KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Aquaman (2018)

Aquaman (2018)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (116): « First ... « 112 113 [114] 115 116 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Yeah theyre not gonna cancel the sequel to the biggest DC box office film of all time.

And cancel for what? The guy in the lead role didnt do anything.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 05:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Honestly, wouldn't care if they kept her scenes, movie was already filmed. Just replace her for the next film.

But from what was said previously, her screen time was cut down to less than 10 minutes in the final cut.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 05:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Heh, true. While I enjoyed the first Aquaman, I wouldnt lose sleep over something happening to the sequel if it meant getting rid of her. Not many are caring for A2 anyway since she ruined the Aquaman brand so to speak.

And Flash? Definitely. Even ignoring the Ezra stuff, already wasnt looking forward to it with how I heard they were gonna do Flashpoint, and felt like another skip for me far as watching.

thumb up

Fuck DC. Nobody likes their stuff, anyway.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 06:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Referring to DCEU particularly? If so I mostly agree, but not everything DC in a vacuum is deserving of scorn.

I've accepted though that everyone will be old by the time there comes a proper DC cinematic universe, with Batman V Superman done right, etc.

If it happens at all, but just enjoy whatever we can that's good with the time we have, yeah?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 07:46 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Honestly, wouldn't care if they kept her scenes, movie was already filmed. Just replace her for the next film.

But from what was said previously, her screen time was cut down to less than 10 minutes in the final cut.
Why replace her.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 07:49 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Cos she's toxic, she lied about being abused to try and bring someone else down. She's a fake victim and gives the real victims of spousal abuse a bad name.

Though honestly, if they kept her I wouldn't care too much, as I can separate the artist from the degenerate. But I understand why the studio wants to distance itself from her, she could/would cost them money.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 07:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cos she's toxic, she lied about being abused to try and bring someone else down. She's a fake victim and gives the real victims of spousal abuse a bad name.

Though honestly, if they kept her I wouldn't care too much, as I can separate the artist from the degenerate. But I understand why the studio wants to distance itself from her, she could/would cost them money.
You see, my unpopular opinion is both of them probably lied and are shitty people. I honestly have no idea who abused who most and had I been on that Jury I would have struggled to find in favour of either Rob.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 07:58 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Referring to DCEU particularly? If so I mostly agree, but not everything DC in a vacuum is deserving of scorn.

I've accepted though that everyone will be old by the time there comes a proper DC cinematic universe, with Batman V Superman done right, etc.

If it happens at all, but just enjoy whatever we can that's good with the time we have, yeah?

We're in the movie forum, so yeah, dceu.

But I've never kept it a secret that I hate DC as a whole.

They've had Supes stuttering and shitting his pants in front of Putin in Doomsday Clock --- fuck them and their shitty characters.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 08:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
We're in the movie forum, so yeah, dceu.

But I've never kept it a secret that I hate DC as a whole.

They've had Supes stuttering and shitting his pants in front of Putin in Doomsday Clock --- fuck them and their shitty characters.
That seems extreme Stilt laughing out loud You haven't been replaced by Bizarro Broly have you old pal. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 08:03 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You know me. I've been wiping my asshole with Clark's cape for f*cking 14 years.

But DC sure knows even worse ways to disrespect the character than I do.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 08:07 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

My main issue is just DC characters being disrespected in favor of Batwank, but can understand not liking DC as a whole, all things considered. Some used to like DC but not anymore because of Batwank and other things.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 08:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Funny thing, I'm actually fine with the Batwank.

It's literally everything else that bothers me about their comicverse stick out tongue

Superdouche, Pedostroke, Rainbow Lanterns and of course Arthur Curry:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 08:28 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm kind of the same. I couldn't care less whether she's in it or not. It would probably be a better movie without her because she had zero chemistry, but the movie is shit anyway, so I don't really care.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 08:58 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Now Heard’s free to jump ship to DC and play a deserving character.

(please log in to view the image)

Though yeah, like Robtard I wouldn’t care if they kept her in the movie.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 09:38 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah theyre not gonna cancel the sequel to the biggest DC box office film of all time.

And cancel for what? The guy in the lead role didnt do anything.

Stilt's just a DC hater in general, Also has some a weird fetish for Aquaman getting raped.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 02:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I agree that cancelling Aquaman 2 over her would be a bit much when she's not even the lead (my expressed agreement to Stilt's earlier post was mainly in regards to the Flash film which I think will be an unmitigated disaster), but many are still not going to see A2 because of her connection to it. That's a fact. You guys might see it, but question is will the majority still see it? I just wonder how much DC fans boycotting it (many of whom are also Depp fans) will hurt it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 03:06 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It is kinda bullshit they're doing nothing about Ezra Miller with what he's gotten up to lately. Yet they remove Depp from Fantastic Beast's

get your shit together WB's.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 03:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

There was also that Animaniacs reboot that mocked Depp and called him a liar in part of one episode.

Disney was no better though, with how quick they were to reboot Pirates of the Caribbean and replace Depp. All companies and media were initially against him because he wasn't the woman of the abusive relationship.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 04:00 AM
riv6672

Depp … wasn't the woman ...

^^^Oh, he was def. the woman.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 10:26 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I agree that cancelling Aquaman 2 over her would be a bit much when she's not even the lead (my expressed agreement to Stilt's earlier post was mainly in regards to the Flash film which I think will be an unmitigated disaster), but many are still not going to see A2 because of her connection to it. That's a fact. You guys might see it, but question is will the majority still see it? I just wonder how much DC fans boycotting it (many of whom are also Depp fans) will hurt it.

I think people will understand it was filmed before the trial, and her role was minimised because of the trial, despite her winning the UK one (well the Sun won that one because it was more about freedom of the press).

Honestly though she might still get work. Plenty of feminists will still believe her. But doubt she will work for a big studio again.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 11:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote