KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor vs 50 Megalodons (Prehistoric Shark)

Namor vs 50 Megalodons (Prehistoric Shark)
Started by: Sundipped

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

Namor makes them extinct again

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 12:50 AM
comicfan11 is currently offline Click here to Send comicfan11 a Private Message Find more posts by comicfan11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
well, he's bullet proof (even large calibre). we've seen logan stab him pretty deeply, but once he was in the water, the piercing was either healed or completely able to be disregarded. i'm sure if one latched on to him they could do some damage, but with his overwhelming speed advantage, i don't see how they catch him. he could EASILY grab one and literally use it to batter the others to death he's that strong underwater. a shockwave underwater would scatter and seriously disorient them (and maybe ko a few), an underwater tornado would take a bunch, if not all out......

namor's a beast in his element.

Well after looking up some feats I'm afraid you're right.
I knew the strength was there but I wasn't sure about the speed. I was going to have some come up from underneath and make the quarters closer but it may still be to no avail even though I believe the sharks could manage a few bites under those conditions.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t400428.html

The numbers are different, but the threads are pretty much the same.

Except his sharks are featherweight at 15 tons. thumb down
If I got a dollar for every duplicate or similar thread I've seen on this forum throughout the years, I could buy KMC.

Originally posted by SamZED
And now imagine 3 thousand of those but all broken to pieces. Because that's what's gonna happen once they try to take a bite off Namor. cool

I'm still not sold on him totally resisting teeth that would be much sharper than in that pic and the jaw pressure behind it.

Last edited by Sundipped on Apr 16th, 2013 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 04:33 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Sundipped
Except his sharks are featherweight at 15 tons. thumb down
If I got a dollar for every duplicate or similar thread I've seen on this forum throughout the years, I could buy KMC.

He merely got the wrong estimates. He probably didn't do the full research on those sharks them.

On that same note, your own weights are underrating the prehistoric shark, as a 50 ft megalodon is estimated to be around 45+ metric tons.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 04:41 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

^
I guess different sources have different estimates.
We'll go with the 45+ metric tons. The more weight the better.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 04:56 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

I think you are underestimating Namor very badly.
In water the dude is at least class 100 strength. Which I'm sure is more than enough power to kill a shark in one hit (megalodon or not)
And he would have a ridiculous speed advantage.
He was shown to go 345 mph underwater... I guarantee no shark seems that fast.
He has tanked Cyclops unvisored blast.
Underwater he was shown to be stronger then Hercules.
Tbh, he could probably just swim fast enough to swim straight through them.

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Last edited by DragonRider19 on Apr 16th, 2013 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 06:40 PM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by armedforbattle
I think you are underestimating Namor very badly.
In water the dude is at least class 100 strength. Which I'm sure is more than enough power to kill a shark in one hit (megalodon or not)
And he would have a ridiculous speed advantage.
He was shown to go 345 mph underwater... I guarantee no shark seems that fast.
He has tanked Cyclops unvisored blast.
Underwater he was shown to be stronger then Hercules.
Tbh, he could probably just swim fast enough to swim straight through them.

Do you read the previous posts?

Originally posted by Sundipped
Well after looking up some feats I'm afraid you're right.
I knew the strength was there but I wasn't sure about the speed.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 07:17 PM
h1a8

I'm going to say that the Sharks either get Namor in the end or Namor is severely injured in the end (assuming Average Namor).

High end Namor smokes them though.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 08:37 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Namor will have new body suites!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 09:13 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Average Namor would get ate.
High end Namor wins.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 05:14 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by h1a8
Average Namor would get ate.
High end Namor wins.

So basically Namor stomps. Namor doesn't have to be high end to win this. High end Namor is on the same level of strength as the Elites (Has slugged it out with Thor, Hulk, Blue Marvel etc.), has planetary level strength, can swim faster than the Quinjet, has electric powers etc.

High end Namor is overkill. Average out Namor's showings and he still wrecks them.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 17th, 2013 at 05:41 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 05:36 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So basically Namor stomps. Namor doesn't have to be high end to win this. High end Namor is on the same level of strength as the Elites (Has slugged it out with Thor, Hulk, Blue Marvel etc.), has planetary level strength, can swim faster than the Quinjet, has electric powers etc.

High end Namor is overkill. Average out Namor's showings and he still wrecks them.
Namor is only NEAR the same level has Thor, Savage Hulk, etc. when they are not at high end levels but much lower levels. Do you understand? Average Namor in my opinion operates at about 100-500 tons of strength. Average Savage Hulk around the same if not a little more. Classic Thor around the same too.

Namor at best has shown about 50,000-100,000 tons of strength. This is hardly planetary. Thor doesn't even have planetary strength on average (not even at his highest).

You overestimate these guys (Hulk, Thor, etc.) Those sharks would bite the hell out of them too (average levels). These sharks have razor sharp teeth that's harder than steel with insane jaw pressure. They can bite through steel like it aint shit. Hulk, Thor, etc. on average has and can be cut by sharp fairly durable weapons.

Stop taking a character's highest showing as a measuring stick to someone else. Otherwise I can say Colossus has planetary strength since he went toe to toe with Gladiator, Hulk, etc.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 08:00 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Wtf?

Average Thor and Hulk would obliterate those sharks. Namor would probably fare better due to his underwater maneuverability. He'd probably allow himself to be eaten, punch through one shark's body and watch as they went nuts.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 08:09 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by h1a8
Namor is only NEAR the same level has Thor, Savage Hulk, etc. when they are not at high end levels but much lower levels. Do you understand? Average Namor in my opinion operates at about 100-500 tons of strength. Average Savage Hulk around the same if not a little more. Classic Thor around the same too.

Namor at best has shown about 50,000-100,000 tons of strength. This is hardly planetary. Thor doesn't even have planetary strength on average (not even at his highest).

You overestimate these guys (Hulk, Thor, etc.) Those sharks would bite the hell out of them too (average levels). These sharks have razor sharp teeth that's harder than steel with insane jaw pressure. They can bite through steel like it aint shit. Hulk, Thor, etc. on average has and can be cut by sharp fairly durable weapons.

Stop taking a character's highest showing as a measuring stick to someone else. Otherwise I can say Colossus has planetary strength since he went toe to toe with Gladiator, Hulk, etc.

Yes I understand, you have no idea what you're talking about. Average Hulk, Thor and Namor are around 500 tons. What exactly are you basing this on?

How on earth can you even begin to make up an average number that specific when you know absolutely shit about these characters you troll?

Also, your preconceived notions are getting out of hand, I have no idea why this shit is tolerated on the boards. How can you compare Colossus trading punches with Gladiator for a few panels (Before Bryne even established him as an Elite Superman clone) to the dozens of times Namor has gone toe to toe with Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Sentry etc. (Pretty much every notable strong-man) and looked competitive if not straight up equal. He's even tussled briefly with Blue Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, Surfer and did well apparently.

Namor's record speaks for itself without me having to justify shit with cheese feats but here his fight with the Behemoth is felt planet wide:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/...stonish080a.jpg

The rest is just gibberish born out of ignorance. If you think these sharks would give Thor and the Hulk trouble outside of some of their lowest lows, you are straight up wacky.

Also, not too long ago Namor was supporting Utopia. Lol at him topping out at 100,000 tons. Where do you even come up with these numbers?

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 17th, 2013 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 08:55 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

What's really insulting is watching him enter a Darkseid or Doomsday thread (DC characters who have pretty much no pure lifting feats) and use the complete opposite logic.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 08:59 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Wtf?

Average Thor and Hulk would obliterate those sharks. Namor would probably fare better due to his underwater maneuverability. He'd probably allow himself to be eaten, punch through one shark's body and watch as they went nuts.

No they wouldn't. Both Hulk and Thor are susceptible to their bites. True that Namor has a much better chance than Thor or Hulk because of his maneuverability. Hulk has a better chance than Thor because of his HF. I would say Hulk wins, Thor losses and Namor losses.

And lol at thinking the sharks just swallow when they eat. They phucking chew dude.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 09:00 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm not even going to justify Thor losing with a response.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 09:08 PM
h1a8

Yes I understand, you have no idea what you're talking about. Average Hulk, Thor and Namor are around 500 tons. What exactly are you basing this on?

How on earth can you even begin to make up an average number that specific when you know absolutely shit about these characters you troll?

Also, your preconceived notions are getting out of hand, I have no idea why this shit is tolerated on the boards. How can you compare Colossus trading punches with Gladiator for a few panels (Before Bryne even established him as an Elite Superman clone) to the dozens of times Namor has gone toe to toe with Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Sentry etc. (Pretty much every notable strong-man) and looked competitive if not straight up equal. He's even tussled briefly with Blue Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, Surfer and did well apparently.

Namor's record speaks for itself without me having to justify shit with cheese feats but here his fight with the Behemoth is felt planet wide:
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/...stonish080a.jpg

The rest is just gibberish born out of ignorance. If you think these sharks would give Thor and the Hulk trouble outside of some of their lowest lows, you are straight up wacky.

Also, not too long ago Namor was supporting Utopia. Lol at him topping out at 100,000 tons. Where do you even come up with these numbers?

If you read my quote you would see that I said, "In my opinion". Thus it could be tolerated. I didn't actually make a claim in that remark. I judge this based off the fights and estimate at what strength level certain beings are operating at. I also base my opinion off feats and writer's opinions (when feats aren't shown).
I disagree that going toe to toe with someone means that you are as strong as them (especially when they are operating at their highest).

Namor only went toe to toe with Hulk, Thor, Hercules a handful of times (not dozens) and even then he was outmatched almost every time. Many strong characters in comics are shown to go toe to toe with other strong characters. Thing and Colossus have their showings against stronger opponents, even shown to be winning sometimes. I don't care, Colossus against Glads is canon and it happened. Doesn't mean that Colossus is at Glads level strength wise though.

Show me Namor supporting Utopia.
As far as the planet wide feat then I up my estimate from 100,000 tons to probably in the billions as Namor's greatest strength feat.

But again, why argue against things that are not the main point? The main point is Namor on average is about a few hundred tonner, same as Savage Hulk and Thor. Again this is my opinion.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 09:13 PM
h1a8

I'm not even going to justify Thor losing with a response.

You are derailing the argument.

Can Thor or Namor survive being chewed by one of these sharks?
If yes then debate it. Stop derailing.

Note: I'm talking about Thor with no hammer or magic but just physicality.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 09:15 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Don't be ragin' rage.

h1's calculations are supreme.

(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 09:15 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Don't be ragin' rage.

h1's calculations are supreme.

(please log in to view the image)
That's right. You can't argue with math. It's illogical.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2013 09:17 PM