KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman vs Captain America : Damage Soak

Spiderman vs Captain America : Damage Soak
Started by: maxivitopowe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What is it with you and Cap hate? You're a nazi? stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 05:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

laughing out loud

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 06:42 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Is durability a part of damage soak? Or as I who can bleed longer and not die?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 06:59 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The latter.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 07:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by namorsubby
You should be banned for that amount of ignorance. Captain America has substantial armor and he still isn't as durable.

you should be banned for a psychopathic hatered towards a comic book character.
and for not knowing the difference between durability and damage soak...

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 08:54 PM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

I'm certain that Cap has better damage soak.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 09:38 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by SamZED
Is durability a part of damage soak? Or as I who can bleed longer and not die?

Both.

So if I cause X amount of damage, who can take more of my punches and still ask for more.

It would be a function of HF, durability, AND heart force.

The Punisher, for example, has no HF, human level durability....but insane amounts of heart force.

The Thing has no HF, extremely high durability and heart force.

Wolverine has an extreme HF, human level durability (ignoring his bones) and some heart force.

Deadpool has an extreme HF, human durability and low heart force.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 09:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Didn't Spidet get bumrushed there?

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 10:41 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VeganDiet

Yes. Minutes after fighting Iron Man for a bit. And being shot up a few times. And falling out of an extremely high building, IIRC.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 10:44 PM
VeganDiet is currently offline Click here to Send VeganDiet a Private Message Find more posts by VeganDiet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Would it matter?

If Colossus, amped with 1/5 of one of the universe's fundamental forces, and with the blessing of an Elder God of destruction, punches you....whether you're expecting it or not doesn't affect your durability.....

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 10:46 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VeganDiet

I thought he was referring to the Civil War instance that was posted earlier…

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2014 10:53 PM
VeganDiet is currently offline Click here to Send VeganDiet a Private Message Find more posts by VeganDiet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Yeah I was

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 12:01 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

So the Cap vs IM scenario played out differently to the Cap vs Spidey scenario

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 12:02 AM
VeganDiet

So the Cap vs IM scenario played out differently to the Cap vs Spidey scenario

Yeah. Spider-man didn't take many hits from Iron Man(He was only tackled through a wall by him, I believe), but he did get shot, take a fall out of an extremely large building, hit by one large explosion, and two smaller ones, and got drugged by Jack o Lantern.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 12:14 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Cap got blindsided by both Parker (using Steve's shield) and Tony, took numerous hits from the latter (plus sonics) and was still not done.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 12:17 AM
VeganDiet

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cap got blindsided by both Parker (using Steve's shield) and Tony, took numerous hits from the latter (plus sonics) and was still not done.
He looked pretty done to me when he was being carried off the field of battle by Falcon. Granted, Cap also took some damage from that explosion Hercules caused.
I'd say the damage they took was fairly close to equal, and they both had to be carried off the battlefield by another hero.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 01:11 AM
namorsubby

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What is it with you and Cap hate? You're a nazi? stick out tongue
I may be a bit anti government, but he's actually one of my favorite characters. And it breaks my heart that I must play devil's advocate just to keep things fair in many of his kmc match ups.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 02:46 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

he's actually one of my favorite characters. .

Lol yeah right give me a break. you remind me of those racist rats who always go like "dont get me wrong i got a lot of black friends" and then say some racist shit to come along with that. you go up against cap in every single thread about him. hell you were claiming batmans has stats on par with the guy roll eyes (sarcastic)

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 09:21 AM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I may be a bit anti government, but he's actually one of my favorite characters. And it breaks my heart that I must play devil's advocate just to keep things fair in many of his kmc match ups.

I call BS, but feel free to prove me wrong by posting links to threads where you've defended Cap or where you talked about what you liked about him.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 09:27 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by VeganDiet
He looked pretty done to me when he was being carried off the field of battle by Falcon. Granted, Cap also took some damage from that explosion Hercules caused.
I'd say the damage they took was fairly close to equal, and they both had to be carried off the battlefield by another hero.

Then of course, there's this:

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2014 09:53 AM