KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Witcher

The Witcher
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Don't blame him tbh. Must've been very frustrating for Cavill given how he's a fan of The Witcher he has to have a writing team who disdained the books and games and who openly mocked them.

This is what happens when you staff projects with jobbing writers instead of people who actually care about the source material.

Yeah, and they probably wanted a lead actor who wasnt some big fan of the source material. A necessary sacrifice for Henry returning as Superman fulltime I guess, but season 3 will probably be the last I see of this show.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2022 09:19 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, and they probably wanted a lead actor who wasnt some big fan of the source material. A necessary sacrifice for Henry returning as Superman fulltime I guess, but season 3 will probably be the last I see of this show.

I mean, I'm not a fan of goth but I could write good goth if I had to.

You don't need to like a thing to cater to people who like a thing, it isn't hard. Unless you actively hate your audience so much you simply refuse to.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2022 09:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Cavil done.. Liam Hemsworth takes over

https://deadline.com/2022/10/liam-h...n-4-1235158299/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 29th, 2022 09:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

"We need writers who are close, but not too close. Who love the world, but aren't afraid to question it. Who are fans, but are willing to step back and open their minds, in order to bring their beloved world to our real (big) one."

Yeah I'm giving Witcher a fat dislike when that season hits. You can make a masterpiece halfway but if you think I'm gonna eat the intentional turd end of that sandwich, you can go not be as familiar with a hornet's nest and slap one. Bring that to your real world.

The whole point of fiction entertainment is escapism, why would I want a relatable world especially in it's current state? This just feels like plants put in to purposely kill our medias.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2022 11:10 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Impediment
Henry Cavill to be replaced by Liam Hemsworth.

kek

It's over. Cavil was the main reason to watch this.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2022 11:31 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Season 2 was <<< 1 anyways.

Geralt was the only good thing about it, the politics between humans and the elves, or the body snatcher and her schemes, I could care less about.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2022 04:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched season 3 episode 1 and started the first 39 minutes of episode 2..

1st episode was pretty good and what i saw in 2nd wasn't bad

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2023 01:54 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

after watching the first 4 episodes i can see why Cavil left..

i'll have more after i watch the fifth episode

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2023 12:57 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Season 3 has started very mediocre. Having trouble keeping my interest.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 5th, 2023 05:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

SJW crap will do that.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2023 06:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by cdtmoron
I am a moron.

I see.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2023 09:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard

So far, it's been too much politics and not enough Witchering IMO. And the politics is boring. If they're going to have a big focus of the narrative be on political intrigue, at least make it interesting.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2023 09:14 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Aye, more Witchering would be nice.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2023 04:35 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Yeah this has just gone off a cliff with horrendously bad writing choices. Killing Roach, turning Eskel into a Leshen, having Yennefer spend an entire season trying to sacrifice Ciri, Jaskier and Radovid having sex. The way King Visimir is portrayed. Making Keira Metz a fat, ugly, big nosed Tramp.

Absolute mind boggling choices.

You can almost forgive Rings of Power for their abomination (character assassinations aside) because they didn't have the rights to a lot of Tolkien's lore but there is zero excuse for what they've done with this as they had full rights to all the books.

From what I gather, it's barely getting 300,000 viewers per episode now. This franchise is dead. What a waste.

How many great IPs have now been ruined by terrible writers?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2023 08:41 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The first half of season 3 was mostly a snorefest, that's without having read the books to compare how much they're diverged/

Old Post Jul 18th, 2023 10:18 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Imagine having the hubris of being a writer who has never created anything meaningful, reading the works of revered, massively popular and successful writers and thinking "I can do their stories better than they can".

Bonkers.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2023 10:37 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe the studios aren't getting top writers because their compensation is abysmal and the good writers won't do it. Or maybe they only hire based on lowest bid, because they're cheap.

A writer's strike is happening for a reason, I'm inclined to believe many talents are out there but aren't getting the work.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2023 10:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Imagine having the hubris of being a writer who has never created anything meaningful, reading the works of revered, massively popular and successful writers and thinking "I can do their stories better than they can".

Bonkers.

Yes.

But to be fair, there are massively popular writers who are complete shit, Stephenie Meyer and E. L. James come to mind.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2023 10:58 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe the studios aren't getting top writers because their compensation is abysmal and the good writers won't do it. Or maybe they only hire based on lowest bid, because they're cheap.

A writer's strike is happening for a reason, I'm inclined to believe many talents are out there but aren't getting the work.

The issue is they come at things completely wrong nowadays.

It used to be that people with passion for a project had to bow and scrape and beg to get funding from studios to get their vision made.
Now studios buy up rights then hire whoever is looking for work to get them made regardless of whether those people care about the project or not. If their compensation for it is a flat rate then they'll put as little time and effort into it as possible. The result is mountains of trash.

Then there's the aspect of just how much is being churned out across cinema, subscription and the enormous plethora of streaming services nowadays. Hardly anything is successful and what few films and shows that do make an impact are then milked to death (think Stranger Things)

Thankfully there's still a handful of directors who actually give a shìt about creating quality work specifically for cinema (Nolan, Villeneuve, Tarantino)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2023 12:46 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The one thing I will never understand;

How on earth did Star Trek end up in the half of the company split that didn't give a crap about Trek?

That's just dumb.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2023 02:09 AM