd be pretty cool if they could do a side Marvel Project where they make an Iron Fist movie and a Cage movie and then they bring them together to make a Heroes for Hire movie. Like a Small Avengers wave to run concurrently with Avengers. That would take things a step further in their movie Continuity.

-_-

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:27 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

I deserve my own movie

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:27 PM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

If your goal is "summer blockbuster" then the only answer is Nova. Epic military cosmic sci fi action = no brainer.

Last edited by dmills on May 8th, 2012 at 04:21 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2012 04:15 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
no offence but that sounds a little too cliche for it to work.

how about starting out in the middle of a conflict between Strange and Aggamatto, then flashing back to various bits and pieces, to explain how events got there... Strange's accident being tied in somehow (say Aggamatto did it to divert Strange onto his present course).

End up with Strange being given the Eye and the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme, but just as he basks in the glory of his exalted position, we find that some sinister force is actually taking possession of his soul... ended like Twin Peaks!

Wasn't mine the origin though.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post May 8th, 2012 04:25 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by dmills
If your goal is "summer blockbuster" then the only answer is Nova. Epic military cosmic sci fi action = no brainer.

If they make a Nova movie, my advice would be the study the Green Lantern movie...and don't repeat the many errors seen. wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 8th, 2012 04:27 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

Re: Who most deserves their own movie?

DC:
Wonder Woman - hot amazon princes in a skimpy costume with some crazy ass back story, hell yes!
Aquaman - dude who swims around and talks to fish - NAH!!
Flash - guy who runs really fast with a not so interesting back story - NAH!
Dr. Fate - dude he wears a silly helmet - NAH!
Green Arrow - hawkeye doesn't deserve his own movie, neither does this guy.

Marvel:
Namor - see aquaman
Black Panther - hellz no!
Luke Cage - again, NO!!
Dr. Strange - um...nope, see dr. fate
Nova - hmmm... nah! not interesting enough.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 04:41 PM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Re: Re: Who most deserves their own movie?

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Dr. Fate - dude he wears a silly helmet - NAH!

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post May 8th, 2012 04:43 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Nova, and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Have Thanos kill them all, setting him up as a legit threat for the Avengers in the minds of the General moving going audience. cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 8th, 2012 04:47 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by roughrider
If they make a Nova movie, my advice would be the study the Green Lantern movie...and don't repeat the many errors seen. wink

GL failed imo because they broke space opera rule #4. Never try to build the universe up during the story. The universe has to already have been established with a conflict already in place. The viewer is then invited into a seemingly already rich and lush story-verse. They tried to mix super hero origin story with space opera. Oil and water.

My thing would be to stay away from origin stuff altogether or touch upon it in a way that doesn't confound the plot. Jump right into it kinda like Nova's Annihilation prologue. Set up the main players, and then get to it.

Last edited by dmills on May 8th, 2012 at 05:06 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:00 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godking

A Nova movie could very easily bomb.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:03 PM
godking is currently offline Click here to Send godking a Private Message Find more posts by godking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Re: Who most deserves their own movie?

Originally posted by byrdgang21
Of the characters listed, who would you most want to see on the big screen?

DC:
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Flash
Dr. Fate
Green Arrow

Marvel:
Namor
Black Panther
Luke Cage
Dr. Strange
Nova

Please Discuss
the foreigner

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:11 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Nova, and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Have Thanos kill the Avengers, setting him up as a legit threat for the Guardians in the minds of the General moving going audience. cool

Fixed wink

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 8th, 2012 06:40 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

GL failed imo because they broke space opera rule #4. Never try to build the universe up during the story. The universe has to already have been established with a conflict already in place. The viewer is then invited into a seemingly already rich and lush story-verse. They tried to mix super hero origin story with space opera. Oil and water.

My thing would be to stay away from origin stuff altogether or touch upon it in a way that doesn't confound the plot. Jump right into it kinda like Nova's Annihilation prologue. Set up the main players, and then get to it.

Green Lantern failed because it felt like it was directed by eight different people and then mashed together with no tact in the editing room. It is mind boggling how one person could direct such a disjointed mess with no sense of unity.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 8th, 2012 06:54 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by godking
A Nova movie could very easily bomb.

Any of these movies could easily bomb. I'm talking about which of the aforementioned would most likely succeed conceptually.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 12:40 AM
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Green Lantern failed because it felt like it was directed by eight different people and then mashed together with no tact in the editing room. It is mind boggling how one person could direct such a disjointed mess with no sense of unity.
Geoff Johns was a part of it. just sayin wink

Old Post May 9th, 2012 12:46 AM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Bentley
Fixed wink

laughing out loud

Old Post May 9th, 2012 01:47 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Wonder Woman
Aquaman.

Both characters live in places that would be visually stunning in live action, probably even more so than how Asgard looked in Thor.

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Black Panther, because he's already an Avenger and could tie-in to the shared universe, and also because of the success/quality of the Blade films (well, the first two) and Panther being a similar character (semi-obscure to the general public, martial arts action).

I like the idea of a Heroes for Hire film with Iron Fist and Luke Cage also.
thumb up

Old Post May 9th, 2012 02:00 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

A Green Lantern movie that makes sense.

Nova Prime.

I like space opera's, so my pick goes to those two franchises if they stick more to the space aspect of the story and shift to earth only at the end (setting GL as the space cop for DC earth and being a part of the JLA for example).

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post May 9th, 2012 02:02 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
random letters

They would likely have to make major changes to the Annihilation story such as changing the battlefield to Earth in order to make people other than comic geeks care.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 02:37 AM
random letters is currently offline Click here to Send random letters a Private Message Find more posts by random letters Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote