KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Transformers Devastation

Transformers Devastation
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hardest thing about Starscream is that floorless stage. smile

Shockwave's tough, but memorable. He SHOULD be tough. In the comics, he was less a lacky, and more Megatron's rival. Plus he's just awesome, design wise.

Anyways, turns out Grimlock.can t use ANY autos or weapons with large magazines. And he can't go into "Max Payne" mode from his robot alt..

BUT... I accidentially found out he could go from dino mode to Max Payne aim style. I think it's a bug, because they obviously don't want Grimlock capable to spamming head shots, otherwise they wouldn't limit his ranged choices to higher powered, lower ammo arms (He can t even use snipers..)

So while you CAN do the head shot trick, it's more of a pain, and the ammo's so low the best you can do is match the "no damage" and "speed" bonus...

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 09:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yeah I know Shockwave has always been my favorite.

The Shockwave + Megatron challenge is one of the toughest imo.

It sucks that Grimlock is so limited. sad

He doesnt have that rush combo which is so damn cool.

He would by main but Optimus is simply better.

I have about 50 ss weapons still couldnt get an ss grimlock sword.

Still hoping for a decepticon pack though...

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 09:45 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've learned a few things about Grimlock that make it easier to rank:

First off, his light rush attack is the most spammable rush in the game, due to a single "b" tab getting him to full speed, instead of needing to drive around for a bit.

You can clear most bosses with nothing but "b, x, b, x, b, x" (Using Xbox controls) until they're dead.

Secondly, the loud speaker stuns all enemies, allowing for a grapple move. I've found some bosses recover and evade after two repeated uses, but generally it's easy to cheese.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 5th, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 11:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

Shockwave's tough, but memorable. He SHOULD be tough. In the comics, he was less a lacky, and more Megatron's rival. Plus he's just awesome, design wise.

Not to mention what's probably one of if not the best boss theme in the game

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 01:32 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Besides the fact that the game's setting on the levels essentially ARE in the same general area throughout the campaign is one fo the reasons for that. How that's a problem when it does nothing to hinder the gameplay (and in fact accentuates it a little better), I don't see, let alone has "open designated areas with no destructibility" never really been a necessary staple among the genre or the company's main approach in favor of combo-heavy action, which is still by the truckload (no pun intended) in this game. If anything, sticking to the one general area for the campaign is about the ONLY aspect that strikes it as a budget title, seeing as the rest of the game screams Platinum flair in its combat and scope therein.

Also, having played the Cybertron games, I gotta say they're FAR from "amazing" they'e only so good at first glance to me becasue of how mediocre the movie tie-in games were and that the last decent one before them was the Transformers Aramada title from years ago. I also really hated the general design of those games.

The levels in, Devastation move the player from one, open square level to another, surrounded with mediocre graphics that have no affect on the game play. You go through the entire game using the same combo's.

The Highmoon games have a very detailed and compelling story along with varied game play and customization. These two games incomparable. They set out to accomplish two different things. I don't think devastation is a very good game at all but i can see how someone could have fun with it. I just expected much more coming from the, Cybertron games. Also, the fact that it's not co-op is inexcusable.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 01:27 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seekers challenge should have been in the main story. It's not really much worse then taking on two Constructicons, or three Ancient Insecticons.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 7th, 2015 at 05:15 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 05:13 PM