KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lots of things they could've fixed up with that old game before it was released, Especially with the map when you go left and your actually going right....shit like that.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 12:24 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 06:12 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 06:19 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Friday the 13th game used to freak me the f*ck out as a kid. God damn you Jason Voorhee's..god damn you to hell.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 10:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I like the idea that this is a grass roots project. I'm looking forward to it

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 10:15 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not sure what's up with the teleporting ability.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 07:36 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh. That doesn't look that great. Or at least it's just not a good demo.

There is no confirmed SP right?

If not, I'm out. This doesn't look that fun and I guaranteed when people start playing, it will not be "horror" like atmosphere.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 02:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji

Not sure what's up with the teleporting ability.

What do you mean? I imagine it's just because in the movies Jason seems to basically teleport at times.

It doesn't seem that creepy to me, but then the only horror game to ever truly creep me out(not counting things I played as a kid) was Clive Barker's Undying.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 04:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's probably because it's from the perspective of antagonist.

I think they should only show what it feels like to be hunted and not be the hunter. The footage does not look that great.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 05:19 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This looks flat out horrible IMO

PWNT

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 09:29 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Surtur
What do you mean? I imagine it's just because in the movies Jason seems to basically teleport at times.

I'm pretty sure he runs instead.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 02:40 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 06:25 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm pretty sure he runs instead.

He was only seen running a bit in the most recent one. The game seems to show how he appeared in the movies, just teleporting massive distances and sensing where they are, as we see him slowly walking behind someone, then he somehow beats them to where they were going, despite not even knowing where that is.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 06:44 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by KingD19
He was only seen running a bit in the most recent one.

And also one of the older movies.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 06:50 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This game still looks bad.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 11:07 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

At least its better then that old NES game.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 11:51 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, let's see shall we? Could also be a pile of trash and it kind of looks like that.

It doesn't look that fun and appealing. Similar games have done this type of multiplayer gameplay and they never really worked. Also, just from the videos, it's look like the devs are just showing death sequences (which are a bit extreme and pointless) when they could be showing how the game actually works.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 01:32 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

From the demo's I've seen, it's kinda like EVOLVE, but in reverse. One person is Jason, an unstoppable Juggernaut of terror, and your job is to find and kill the enemy team of camp counselors. Over time you unlock more of his powers like fear sense, teleport, rage mode, etc... And every time you kill a counselor, or they see you, their fear rises, making you stronger, and them more erratic and easier to find and track down.

The Counselor's job is to survive, and escape. They have different classes like the Jock, the Nerd/Geek, the Cheerleader, etc... with different stats and skills. Jocks are the fastest and the strongest(they can break away from Jason easier), but the trade-off is they're really loud for example.

The devs said there's a way to kill Jason, but it's really hard and a rare thing to do.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 01:36 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it's basically hunter/hunted mode that has been around for awhile. There was a Half Life 2 mod called The Hunted that is basically the same thing.

The problem is that nobody wants to play as the hunted. Everybody wants to play as the hunter. Why? Probably because being the hunted is not as fun. This games seems to be an extreme example of having the Hunter being way overpowered. Why the **** would anybody want to play as the Counselors when Jason is so overpowered.

Doesn't make sense to me. Even in Evolve, the monsters were more fun to play and it didn't work. The only game similarly to this is Left 4 Dead but they got around that by making the game about reaching the end goal and the major enemy being zombies. Also, all the special infected were not overpowered and reasonably balanced. And both sides got to kill things!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 01:46 PM