KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Jackson worked in subtle ways, I'd say.

And I'm gonna quote Ares:

PS. Good job on the sig.

Oh, that's definitely true.

Another thing about Jackson is that, even if you complain about the lack of Tom Bombadil, Arwen getting beefed up or say, any general issues with the writing and such, the entire trilogy is absolutely full of how much Peter Jackson adored the source material he was adapting. That can make up for a lot even when other things might be lacking (look at the Mandalorian for example).

I'm not convinced the people at Amazon have the same, not even love, but respect for what it is they're making. I hope I'm wrong and it's brilliant, but yeah. The most impressive thing so far is that practical effect showing the metal in the mould for the rings.

Thank you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2022 03:39 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willburns710

This better not disappoint ! Fan fiction or whatever not it better not let Tolkien down!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2022 01:55 AM
willburns710 is currently offline Click here to Send willburns710 a Private Message Find more posts by willburns710 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Amazon taking a NetFlix style dump on LoTR?

Why must they "diversify" everything?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2022 04:30 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

No news on this?

Or just no interest?

Old Post May 24th, 2022 09:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm looking forward to it, but it's still 3-4 months out. As it gets closer, I'm sure we'll get more news, more cheers and more tears.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 25th, 2022 07:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i am looking forward to watching this.. as i hope this will be so good all the haters will cry

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 25th, 2022 08:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I hope this turns out well. But from what I've seen, it won't.

Bezos wanted another Game of Thrones, but GoT ran out of source material in the latter seasons and became a dumpster fire. This series is based on very little material, and has chosen to condense the timelines/add new content instead of meaningfully recreate existing Tolkien lore. The lack of books like the Silmarillion to its portfolio really hurts Amazon here too, because the best foundational stories are in that work. And without it, they're just writing name brand fanfiction. They just bought the name, and hope to profit despite committing insane amounts of money to the first season alone.

Plus between Xena-Galadriel, Second Age proto-hobbits, meteors which become people, black dwarf lady which doesn't look dwarven at all, and Elrond looking -nothing- like his LOTR equivalent doesn't speak well for the production. And them removing Tom Shippey, just to add a 'Tolkien scholar' who spends most of her time on Twitter accusing Tolkien fans of being racist really smacks of bad choices. I don't want political bullshit in my timeless high fantasy escapism masterpiece work, thanks. Keep that bullshit for the next MCU turd.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 06:55 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

We get House of the Dragon 8/21/22 and The Rings of Power 9/02/22, hopefully at least one of them isn't pure dirty ass. Going too suck if we get two fantasy shows weeks apart and they're both shit.

I'm still butthurt over The Wheel of Time. That could have been so much better.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 08:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Robtard
We get House of the Dragon 8/21/22 and The Rings of Power 9/02/22, hopefully at least one of them isn't pure dirty ass. Going too suck if we get two fantasy shows weeks apart and they're both shit.

I'm still butthurt over The Wheel of Time. That could have been so much better.

I forgot about House of Dragons. I have HBO, so I may check it out.

As for Wheel of Time, I dodged a bullet there. Almost watched it.

Old Post May 31st, 2022 03:20 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I found out there's a 3rd fantasy show coming, Willow.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10278918/

The story began with an aspiring magician from a Nelwyn village and an infant girl destined to unite the realms, who together helped destroy an evil queen and banish the forces of darkness. Now, in a magical world where brownies, sorcerers, trolls, and other mystical creatures flourish, the adventure continues, as an unlikely group of heroes set off on a dangerous quest to places far beyond their home, where they must face their inner demons and come together to save their world

Old Post May 31st, 2022 03:38 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2022 08:16 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I mean, I guess it looks kind of cool? if you're a LOTR fan?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2022 10:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Certainly looked better than the 1st two trailers. The best entertainment from it is all the cry babies complaining about black elves and how it doesn't look how they want it to. God forbid someone interprets the visuals differently than Peter Jackson did.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 05:45 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks decent. Not at all a fan of the character who I'm guessing is supposed to be Sauron. The haircut is awful and he looks like Eminem.

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Certainly looked better than the 1st two trailers. The best entertainment from it is all the cry babies complaining about black elves and how it doesn't look how they want it to. God forbid someone interprets the visuals differently than Peter Jackson did.

Not all interpretations are equally valid. Though, a black elf is relatively tame compared to some of the changes they are making like Isuldur having a sister or wizards arriving in meteors.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2022 07:22 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

(please log in to view the image)

After two pretty good trailers, this is what they drop... I hope this was just a **** up on the marketing department's part and not representative of the final product because this trailer was awful. It ruined whatever faith I had that they managed to gain from the past few trailers. I do wonder what clown chose that music. Good god.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2022 06:27 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0

Still hyped, can't wait. But also still wary that they'll Wheel of Time this.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2022 06:12 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Thomas Covenant or the Pliocene Trilogy would get me more stoked.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2022 09:43 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

There's a Willow series coming out too, based on the 1998 film, maybe that High Fantasy will work for you

Old Post Aug 24th, 2022 10:18 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Some of the creatures look cool, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go full nerd and actually watch this...

Maybe just to be a completist since I've seen all the others...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2022 10:41 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
There's a Willow series coming out too, based on the 1998 film, maybe that High Fantasy will work for you
Nah dwarves are not my thing no matter what film evidence you have. I want fantasy a bit more Adult, I am looking forward to the Talisman, but the TV, Salem's lot with David Soul not withstanding always ruins a King Opus.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2022 11:08 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote