KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Godblast Vs Omega Beam

Godblast Vs Omega Beam
Started by: LeonBuco666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
That godblast against Exitar was arguably amped by belt of strength as mjolnir has never shattered channeling godblast. Oh and that godblast against Galactus/Scrier/Other was amped too, not that it did anything against them.

The godblast wasn't amped, Mjolnir's durability was amped. Thor even says so in that comic. It was a shared blast I agree, but it broke Oblivion's spell upon them. Oblivion hinted that he had played the 3 Abstracts for puppets at the end of the comic, so that's a stupendous feat for the GB, shared feat or not.
Originally posted by Endless Mike
The Crisis didn't affect the Fourth World...

I was talking specifically about its feats from the post-crisis era, not whether the Crisis affected the New Gods universe or not.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:05 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by psycho gundam
actually, the belt was used to brace the hammer from the energies. that was the most powerful godblast on-panel by several magnitudes

That's why I said arguably. Thor was touching the belt, right?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:06 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

That godblast against Exitar was arguably amped by belt of strength as mjolnir has never shattered channeling godblast. Oh and that godblast against Galactus/Scrier/Other was amped too, not that it did anything against them.

Actually the God Blast was not amped, it was the hammer which was reinforced. And yes, the hammer has never shattered on another occasion, which is why it's considered to be far and away the most powerful God Blast seen so far.

Which makes sense, the blast was so intense it actually stunned Exitar and broke his internal dome casting which was more durable then his outside armor. And this was when Celestials were at the height of their power.

I think Godkiller meant that the God Blast shook the three free from Oblivion's negative influence.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:06 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Thor clearly stated that he tied it up in the belt of strength to reinforce it against the massive energies produced from the GB. There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that the blast itself was amped in any form at all.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:07 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Pretty sure that the belt was wrapped around the head of Mjolnir and Thor had both his hands on the handle of the hammer.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:10 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I think Godkiller meant that the God Blast shook the three free from Oblivion's negative influence.

More or less that. Considering Oblivion's place in the cosmic hierarchy, how the Chaos King turned out to be a mere infinitesimal aspect of him, and how Oblivion embodies the very concept behind the Ultimate Nullifier's offensive capabilities, I'd say it's a big feat.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:10 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The godblast wasn't amped, Mjolnir's durability was amped. Thor even says so in that comic. It was a shared blast I agree, but it broke Oblivion's spell upon them. Oblivion hinted that he had played the 3 Abstracts for puppets at the end of the comic, so that's a stupendous feat for the GB, shared feat or not.

I was talking specifically about its feats from the post-crisis era, not whether the Crisis affected the New Gods universe or not.

How does that even works? BOS amps thor, not an inanimate object like mjolnir.

It was a shared feat and it didn't do much than catching their attention since someone was attacking them. Was it ever explained that it broke any spell over them?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:13 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

What kind of silly question is that? How do you expect anyone to even answer that with a straight face? The writer most likely has no idea how the belt of strength works, much less us.

Mjolnir was reinforced by the belt of strength. Trying to get into anymore in-depth analysis will just end up people yelling magic at you.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:17 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

It was a shared feat and it didn't do much than catching their attention since someone was attacking them. Was it ever explained that it broke any spell over them?

Ask DeFalco how that works. Although my money would be on the fact that since it augments Thor's physical strength when it's wielded by him, it was hence reasoned by Thor that it would similarly strengthen Mjolnir as well.

Look over what the phrase "under someone's spell" means. I am talking about Oblivion's manipulation of the Abstracts when I use the term spell. Why would any explanation be given, when we are shown that the 3 of them are no longer acting buck crazy after being hit by the GB, and Oblivion himself tells us that is expectation of the fight to continue doesn't happen?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:23 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Actually the God Blast was not amped, it was the hammer which was reinforced. And yes, the hammer has never shattered on another occasion, which is why it's considered to be far and away the most powerful God Blast seen so far.

Which makes sense, the blast was so intense it actually stunned Exitar and broke his internal dome casting which was more durable then his outside armor. And this was when Celestials were at the height of their power.

Can I see the scan since its not in either your or ODG's respect thread that only mjolnir was reinforced?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:30 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Can I see the scan since its not in either your or ODG's respect thread that only mjolnir was reinforced?

I'm at work right now (Yes, I'm that bored), I'll post the scans when I get home. I can guarantee you that Thor said he was reinforcing Mjolnir however.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:33 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What kind of silly question is that? How do you expect anyone to even answer that with a straight face? The writer most likely has no idea how the belt of strength works, much less us.

Mjolnir was reinforced by the belt of strength. Trying to get into anymore in-depth analysis will just end up people yelling magic at you.

Considering it was DeFalco, I doubt that he doesn't know how BOS works.
Ask DeFalco how that works. Although my money would be on the fact that since it augments Thor's physical strength when it's wielded by him, it was hence reasoned by Thor that it would similarly strengthen Mjolnir as well.

Look over what the phrase "under someone's spell" means. I am talking about Oblivion's manipulation of the Abstracts when I use the term spell. Why would any explanation be given, when we are shown that the 3 of them are no longer acting buck crazy after being hit by the GB, and Oblivion himself tells us that is expectation of the fight to continue doesn't happen?

Ok.

Oblivion didn't have them under control anywhere. He was manipulating the fight from behind the scenes.

Because there was no indication that the abstracts were in his control to begin with? Manipulation=/=controlling. Also I find it hilarious that Scrier was an abstract without any explanation when before he was somewhere in Thanos class going by SS v3.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:36 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I'm at work right now (Yes, I'm that bored), I'll post the scans when I get home. I can guarantee you that Thor said he was reinforcing Mjolnir however.

I don't doubt you.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:37 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Everyone knows how the belt of strength works on Thor, it doubles his strength. But you asked an explaniation as to how it would reinforce the hammer, that's a dumb question tbh. It's magic, that's the best answer you'll get.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:37 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Oblivion didn't have them under control anywhere. He was manipulating the fight from behind the scenes.

Because there was no indication that the abstracts were in his control to begin with? Manipulation=/=controlling. Also I find it hilarious that Scrier was an abstract without any explanation when before he was somewhere in Thanos class going by SS v3.

Oblivion broke 4th wall and teased the reader in the end that it was him who had been pulling the strings all along.

What? Scrier has been able to crush Mephisto outside his realm. That easily puts him beyond Thanos-level.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:53 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

It's available on the respect thread. If abhi has doubts about the validity of our claims, he can verify it himself by checking out the respect thread. Especially considering that this particular idea of the GB being amped when it stunned Exitar has been debunked to death in previous arguments as well.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 06:55 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Oblivion broke 4th wall and teased the reader in the end that it was him who had been pulling the strings all along.

What? Scrier has been able to crush Mephisto outside his realm. That easily puts him beyond Thanos-level.

Pulling strings=/=controlling someone's mind.

That was a dead mephisto who was a shadow of his prime and Scrier took him by surprise.
It's available on the respect thread. If abhi has doubts about the validity of our claims, he can verify it himself by checking out the respect thread. Especially considering that this particular idea of the GB being amped when it stunned Exitar has been debunked to death in previous arguments as well.

No its not. I checked it. If you found the scan, please post it.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 07:20 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Pulling strings=/=controlling someone's mind.

That was a dead mephisto who was a shadow of his prime and Scrier took him by surprise.

No its not. I checked it. If you found the scan, please post it.

He had them under some kind of cosmic mind control spell. Or do you think that the 3 Abstracts just randomly went crazy and started destroying the multiverse?

Mephisto wasn't on his deathbed. He straight up crushed the devil. His most recent portrayal solidified his place as a peer of Galactus-level abstracts in the cosmic hierarchy. Trying to dispute such a basic fact is pointless.

What? It's present on literally the very first page of the thread:

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 07:32 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He had them under some kind of cosmic mind control spell. Or do you think that the 3 Abstracts just randomly went crazy and started destroying the multiverse?

Mephisto wasn't on his deathbed. He straight up crushed the devil. His most recent portrayal solidified his place as a peer of Galactus-level abstracts in the cosmic hierarchy. Trying to dispute such a basic fact is pointless.

What? It's present on literally the very first page of the thread:

Not without any kind of proof though.

I'm not dismissing Scrier's recent feats. I'm just amused how Scrier went from needing to add his power to Agatha Harkness to take down a dead mephisto from behind to destroying multiverse and shit.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

That's a big leap for a z list character.

Thanks for the scans. Going by that feat, mjolnir can't contain godblast from an exhausted Thor? That contradicts every other godblast showing. Meh.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 07:57 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Agatha is hardcore

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 08:19 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote