KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ka-Zar vs. Punisher h2h

Ka-Zar vs. Punisher h2h
Started by: Facee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Was the case, as Starlin retconned pretty much every loss Thanos had, regardless of the opponent he was facing.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 02:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
ka-zar has always been more on kraven's level physically so i could def see him taking a h2h fight here. and he did beat the sh!t out of that thanos clone.... shifty

No, not always. He actually got a power up some time ago. Prior to that, he was an athletic human.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 02:05 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Ah.....no. I know what you are trying to say, but no. Power levels are too far apart for that to be the case.

Tell that to Batman. wink

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 02:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

http://www.newsarama.com/29972-is-t...n-batman-2.html

Feel it, Grundy. Feel how much it hurts.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 02:10 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Was the case, as Starlin retconned pretty much every loss Thanos had, regardless of the opponent he was facing.

Truth.

No, not always. He actually got a power up some time ago. Prior to that, he was an athletic human.

He was reputed to have super strength from the outset, due to exposure to mystical mists as a child. Its also whats kept Zabu in his prime so long.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 02:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Tell that to Batman. wink

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm saying it didn't happen because Thanos is a Mary Sue. That shit needed to be corrected regardless and should never have happened.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jul 6th, 2016 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 02:37 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No, it happened because Starlin loves Thanos, in a "Japanese guy marries his pillow" way.

While your opinion is perfectly valid (there are fights i feel like that about, pretty sure everyone has some), he didnt retcon it out of some ned to keep comics sensible or some shit.

But i digress.

Ka-zar it seems, has this match in hand.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2016 06:30 PM
tkitna

Funny, all i see when i take a step back, is a comic book. stick out tongue

So basically, you admit that you dont take powersets and appearances seriously when you reply to threads?

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 12:50 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

out of context scans notwithstanding, this is a split

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 12:50 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by tkitna
So basically, you admit that you dont take powersets and appearances seriously when you reply to threads?

I admit Starlin's a little *****.

I admit The whole "Ka-zar beat (an obviously weakened) Thanos, OMG thats an affront to the reality that is comics" mentality is bullshit because he's not say, Batman, or some other uber fan favorite.

I admit you suck at trying to make it seem like i'm saying something other than that.

I admit i find the above funny as hell.

eek!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 04:40 AM
tkitna

I admit Starlin's a little *****.

You admit that Starlin sucks because he took and fixed another writers garbage that was so bad, it wasnt even believable in comic book lore and you dont like that.

quote:
I admit The whole "Ka-zar beat (an obviously weakened) Thanos, OMG thats an affront to the reality that is comics" mentality is bullshit because he's not say, Batman, or some other uber fan favorite.

So if Ka-Zar was as popular as Batman, Superman, or Spiderman, it would be more believable to you that he beat Thanos? I admit, I find this funny as hell. Let me clue you in on something. Batman, Superman, and Spiderman cant beat Thanos either, let alone some Tarzan wannabe. Its not a factor of how popular the character is, its just not in his powerset to do so.

quote:
I admit you suck at trying to make it seem like i'm saying something other than that.

I admit that you just suck period.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 02:57 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

You admit that Starlin sucks because he took and fixed another writers garbage that was so bad, it wasnt even believable in comic book lore and you dont like that.

So if Ka-Zar was as popular as Batman, Superman, or Spiderman, it would be more believable to you that he beat Thanos? I admit, I find this funny as hell. Let me clue you in on something. Batman, Superman, and Spiderman cant beat Thanos either, let alone some Tarzan wannabe. Its not a factor of how popular the character is, its just not in his powerset to do so.

I admit that you just suck period.

He's saying it would be more easily accepted.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 04:08 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thanos doesn't deserve half of respect he's getting on this forum.

Ka-Zar instance deserved to get retconned, obviously, but it happens to other super-powerful characters as well... like when f*cking Mephisto got knocked down with a single punch from Panther.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 06:29 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Thanos doesn't deserve half of respect he's getting on this forum.

Ka-Zar instance deserved to get retconned, obviously, but it happens to other super-powerful characters as well... like when f*cking Mephisto got knocked down with a single punch from Panther.
laughing
"He just ran up and punched him? He punched the devil in the face!?"

"Say it again, my manhood could not possibly get any smaller."

Hilarious scene. Anyway, I still think punisher takes a solid 6 or 7/10 with difficulty.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 06:33 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

He's saying it would be more easily accepted.

I understand what he's saying, I just dont understand why. If its totally fine to accept things like Ka-Zar beating Thanos (I cant even type it without laughing) and Batman beating Grundy, then why are we here? Sure writers do these things once in awhile to be cute, but common sense should prevail more often than not. Theres a reason why we're not allowed to use the Spiderman beating Firelord fight around here and its because its idiotic and unrealistic even to comic book standards.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 06:38 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I understand what he's saying, I just dont understand why. If its totally fine to accept things like Ka-Zar beating Thanos (I cant even type it without laughing) and Batman beating Grundy, then why are we here? Sure writers do these things once in awhile to be cute, but common sense should prevail more often than not. Theres a reason why we're not allowed to use the Spiderman beating Firelord fight around here and its because its idiotic and unrealistic even to comic book standards.

And I agree with you on that.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 06:40 PM
DarkSaint85

Ka Zar needs more appearances then!!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 07:18 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He does.

He's quite impressive in the ones he does have, though - like knocking the spit out of Skaar's mouth.

Poor carver had a heart attack then.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 07:23 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

He does.

He's quite impressive in the ones he does have, though - like knocking the spit out of Skaar's mouth.

Poor carver had a heart attack then.

Wow, you actually care about Ka

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 07:30 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not really.

I care much more about the Punisher.

I'm just trying to be objective, unlike some posters.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 07:38 PM