KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Just how powerful was Ajunta Pall?

Just how powerful was Ajunta Pall?
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean Plageuis?

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
No.

The guy who wrote Revan was the same guy who created the character to begin with. Doling out bits and pieces is fine, but some characters never ever ever need their own central story.

Contrary to popular belief, I think giving Palpatine his own book was a bad idea in the long run.

But Drew K wasn't the sole creator and contributor of Revan. Much of his hype also came from Obsidian's KotOR II, which, if they had instead helped make the novel, would have been morally grey if not badass.

And I've said this often: Drew's ME stuff is really good. It seems to me that he didn't care for KotOR II's development and chose to retcon a great deal. Sad thing is, he succeeded.

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, he simply didn't care enough to research it properly. Remember that he actually forgot one to include one of the chapters for Revan in his final draft. That should tell you how little he cared about it, or how incompetent he is.

Karpyshan is an exceedingly mediocre novelist. He does good works in video games, which play to his strengths and cover his weaknesses.

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Or that. Again, his ME stuff is solid, if not genius. His Revan novel just reeks of "I'm doing it to pay for the bills." That he left Bioware not long after was telling.

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by The_Tempest
No.

The guy who wrote Revan was the same guy who created the character to begin with. Doling out bits and pieces is fine, but some characters never ever ever need their own central story.

Still depends on who does it.

Obi-wan Kenobi used to be a character we only knew a little about. Now that he's been featured upright and center... he's even cooler, if anything.

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

What book are you referring to, Tempest?

Old Post May 26th, 2014 06:19 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Just how powerful was Ajunta Pall?

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I've been reading some material that contains the original Sith Exiles that were lead by Ajunta Pall in scattered works.

And holy shit are they powerful. Karness Muur especially has been implied to be stronger than both Vader and Krayt, and whenever he's possessed Celeste's body shit has went down.

Rumulus Dreypa also really ****ed shit up in the Lost Tribe of the Sith series after he was revived from his slumber, destroying entire villages with Force Storms. Sorzus Siin and Xoxxan's teachings have also proven invaluable to greats like Palpatine and Krayt as well. The leviathans especially were really astounding.

I'm not trying to glorify him or anything, but all of the original Dark Lords seem really formidable. How powerful would you guys say Ajunta was?

Holy shit they discovered all the little secret of the dark side, reach quasi immortily, made thousand of experience on animals... Live for 100 years...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Originally posted by Nephthys
No, he simply didn't care enough to research it properly. Remember that he actually forgot one to include one of the chapters for Revan in his final draft. That should tell you how little he cared about it, or how incompetent he is.

Karpyshan is an exceedingly mediocre novelist. He does good works in video games, which play to his strengths and cover his weaknesses.

That's why I prefer chris.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Exiles in general just seem incredibly powerful, from Muur's vision showing an Amped Vader killing Sidious to their lost alchemy/esoteric knowledge. They obviously were incredibly powerful, but we'll never known to what extent..

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 12:01 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Re: Just how powerful was Ajunta Pall?

Originally posted by Revanchiste
Holy shit they discovered all the little secret of the dark side, reach quasi immortily, made thousand of experience on animals... Live for 100 years...

I think a lot of the reason they were so strong was the dark side research was probably building up for awhile, and at the start the users of it were still willing to share, so you temporarily had a state where there was open research with a large number of dark jedi, and rather than sharing secrets, researching was clearly the way to power. Then the schism happened and the leaders went completely darkside and pushed things further and began taking the more selfish paths (Sorzus and similarly clearly did not share all their advanced tricks), but they built on the research done before that point.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote