KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » 30 Silver Backs vs Batman

30 Silver Backs vs Batman
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
curryman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, him taking hits from Mongul is PIS.

Why?

If he was naked, sure.

I'd much rather attribute it to his suit, which has tanked hits from sooooooooooo many super-strong opponents rather than just scream PIS.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:16 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by curryman
Why?

If he was naked, sure.

I'd much rather attribute it to his suit, which has tanked hits from sooooooooooo many super-strong opponents rather than just scream PIS.

Because his suit, while it affords him protection, still enables him to be hurt by street level thugs provided they can hit him. Someone in Mongul's strength class should splatter him barring special designed suits of armor.

Stopping bullets (to a point) or knives is one thing. "Tanking" class 100+ blows is something else.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:31 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Yes, but i am thinking on the jungle scenario. Hidding, stalking all those things he does.

To be honest if he takes on more than one at the same time he is in deep trouble., he may pull a double kill.

But i am thinking that batman will try to get out of that and pick one by one.

If he takes on the 30 he dies. Maybe the op should state if is a requisite that he must to take on the 30 at the same time or if batman is allowed to hunt and pick one by one.

The only reason im thinking he has a chance is because of the jungle scenario that might give him the chance to stalk, hide, attack, kill and repeat 30 times, not because I think he will be able to bat kick the 30 of them into oblivion.

All Bats is going to being saying is "Oh my God Dick, Jason, someone... Please help me aieee!".

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:34 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Because his suit, while it affords him protection, still enables him to be hurt by street level thugs provided they can hit him. Someone in Mongul's strength class should splatter him barring special designed suits of armor.

Stopping bullets (to a point) or knives is one thing. "Tanking" class 100+ blows is something else.

He's done it time and time again.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:37 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by curryman
He's done it time and time again.

Consistent PIS is still PIS.

Considering someone like Mongul has the necessary strength to perform things such as shatter mountains and the like and consistent gunfire will penetrate Batman's suit (to say nothing of the kinetic force of merely being shot at will and does cause him physical pain, regardless of whether or not the bullet penetrates the armor), there's no other explanation outside of shoddy writing.

Last edited by JakeTheBank on Apr 12th, 2013 at 07:41 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:38 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Stoic
All Bats is going to being saying is "Oh my God Dick, Jason, someone... Please help me aieee!".

Lol, yes I can see that happening too.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:39 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

You should know since you're a Thor fan

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:45 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Batman. Easily.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:49 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Bentley
You should know since you're a Thor fan

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:50 AM
curryman

Considering someone like Mongul has the necessary strength to perform things such as shatter mountains and the like and consistent gunfire will penetrate Batman's suit (to say nothing of the kinetic force of merely being shot at will and does cause him physical pain, regardless of whether or not the bullet penetrates the armor), there's no other explanation outside of shoddy writing.

I'm talking about one hit from Mongul tho, surviving one hit. Not like standing up and shit.

And I think that he should be able to handle several 10-20 ton hits, hmmm.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:55 AM

no thread will ever come close to the glory that is http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=24

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:02 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Stoic
Cmon man, Do you know what one Silverback could to a house?

Apart from the exaggerated myths propagated on the internet, I'd indeed like to know.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:08 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

You can't just throw out all of his feats because you don't like them.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:10 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Perceiver1

Originally posted by 753
no thread will ever come close to the glory that is http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=24

I think Batman may have some animal knowledge that may help him. Aside from that, I don't like his chances at all. The terrain is not going to help him, it's going to help the gorillas, it's their backyard. They are also faster and can climb trees better than he can.

Last edited by Perceiver1 on Apr 12th, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:16 AM
Perceiver1 is currently offline Click here to Send Perceiver1 a Private Message Find more posts by Perceiver1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

yes, they'll eat him alive, but a better question is: could wolverine eat 8 million bears?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:18 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Perceiver1

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Apart from the exaggerated myths propagated on the internet, I'd indeed like to know.

Gorillas are extremely powerful by human standards, but some people here seem to be exaggerating.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:19 AM
Perceiver1 is currently offline Click here to Send Perceiver1 a Private Message Find more posts by Perceiver1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

According to comic displayed feats Id say Batman might even be stronger than a Gorilla. Human heroes are superhuman in comics.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 02:18 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by namorsubby
According to comic displayed feats Id say Batman might even be stronger than a Gorilla. Human heroes are superhuman in comics.

I've never seen a gorilla kick a tree in half and walk off like nothing happened....

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 03:07 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
thumb up

Not even remotely close to the same thing.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 05:42 PM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Batman is very smart and all, very is an understatement really but, he's just peak human for his size and build, silverback gorillas are 6 times stronger than the average human if I'm not mistaken so really they're at LEAST 2 times stronger than bruce, an probly a lot faster, batmans with no 'weapons' if that means no gadgets and a standard suit, I think batmans gonna get ripped apart + if he had his gadgets he could probly win this one, otherwise its over for him

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 05:52 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote