KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin Skywalker's Physical Strength (Comparison)

Anakin Skywalker's Physical Strength (Comparison)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh, you're talking about the start of the fight when Sidious is laughing his ass off. I see.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:38 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Exactly what I said to Beni on page 8. My points aren't changed by whether or not the feat's taken seriously, though.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:39 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
That's according to your pre-conceived notions. This doesn't reflect my views, of course, but the point is that if we came into this discussion equipped with just the showings we discussed, it isn't as illogical as you make it out to be. For one, I cited Dooku already stalemating Yoda in a prolonged bladelock - we're trying to verify its legitimacy as a showing. Considering that there's also Dooku repelling Yoda's Force-enhanced blows, which matched those of Sidious', the case isn't exactly as silly as you make it out to be. The biggest detractors to the case would be Anakin tearing Dooku apart in the novel, but Stover's Anakin is stronger than Yoda. There's also Savage disarming Dooku, but that was due to PIS-poor positioning, rather than anything else. So we're only left with Anakin overpowering Dooku in saberlocks in S4, which you'd have to accept as a showing that puts Anakin in Yoda's league in terms of strength.
You don't rank Dooku in relation to Sheev down in the dirt where he belongs? Not good. no

quote:
Anyways, it doesn't matter whether or not Dooku compares to Sidious. Without bringing in pre-conceived notions, your point was that Yoda could overpower Sidious without actually being stronger than him. If so, then your logic applies to all characters, including Dooku.
That wasn't my point that was your excuse. As far as I'm concerned Yoda beat Sidious in a contest of strength decisively 7 time out of 10, aside from one instance in which it was somewhat inconclusive but still ended in Yoda's favour. Ergo whether you believe Dooku is 95% of Sidious or not, Yoda should still be able to overpower him quickly and decisively of at least 80% of the time, which frankly is more than Anakin manages, as we both well know.

quote:
It is. Whether or not Dooku held back doesn't matter. Anakin's sharp increase in performance carries the connotation of a rage amp, especially when the conditions for such an amp are all in place.
It's not and I've already explained why, the fact that you chose to gloss over that aspect of my argument isn't my problem.

quote:
He can't only push Dooku's blade as far as his arms can extend, lol. If he has enough strength, he can push Dooku's blade with enough force to move it even after his blade loses contact with Dooku's. With enough strength, he can definitely push it a considerable distance or even disarm the Count entirely. You're making this up on the spot. There's no reason why Yoda couldn't have pushed Dooku's blade more, like he did against Sidious in RotS. He definitely pushed Palpatine's blade more than "as far as his arms can extend".
That is precisely what I said, but at least you grasped half the point.

To be more clear, when I said "push" I meant without disconnecting, beyond that yes, Yoda would have to force Dooku's blade away with sheer momentum alone, and this is why Yoda is at an intrinsic disadvantage.

To explain with an analogy, imagine two individuals have to push a crate across a room to the wall, one of them is allowed to push it the entire way without their hands leaving the crate, the other can only push it a third of the way and has to rely on momentum generated for it to make the rest. Now if the latter person's crate failed to reach the end of the room, would you infer that the former is stronger? No, because the contest is unfairly stacked against them, the situation is the same here. Anakin is in a position to force Dooku's blade all the way down, up, or whatever, without disconnecting, Yoda simply doesn't have the same reach, so a comparison can't be drawn.

quote:
Other than his evidently different facial expression and demeanor, as well as another sharp increase in performance, with all the conditions for him being enraged being in place?
Evidently different facial expression? confused

To what these?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...Maybe no.

And I'm aware that Maul had a reason to be enraged but my point is that as a master of his anger who has summoned far more intense "rage-amps" in the past this should result in an extraordinary performance for Maul, he should be able to call on that rage whenever, including throughout this fight.

At best, it would have washed away his fatigue and granted renewed strength, but its not going to give him unprecedented power lmao, and I'm seeing no sharp increase in performance sorry.

quote:
It's pretty damn hard to get an accurate judgment on how good TCW Anakin is since he's literally all over the place. I'll say that at his finest, he's Yoda-level.
Sure thing darl, or maybe not. More like Anakin is the mean of his performances, only one of which you believe to be Yoda-level. Funny how its also the anomaly.

quote:
It's far out of reach for Ventress to be landing a knockout blow so early on in the fight against Obi-Wan, especially when she's injured.
It's simply a matter of striking with sufficient accuracy. Nothing wild.

quote:
That was your comparison, not mine.
K. Point is Anakin and Kenobi have no reason to hold back massively.

quote:
Well, as I've said, Anakin is pretty inconsistent - he may not have been Yoda-level at that specific point. Regardless, Ventress was clearly enhanced enough that with sufficient expenditure of her Force reserves, she could repel strikes from such an opponent. That's why she retreats right after the GIF you posted.
And what about when he went rage mode on Bariss? Was he Yoda-level then? Or was it closing time at the furnace heart that day? And what about when Kenobi, disguised as the guy Anakin thought killed Kenobi, flipped him on his ass and caught him in a choke hold? Same deal? Face it, TCW didn't purposefully write Anakin to be a massively inconsistent fighter for no good reason, they simply never envisioned him possessing that amount of power. And it shows.

EDIT: Heck that reminds me of Dave Filoni's Rebel's commentary, you know the one:
quote:
We used to have this problem in Clone Wars when we would try to put Yoda in a story and it would be like, "Yeah, if Yoda's there, this isn't really a problem is it?" That's because Yoda's going to go in there and kick everyone's butt.

Why was the same logic never applied to Anakin, who according to you is an even bigger butt kicker?

And he absolutely wasn't anywhere near Yoda level at that point, otherwise Ventress wouldn't have capably blocked his attacks (without being staggered, knocked down etc.) or escaped her opponents when Anakin and Kenobi had her pinned.

Face it Hondo = Anakin > Dooku. smile thumb up

Last edited by Beniboybling on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 03:05 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It also occurs to me Nova that this logic that X overpowering Y doesn't necessarily make them stronger backfires on Anakin rather tragically.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 03:09 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling

EDIT: Heck that reminds me of Dave Filoni's Rebel's commentary, you know the one:

Why was the same logic never applied to Anakin, who according to you is an even bigger butt kicker?

Actually according to Witwer (on Collider Jedi Council), that was a bit of an issue for Filoni. Because any beatings Anakin got would undermine Vader later which he didn't want to do.

In any case Anakin as of TCW later seasons, he is just a little under Dooku, so clearly no match for Yoda yet (except for on Mortis).

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Beniboybling
It also occurs to me Nova that this logic that X overpowering Y doesn't necessarily make them stronger backfires on Anakin rather tragically.

No, my point was that if X overpowers Y negligibly, like your cited examples against Dooku and Sidious, it's not much. Anakin visibly moving Dooku's entire body makes him definitely stronger.

I'll respond to the rest later.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 01:16 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote