KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 156 157 [158] 159 160 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Persona 5 Royal

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 01:09 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

World of Final Fantasy

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 01:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

This is ironically everything I love about the game.

I feel his pain somewhat. There are definitely bullet hell shmups I like, but sometimes I dislike being forced to spend all my attention on the bullets. You don't interact with the enemy so much as you interact with all the energy balls flying at you.

That's the appeal of non-bullet hell shmups like Einhander or Omega 5 for me. You're more focused on adjusting to unique movesets/movements, rather than almost exclusively watching millions of bullets onscreen. You can also take in the scenery more.

I haven't checked out the new R-Type Final 2 yet, but I like that the lead designer said they'll not go the bullet hell route, regardless of how popular it is. We don't need every new shmup doing it.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 3rd, 2021 at 02:36 AM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 02:21 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Maneater.

This game is really fun! Running at a fish and chomping him, the customization options, just really enjoying it.

Would recommend it for people who watched Jaws and thought "huh, this would be a cool video game."

Yes it's $40, but when you think about how they could've charged full price ($60) for a big-budget game like this, it helps you accept the pricing more.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 04:27 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
I feel his pain somewhat. There are definitely bullet hell shmups I like, but sometimes I dislike being forced to spend all my attention on the bullets. You don't interact with the enemy so much as you interact with all the energy balls flying at you.

That's the appeal of non-bullet hell shmups like Einhander or Omega 5 for me. You're more focused on adjusting to unique movesets/movements, rather than almost exclusively watching millions of bullets onscreen. You can also take in the scenery more.

I haven't checked out the new R-Type Final 2 yet, but I like that the lead designer said they'll not go the bullet hell route, regardless of how popular it is. We don't need every new shmup doing it.

The thing about Bangai-O is its kind of a reverse bullet hell. You WANT to go into the eye of the storms, because of how the games systems make use of reflecting everything around you.

It's actually quite the thrill when you get the hang of it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 10:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman: Arkham Asylum... trying to finish up the combat challenges. Some of them are really hard, and frustrating. Fighting type games are just not my forté. The predator challenges are easy enough but the extreme combat challenges are a real pain in the rear end. I probably will just eventually give up on the platinum for this game.

Oh yeah, I also picked up the pathetically easy platinum for "Tales from the Borderlands" last night. What a waste of money that game was.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 01:54 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never did find out what the bad regrets guy in Hollow Knight was for.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by cdtm
The thing about Bangai-O is its kind of a reverse bullet hell. You WANT to go into the eye of the storms, because of how the games systems make use of reflecting everything around you.

It's actually quite the thrill when you get the hang of it.

Oh, I'm sure there's fun to be had with it. thumb up

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 12:19 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Control.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2021 04:26 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

That game was neat. Weird, but fun.

The motion blur was terrible, though.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2021 04:59 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm liking it so far. The combat AI is actually pretty smart, reminds me of F.E.A.R. AI. They're really good about using the environment to your advantage, making it seem like no one is around until a gunshot from up high, and a rocket into your flank.

Only complaint is the performance has been very poor. Managed to fix it by disabling full screen optimizations, which essentially turns it into a true full screen instead of the borderless windowed mode thats the norm these days (So people could alt tab, chat, and so graphical displays and popups can interact while playing (Like volume control sliders) )

Old Post Jun 13th, 2021 05:20 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I finally tried out "Just Cause 2". I liked it at first but now it is just getting too hard.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jun 14th, 2021 05:08 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I finally tried out "Just Cause 2". I liked it at first but now it is just getting too hard.

Didn't do anything for me. Crackdown is so much better.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2021 01:31 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Nah, too dated imo.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2021 01:39 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Nah, too dated imo.

I prefer saying its a timeless classic. smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2021 01:31 PM
StyleTime

R-Type Final 2.

Loving it. Lots of variety in the ships and weapons, and you'll need to switch it up for some enemies. 55 ships total at the moment, and I think more are coming in DLC. There's also aesthetic customizations for your ships and pilot, if you're into that. There are a decent amount of mechanics, so definitely check the in game manual though. The game is such a great example of what traditional-style shmups can offer.

Also, I sometimes just spend a moment listening to the music in the Museum when making/reading about my new ships. It's just some simple chords with ambience, but it's great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1tNQVjt9Iw

I'm partial to the R9-D line of ships currently. Mostly cuz I like charging up and firing a giant laser...

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 15th, 2021 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2021 07:24 PM
NemeBro

RDR2

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 07:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Horizon Chase Zero coming free from Epic Game Store has me hyped up for some arcade type racers.

So dipping back into Burnout Revenge, Forza Horizon, and Sonic All Star Racing Transformed.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2021 12:44 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by NemeBro
RDR2
Sorry to hear that.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2021 02:00 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I have problems with Red Dead 2....but it's still a brilliant designed game. The amount of detail and etc is pretty damn extraordinary and while I had problems with the later game missions (they always seemed the same)....that was like 100 hours into it.

A lot of my problems were more nitpicking then fundamental issues (still annoyed they didnt have an option to cheat at poker)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2021 04:31 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote