KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Chozen was pretty much the heart and soul of season 5, and a much needed breath of fresh air. Will admit too Mike Barnes was one guy I never thought I'd be glad to see again, so I take back what I said about him before, now that he has some likability to him.

Chozen vs Terry did not disappoint. Figures though that Chozen hesitated on the final blow so Daniel could finish the fight, but still all around great.

Sensei Kim was also a cool character introduced. Her making Tory punch off the head of that stone dummy was an even more extreme version of Terry having Daniel punch the shit out of the wooden dummy in Karate Kid III.

Kreese also surprised everyone, I'm sure. At any rate, the next season has to reintroduce Hillary Swank's character, as she's the only missing link at this point.

And yeah, Silver will go down in history as one of the best written villains. thumb up

Old Post Sep 13th, 2022 07:30 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finisheed all 10 episodes

no more tenn angst shit.. just need every episode to feature martial arts

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 13th, 2022 09:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is online now! Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't feel like rewatching season 4, so remind me, why did Johnny's son he always wanted go looking for his dad again?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2022 10:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
don't forget basic hip throws also are the answer especially on other kids onto concrete. Terry silver is God.

Silver's a fabulously over-the-top villain for this setting and I love it. What he'll do to achieve karate franchise superiority.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 14th, 2022 06:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hilary swank himhawed around when asked during an interview IF she were joining cobra kai season 6

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 15th, 2022 03:18 AM
BruceSkywalker is online now! Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They'll brought everyone back, can't imagine she won't be on the show.

Maybe she'll kick Kreese's ass.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2022 05:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Always saw Next Karate Kid as an alternate continuity, but no real reason she couldn't be in the show.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2022 07:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by cdtm
Don't feel like rewatching season 4, so remind me, why did Johnny's son he always wanted go looking for his dad again?

Because Johnny mistook Miguel for Robby while being drunk, after losing hard to Silver.

Originally posted by Robtard
They'll brought everyone back, can't imagine she won't be on the show.

Maybe she'll kick Kreese's ass.

Or they bring back the character Michael Ironside played and she kicks his ass. Or Kreese and that guy form an alliance and Daniel and Julie team up.

I dont know, but more interested in where that Sekai Taikai world tournament is gonna go, as I assume Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang will still compete in it together, and although there be no more Cobra Kai at this point, Kim Da-Eun or someone who knows the Tang Soo Do ways of the fist could join said tournament as their own faction.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2022 10:06 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Michael Ironside has one of the most badass voices, makes for a perfect menacing villain.

He's 72 now though and not in the best shape, he's gotten VERY large, so I can't see him karating it up. But possibly as a non-fighting character.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2022 10:27 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Finished watching the latest season a couple of days ago

i was expecting Chozen to be dead after that fight in the final ep.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2022 02:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I love this show but it's EXTREMELY annoying to even attempt to predict who will win certain fights.

Maybe it's not supposed to be realistic, but man, they seriously threw out all power-scaling out the window.

It seems to be plot magic how some characters beat others and that's a bit annoying in a show revolving around Martial Arts.

It's like a character goes on about how they suck, and they're taught this new thing and they are able to beat whatever threat. Who cares that Hawk has been fighting for years and Kenny's been fighting for less then 1, and he's also much shorter, scrawnier, and not even close to strong as Hawk, right? The way he described it is how it should have played out, your "mindset" or even your determination shouldn't make you be "better" then your opponent.

I can't go box at a gym for a year then decide I can beat Mike Tyson just cause I'm super determined and was taught this one move that he's unaware of. If I did, I doubt I'd do well and would probably DIE trying to beat him before I did any significant damage.

Also Chozen was cool but also a disappointment, I LIKE the concept of a guy who can just wipe the floor with everyone as he pleases. Miyagi was bad-ass not only because he was wise, but also because even in his old age he could destroy any and all competition at his leisure; he didn't even have to try to beat any opponent at any given time. Chozen comes out like he's so. far. ahead of Daniel and that Daniel is nowhere NEAR his level anymore. All of this is just so weird.

Yeah I know it's called training, but tbh Chozen has been training more then anyone and it shows when you watch the show.

Other then that, great season.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 18th, 2022 02:07 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Because Johnny mistook Miguel for Robby while being drunk, after losing hard to Silver.

Or they bring back the character Michael Ironside played and she kicks his ass. Or Kreese and that guy form an alliance and Daniel and Julie team up.

I dont know, but more interested in where that Sekai Taikai world tournament is gonna go, as I assume Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang will still compete in it together, and although there be no more Cobra Kai at this point, Kim Da-Eun or someone who knows the Tang Soo Do ways of the fist could join said tournament as their own faction.

Thanks. thumb up

Not quite done with the season, at the part where Daniel's wife is like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wow, who would ever think all it would take is threatening our entire marriage by moving out with the kids to stop fighting Silver? Why am I even surprised you're suddenly a broken shell, and acting like it isn't totally my fault, and totally unaware how cruel it is to go "I got your back now hon" lol?

More or less.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2022 02:15 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The "bad boy of karate" stuff was hilarious.

The sadistic way he was talking about carving up furniture on the phone, pretty sure he has issues. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 18th, 2022 03:09 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I was fine with Chozen, though agree that they made Kenny overpowered out of nowhere. Even with that move he was taught, Hawk shouldve been able to do better against him.

And that is true about Mike Barnes, though anyone with anger issues can probably relate to him at least. He did not deserve to get in the crosshairs with his furniture store, and while he did appear again much later, felt like he couldve used a bit more screentime, considering. His return was great otherwise though.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2022 03:27 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Felt for Barnes, hopefully has good insurance.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2022 03:38 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Finished it.

"I did most of this." "Yeah you did."

Airborne was fitting, but it was also made in 2007. Am I supposed to like that song if I'm an 80's fan?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2022 04:30 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I was fine with Chozen, though agree that they made Kenny overpowered out of nowhere. Even with that move he was taught, Hawk shouldve been able to do better against him.

And that is true about Mike Barnes, though anyone with anger issues can probably relate to him at least. He did not deserve to get in the crosshairs with his furniture store, and while he did appear again much later, felt like he couldve used a bit more screentime, considering. His return was great otherwise though.

Kenny beating Hawk was ridiculous, half the size, half the training, but it was telegraphed episodes before that it was coming. But this show is built on ridiculousness.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2022 04:41 PM
Jmanghan

Kenny beating Hawk was ridiculous, half the size, half the training, but it was telegraphed episodes before that it was coming. But this show is built on ridiculousness.
It makes me not wanna watch the show tbh, it's not realistic despite this being set in our real life world, it's okay to be a little ridiculous but this is too much. It's like an anime at this point, people are like "I can't do it", and are told "yes you can" or learn a move and suddenly that closes the massive skill gap.

It's been happening for awhile now and the scaling is entirely inconsistent, it's hard to predict stuff for next season.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 21st, 2022 06:05 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I liked what Hawk said to Kyler afterward at least regarding the fight with Kenny. "You know what? That's life. You win some, you lose some, but you gotta move on. You never did. You still pull the same old bully act as always, and nearly everyone you've bullied has kicked your ass by now.

Demetri: I haven't.
Hawk: You'll get your turn. Kyler's too stupid to ever learn his lesson."

I wonder if we'll see some interesting prison arc sideplot with Silver like we did with Kreese...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2022 08:03 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Griping about the only dominant minority representative. Always knew you were alt-right deep inside. smile

In all seriousness Dimitri beating Hawk was far worse, the guy's a wet napkin physically and never threw himself into the training because of his hypochondria.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2022 08:12 PM