KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor/Hercules vs Superman/Orion (skill challenge)

Thor/Hercules vs Superman/Orion (skill challenge)
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

when ever a thread about skills is made i find it kinda funny the answers people give.

for some reason people think skills = MA knowledge, the more MA you know the better fighter you are which is so wrong.
as a martial artis i can say that when someone who practice martial arts seriously and then get involved in a street fight, the best asset of the fighter is not the moves he learned but the reflex, speed, durability and striking power he achieved thruought the training.

i have seen a boxing match where russian team fought cuban team, when they were fighting they did everything a boxer does, lean to the sides, uppercut, jab, cross and whats not.
however when the fight ended and the results were given, both fighters really didnt like the results and guess what happened? they started to fight for real in the middle of the ring.
now funnies thing is suddenly they didnt use boxing moves and all the techniques, they tried to graple and take each other down, their teams got involved and guess what? they all fought like your averege street fighter with 90% of the time trying to take down and windmill punches.

my whole point is that in a fight the more importent thing is the stats, seeing how everybody are as fast, strong, durable atc atc atc as captain america their MA knowledge wont change too much, orion being skilled at stand up, hercules being skilled at wrestling, superman and thor being very good brawlers... i seriously think team herc will take it due to his wrestling he will just choke the others out IMO.
but seriously its much more even then people are thinking.
this is my personal opinion based on my experience in the world of fighting , if you think otherwise its great smile

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 03:09 PM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

^You aren't wrong but you aren't right either. Don't forget that in comics, MA are like a superpower, sometimes they are a superpower. So when considering who wins, you always have to consider the world of comics.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 03:19 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ so basically each team has a high level brawler (superman and thor), which are in my opinion kind of even in that aspect, seeing as well how they have the same exact stats? Lol they will punch each other for a veryyyyy long time.
orion vs hercules? i give it to herc based on superior ground skills and wrestling which is in most cases the determining factor, after herc takes orion out by choking him out like he did to thor, you get the end of the picture.

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 03:28 PM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red sabre
^ so basically each team has a high level brawler (superman and thor), which are in my opinion kind of even in that aspect, seeing as well how they have the same exact stats? Lol they will punch each other for a veryyyyy long time.
orion vs hercules? i give it to herc based on superior ground skills and wrestling which is in most cases the determining factor, after herc takes orion out by choking him out like he did to thor, you get the end of the picture.

Superman knows pressure points though. That alone would probably give him the nod over Thor.
Hercules is definitely the one to beat. With him I can see why some think team 1 wins. I'm leaning towards team 2 or at worst a split mainly because of Superman's pressure point ability and Hercules wrestling ability.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 05:04 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

eek! what's with you and pressure points lately

They are used used at plot devices, not to mention superman uses his X ray vision to accomplish them

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 05:39 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by pym-ftw
eek! what's with you and pressure points lately

They are used used at plot devices, not to mention superman uses his X ray vision to accomplish them
Because they are a factor in arguing fighting skill. They are one shot cheap tricks.

Superman has applied pressure points without his x ray vision. And If Superman did ever apply x ray vision then he now knows where they are (he doesn't need to use x ray vision anymore).

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 06:05 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Superman ever land a pressure point without his x ray vision and superspeed?

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 06:31 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

He landed them on Ultraman, whose speed is equal to his own.

So that's technically not using a speed advantage because he didn't have one.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 06:33 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Originally posted by CosmicComet
He landed them on Ultraman, whose speed is equal to his own.

So that's technically not using a speed advantage because he didn't have one.

He still hit Ultraman a ton of times before Ultraman reacted tho.

And it's not like pressure points are that much better... Superman could've just bashed in Ultraman's adam's apple or gouged out his eyes. It's only the best non-lethal way of dispatching people in comics.

Superman might have taken like 5 or 10 hits to completely disable Ultraman. He could've killed him in 2 if he wanted.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 07:01 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Superman ever land a pressure point without his x ray vision and superspeed?

He doesn't uses X-ray vision for pressure-point attacks. How does using superspeed cancel out his knoweldge? Also he did just fine against batman.
Originally posted by curryman
He still hit Ultraman a ton of times before Ultraman reacted tho.

And it's not like pressure points are that much better... Superman could've just bashed in Ultraman's adam's apple or gouged out his eyes. It's only the best non-lethal way of dispatching people in comics.

Superman might have taken like 5 or 10 hits to completely disable Ultraman. He could've killed him in 2 if he wanted.

No, he didn't. He just used a tornado to dis-orient ultraman and then used pressure points to lock his muscles.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 02:10 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote