KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah I’ll keep an eye out for a sale. 19.99 is fine but I have other things I want to play right now.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2020 08:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And now the senior narrative designer has left the project.

They really are gonna just f*ck this up aren't they?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2020 08:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
And now the senior narrative designer has left the project.

They really are gonna just f*ck this up aren't they?
If this wasn't bad enough, they just hired Samantha Wallschlaeger as the new lead narrative designer. She wrote Mass Effect Andromeda.

My hype for this game tanks more and more every time I hear some awful news concerning its development. It went from a day 1 buy to a deep sale, just like that. Fck.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Oct 27th, 2020 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2020 04:09 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I went from really looking forward to this game to dreading it.

A good game could have revitalized the series and produced multiple sequels. This doesn't sound like it will do that.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2020 03:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 03:36 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Seeing a Samantha Wallschlaeger game fail makes me so happy.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 09:12 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
It was better than most games out when it came out too.

Gaming was not any better back then, and in a lot of ways it was worse. Don't believe the meme.

And I'm personally holding out hope that we can play as Sabbat clans as well as Camarilla. Being a Tziscime or however you spell it would be dope.

Nah.

The shite to gold ratio may have been comparable, but the sheer variety was loads better. They were more willing to take risks,. and the focus was strictly on the content.

Nowadays its more about just taking what works and turning it into a massive mmo, and nickling and diming people for different colored clothes.

The dlc and loot box stuff was at least balanced out by the fact Mass Effect and Skyrim were genuinely good games, unlike the cesspools of Andromeda, Fallout 76, Fallout 4 (And from the looks of it the Cyberpunk game is a bit disappointing..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 09:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I liked how you called Fallout 4 a cesspool. I can understand some people not liking it as much as the previous games but Fallout 4 is far from being a cesspool of a game. If your idea of cesspool is Fallout 4 then I wonder you dealt with the countless amounts of LJN shit titles.

But I assume you have never played it...and there is no loot boxes in Fallout 4. There is DLC but they are substantial.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 09:46 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
I liked how you called Fallout 4 a cesspool. I can understand some people not liking it as much as the previous games but Fallout 4 is far from being a cesspool of a game. If your idea of cesspool is Fallout 4 then I wonder you dealt with the countless amounts of LJN shit titles.

But I assume you have never played it...and there is no loot boxes in Fallout 4. There is DLC but they are substantial.
cdtm is a troll that needs to be banned asap.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 10:25 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was a random list of bad games and problems with modern gaming in general.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 10:38 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

They're replacing the entire god damn developing team

Holy shit, legit lol

PWNT

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 10:44 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah I’ll keep an eye out for a sale. 19.99 is fine but I have other things I want to play right now.

Pretty pricey in my book.

I paid that much for Shovel Knight Treasure Trove on a sale, grudgingly. Only reason I caved is because the price was going up after the sale, and you'd never see 20 bucks again.

In this case, I feel it was worth the money.

A game needs to be super exceptional to justify more then a saw-buck.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 10:44 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by cdtm
The shite to gold ratio may have been comparable, but the sheer variety was loads better. They were more willing to take risks,. and the focus was strictly on the content.

Nah. That's true for most AAA titles, but not for gaming in general. I'd argue we're in the best time ever if you want experimental, artsy, or just classically fun games. There's so many platforms, and it's so easy to find them now.

It's why I encourage folks to explore indie games, especially if they feel unsatisfied with the current big name franchises.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 24th, 2021 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 01:20 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I find indie and AAA games very comparable in terms of risk tasking.While I agree AAA games can be less risky but I also find indie titles can also be bland.

I think it's just a product of the sure amount of quality developers out there...be it AAA to smaller indie.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 01:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indie's don't count. stick out tongue

Couldn't agree more. Shovel Knight is the best Megaman game in the past two decades. Hollow Knight is in house Nintendo quality.

It's just like with professional wrestling, WWE was shite but we had Chikara.

If you were lucky enough to have them come around.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 01:39 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Trocity
Seeing a Samantha Wallschlaeger game fail makes me so happy.

Yeah, but I really loved the first game(i love the world of darkness and i think it is the only WoD game to truly capture the feel of it). So I was really looking forward to it but it just seems that BS and maybe even politics helped derail it, I don't know.

It's a shame. There is a lot of potential.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 05:44 PM
StyleTime

I find indie and AAA games very comparable in terms of risk tasking.While I agree AAA games can be less risky but I also find indie titles can also be bland.

I think it's just a product of the sure amount of quality developers out there...be it AAA to smaller indie.

Oh, I don't mean to sound anti-AAA games. I play and enjoy plenty of them myself, and agree that indie titles don't always push creative boundaries. I don't even think being creative or experimental is required to be good. I just meant that you'll find the types of games I mentioned more often in the indie space than you will in the AAA space. I don't think it's particularly comparable either. You won't see a game like Flower or weirdness like Octodad in the AAA world. Or even Concrete Genie.

When I see someone rip on modern gaming, it's usually because they're looking at a very narrow line of games they didn't like. It's very similar to folks ripping on modern music. If's fine if you don't have mainstream tastes, but it's not a knock on the medium. It just means you're searching through the wrong channels.

Doesn't make AAA games bad of course. They can't go off the wall as often though, due to needing to hit financial goals.
Originally posted by cdtm
Indie's don't count. stick out tongue

Couldn't agree more. Shovel Knight is the best Megaman game in the past two decades. Hollow Knight is in house Nintendo quality.

Mega Man 11 is pretty solid. Inexpensive too.

Yeah Hollow Knight rocks. And Shantae is a great example of a somewhat grassroots success story too. It was just some obscure Gameboy Color title from a no-name studio forced to do licensed properties to make ends meet. They doubled down and revived the series due to fan interest, even funding an entry through Kickstarter. Now, they're 5 games in with Shantae and the Seven Sirens and the franchise is considered a mainstay of the modern Metroidvania genre. I love seeing stories like that. thumb up

It's actually become somewhat of a "premium" indie title. The price point has risen a bit on each title. Slightly below Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, which is another success story.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 26th, 2021 at 05:36 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:23 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

want to get a Shantae, just not sure where to start.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:37 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by StyleTime
Oh, I don't mean to sound anti-AAA games. I play and enjoy plenty of them myself, and agree that indie titles don't always push creative boundaries. I don't even think being creative or experimental is required to be good. I just meant that you'll find the types of games I mentioned more often in the indie space than you will in the AAA space. I don't think it's particularly comparable either. You won't see a game like Flower or weirdness like Octodad in the AAA world. Or even Concrete Genie.

When I see someone rip on modern gaming, it's usually because they're looking at a very narrow line of games they didn't like. It's very similar to folks ripping on modern music. If's fine if you don't have mainstream tastes, but it's not a knock on the medium. It just means you're searching through the wrong channels.

Doesn't make AAA games bad of course. They can't go off the wall as often though, due to needing to hit financial goals.

Makes sense. I do hope some AAA developers take a bit of a risk..but I also find when they do, there is a higher chance of being skewered if the risk doesn't pay off. As gamers, we are not always agreeable to when developers change popular titles. Just look at Assassins Creed, they change the game up because people were complaining every game is the same. Yet...they do so...and now people are complaining its not Assassins Creed enough.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 06:51 PM