KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Increase in exorcism demand ascribed to 'Pope Francis' effect

Increase in exorcism demand ascribed to 'Pope Francis' effect
Started by: Star428

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

If intelligent humans can succeed in staying under the radar and avoiding proof of their existence, how would anyone obtain and deliver proof of the existence of a being that is far more experienced (having been around since recorded history began) far more powerful, and invisible? Undeniable evidence of the existence of demons would interfere with their goals as it would cause humans to unite against a common inhuman enemy.
Demons would much rather destroy any such evidence and laugh at the people who need proof to believe anything and the ones who are incapable of presenting it. Shaky if you really want proof I suggest that you ask God instead of people. After all it is God that said ask and you shall receive.
I do wonder though if you were to experience proof would you actually share it with us here or just inexplicably stop posting. You're only human after all and most humans would be loathe to recant statements as strong as some of the ones that you've made.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 10:11 PM
The MISTER is currently offline Click here to Send The MISTER a Private Message Find more posts by The MISTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The MISTER
If intelligent humans can succeed in staying under the radar and avoiding proof of their existence, how would anyone obtain and deliver proof of the existence of a being that is far more experienced (having been around since recorded history began) far more powerful, and invisible? Undeniable evidence of the existence of demons would interfere with their goals as it would cause humans to unite against a common inhuman enemy.
Demons would much rather destroy any such evidence and laugh at the people who need proof to believe anything and the ones who are incapable of presenting it. Shaky if you really want proof I suggest that you ask God instead of people. After all it is God that said ask and you shall receive.
I do wonder though if you were to experience proof would you actually share it with us here or just inexplicably stop posting. You're only human after all and most humans would be loathe to recant statements as strong as some of the ones that you've made.

There is no proof of demons being real because they are not real. I could say that unicorns hide all evidence of their existence from humans, but does that make them real? No.

Demons are a part of mythology, and that is what they will always be. I wish I could free people like you from these destructive beliefs, but I cannot.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 10:48 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
There is no proof of demons being real because they are not real. I could say that unicorns hide all evidence of their existence from humans, but does that make them real? No.

Demons are a part of mythology, and that is what they will always be. I wish I could free people like you from these destructive beliefs, but I cannot.
In ten thousand years someone could say that you never existed. They could state that there is no proof that you existed and therefore you absolutely never existed. Highly unlikely that this argument would happen but regardless the person claiming that you did indeed exist would be correct. The person requiring proof would likely feel sorry for the ignorant fellow who believes without proof but he would be wrong nevertheless.

Humans are intelligent and sometimes their intelligence does them a disservice and makes them gods in their individual minds. If a human allows it to their intelligence will make them aware that they could spend the rest of their days learning new things and still die extremely ignorant about the universe they inhabit.
Just because you say that there aren't demons doesn't it any more true than if a 100 year old scholar said it.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:12 PM
The MISTER is currently offline Click here to Send The MISTER a Private Message Find more posts by The MISTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

In ten thousand years someone could say that you never existed. They could state that there is no proof that you existed and therefore you absolutely never existed. Highly unlikely that this argument would happen but regardless the person claiming that you did indeed exist would be correct. The person requiring proof would likely feel sorry for the ignorant fellow who believes without proof but he would be wrong nevertheless.

Humans are intelligent and sometimes their intelligence does them a disservice and makes them gods in their individual minds. If a human allows it to their intelligence will make them aware that they could spend the rest of their days learning new things and still die extremely ignorant about the universe they inhabit.
Just because you say that there aren't demons doesn't it any more true than if a 100 year old scholar said it.

Yes, but where is the evidence for demons existing?

Even if there were no proof that demons don't exist, that in itself wouldn't be sufficient proof that they do exist.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:24 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

In ten thousand years someone could say that you never existed.

That doesn’t mean they are right. I have left evidence of my existence.
They could state that there is no proof that you existed and therefore you absolutely never existed.

No. Just because someone says something stupid doesn’t mean they are correct.
Highly unlikely that this argument would happen but regardless the person claiming that you did indeed exist would be correct.

No. The fact that I exist now cannot be undone by someone’s belief in the future.
The person requiring proof would likely feel sorry for the ignorant fellow who believes without proof but he would be wrong nevertheless.

Are you now agreeing with me? Just because you believe something without proof doesn’t mean your belief is correct.
Humans are intelligent and sometimes their intelligence does them a disservice and makes them gods in their individual minds.

What?! Intelligence makes you a god? That make no sense at all.
If a human allows it to their intelligence will make them aware that they could spend the rest of their days learning new things and still die extremely ignorant about the universe they inhabit.

This statement by itself is true, but I don’t see how it supports intelligence making humans into gods.

I’m not just saying something meaningless. I’m telling you that demons are mythology, and not part of the real world. How do I know that? It’s the nature of mythology.

Old Post May 2nd, 2015 11:28 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Thank you. Both for this and your subsequent post.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on May 3rd, 2015 at 12:19 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 12:16 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Star428
thumb up

Thank you.

Ya, thank you! The palm palms and skirt look good on you. big grin

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 12:20 AM
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yes, but where is the evidence for demons existing?

Even if there were no proof that demons don't exist, that in itself wouldn't be sufficient proof that they do exist.
The major evidence for the existence of God, the devil, demons, and angels lies in the undeniable evidence of balance in the universe.

We could probably all agree that all existence could be brought down to the simple balance of ones and zeros, one representing existence and zero representing nonexistence.
Zero / nonexistence could maintain itself indefinitely but with the introduction of one / existence things become far more complex. Why is there a/an one/existence in the first place?

The only realistic answer is that there has always been a one and that one created the zero because if there had always been a zero things would have remained the same indefinitely.

This existence is as aware of itself as we are aware of ourselves, and we have evidence that self awareness lies within existence. When the big bang / creation began what did the universe expand into? If the universe contains all existence then it's only rational that it is expanding into an infinite amount of nonexistence.

God is all existences awareness. In the Bible it states that God hates an off balance repeatedly. Can there be light if dark doesn't exist? What is love where there has never been hate? If there is no wrong there can be no right, no up without a down and so on and so on.

The only holy texts that I have ever been introduced to that contain the balanced instruction to treat others how you want to be treated have been in the Bible and repeated multiple times by Jesus. To do so is right and to do otherwise is wrong consistently.

Jesus spoke of the existence of demons as well, and they even recognized Jesus according to the Bible. Demons and the devil give balance to God and the angels because it is God's will that there be balance within our existence.

God and his angels want to save people and want people to do what is right. The devil and his demons want to destroy people and want people to do what is wrong. This is balance and that balance is all the evidence I'll ever need.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:25 AM
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

thumb up

Thank you. Both for this and your subsequent post.
Glad I can add to such an important subject. Demons are far more cunning than humans so I see a danger in dismissing them as fantasy.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:31 AM
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

No. The fact that I exist now cannot be undone by someone’s belief in the future.

You made an error here. The "No" part is totally incorrect and then you immediately contradicted it and agreed with me. Tighten up shaky I know you're ready to disagree with me but don't get sloppy rushing to object to my post. wink

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:39 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

You made an error here. The "No" part is totally incorrect and then you immediately contradicted it and agreed with me. Tighten up shaky I know you're ready to disagree with me but don't get sloppy rushing to object to my post. wink

That's the problem, you don't even know what I disagree with you on.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:47 AM
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

That's the problem, you don't even know what I disagree with you on.
shaky you a trip man!! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 03:45 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

shaky you a trip man!! rolling on floor laughing

What is it that I disagree with?

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:40 AM
riv6672

Thread comes back to life after 16 days; maybe IT needs an exorcism. eek!

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:17 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

What is it that I disagree with?
Highly unlikely that this argument would happen but regardless the person claiming that you DID INDEED EXIST would be CORRECT.

No.

shaky you may not have meant to but you had me about to die (in a good way) with that one comment. I don't care that we don't always agree I have to say you're not one to back down and that can be a good trait sometimes. So is humility however as nobody knows everything! cool

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 07:25 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Thread comes back to life after 16 days; maybe IT needs an exorcism. eek!

There've been threads dead a lot longer than that, riv. Some guy in the comic book versus forum resurrected several threads that had been dead for over a decade!

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 07:32 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Highly unlikely that this argument would happen but regardless the person claiming that you DID INDEED EXIST would be CORRECT.

shaky you may not have meant to but you had me about to die (in a good way) with that one comment. I don't care that we don't always agree I have to say you're not one to back down and that can be a good trait sometimes. So is humility however as nobody knows everything! cool

I find this amusing, but off topic.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 07:42 PM
riv6672

There've been threads dead a lot longer than that, riv. Some guy in the comic book versus forum resurrected several threads that had been dead for over a decade!

But comics characters are always coming back from the dead. The saying was, "Only Bucky and Uncle Ben stay dead". And even that doesnt count any more!

Old Post May 4th, 2015 09:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote