KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » IQs of Jedi and Sith

IQs of Jedi and Sith
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

I'm not sure if Sidious is top in IQ. I mean, sure, he's a brilliant political genius, but he's at top because he's best at playing people, which doesn't necessarily correspond to highest IQ.

Plagueis seems more likely to me.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
If mechanics and are engineering are to be considered Maul should probably be considered. Making functioning legs out of junk metal and attaching them in seconds after being cut in half.

That *is* good kludge work...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Belia Darzu's pretty mechanically smart as well.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Belia Darzu's pretty mechanically smart as well.

Yea, gotta give props to someone who's famous for making war with 'techno beasts'.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

IQ is essentially just pattern-recognition. So having an affinity for manipulating people can certainly fall under IQ.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Tzeentch
IQ is essentially just pattern-recognition. So having an affinity for manipulating people can certainly fall under IQ.

Still, there's different type of intelligence. While I'm sure his IQ is high, others show more signs of the type of intelligence that test well.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 10:36 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Q99
I'm not sure if Sidious is top in IQ. I mean, sure, he's a brilliant political genius, but he's at top because he's best at playing people, which doesn't necessarily correspond to highest IQ.
What intelligence showing is there in the lore that surpasses outsmarting the entire Jedi Order and the Republic for decades?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Designing centerpoint station
Not exactly Jedi/Sith though.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I knew you mentioned the Ones even before I read the spoiler. thumb down

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Sinious
What intelligence showing is there in the lore that surpasses outsmarting the entire Jedi Order and the Republic for decades?

Again, plotting ability =/= IQ. IQ measures a fairly specific type of intelligence- one Sidious didn't stand out much in. Sidious shows very high levels of other types of intelligence. Building advanced equipment and showing great science knowledge is a higher showing of IQ.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 04:51 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Sith is either Sidious or Plagueis.

Jedi IMO is Yoda.

Wisdom doesn't necessarily = Intelligence.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 06:41 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Q99
Again, plotting ability =/= IQ. IQ measures a fairly specific type of intelligence- one Sidious didn't stand out much in. Sidious shows very high levels of other types of intelligence. Building advanced equipment and showing great science knowledge is a higher showing of IQ.
I understand your point but the dude specialized in politics. I personally see his depiction more as a genius who chose to be a manipulative politician(because it was in his character and nature) than a political prodigy who is smart only when it comes to politics. He was absent of virtue and had a perspective in life that was shaped by material logic only which is why he was obsessed with power. Power imo is the highest and most sophisticated desire a person's ego can have and Palpatine figured that out at a very young age as he said to Plageuis when they only recently met "If not power, then nothing".

I think that is a much more sophisticated way of thinking than how someone like Obi-wan or Anakin perceives things. And I honestly don't see how Plagueis is smarter than Sidious as the whole point of their relationship was that Plagueis created a monster superior to himself. The novel also tells us that Sidious is the one who organized the whole revenge plot and Plagueis was focused on his experiments the whole time.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 03:39 PM
Syndicate

Kazdan Paratus probs.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by ILS
Lel. What he accomplished with just weeks of training suggests immense IQ. Merry Savagemas.

#Savage

Old Post Dec 26th, 2015 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious for the Sith and Yoda for the Jedi.

Anakin is a dumbass **** look at the fight with Kenobi in ROTS and Dooku in AOTC. He might be a great fighter/good at fixing stuff but clearly not at using his mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8cf8fEwQU

MUST READ, NONE DARE CALL IT CONSPIRACY by Gary Allen.

http://www.whale.to/b/allen_b1.html

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Agusto Pinochet a Private Message Find more posts by Agusto Pinochet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious orchastrated the entire downfall of the reppublic and minpulated his way to supreme chancellior from being a random senator from Naboo playing the politics of the republic completely perfect. Order 66, the clones, etc Sidious did what no Sith ever did which is defeat the Jedi. He is clearly the smartest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8cf8fEwQU

MUST READ, NONE DARE CALL IT CONSPIRACY by Gary Allen.

http://www.whale.to/b/allen_b1.html

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Agusto Pinochet a Private Message Find more posts by Agusto Pinochet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Anakin was pretty ****ing retarded.

Not as dumb as that **** Zannah though, who the **** trips over a grave?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 06:01 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Comeback, carthage. It's not too late to reject the Quan Side.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 06:47 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Why are you not off on another forum, either here or elsewhere, debating Elder Scrolls, Freshest?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 06:54 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Because ESO is shit, and I got tired of "Stormcloaks fur fredumz but iz rasit," four years ago.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 07:01 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

No I meant like ES vs other verses, bish.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 07:03 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote