KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Elden Ring

Elden Ring
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

What's the boss fight you guys struggled the most with?

Maliketh was really annoying for me in the last 2 playthroughs and Elden Beast mostly cause of the running away thing...

Bankai.

Old Post May 21st, 2022 08:16 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado

Maliketh was really annoying for me in the last 2 playthroughs and Elden Beast mostly cause of the running away thing...
Dragonlord Placidusax, Godskin Apostle in the Caelid divine tower (early game), Malenia (I always have to re-spec my character), Fire Giant (I always have to re-spec my character), Elden Beast (unless the AI takes it easy on me). Edit: Crucible Knights later in the game always give me a hard time.

Started a new game with a strength build. Using the Greatsword with the Lion's Claw ash. It's a potent combination.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Last edited by Badabing on May 21st, 2022 at 02:24 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2022 02:18 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I didn't try it for that long, but I couldn't justify using the Greatsword w/ Lionclaw over a heavy Claymore w/ Lionclaw. It's much slower, and didn't really seem to do any more damage, or break boss posture much faster.

Old Post May 21st, 2022 05:44 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I guess it was pre-nerf Radahn.

Old Post May 21st, 2022 05:48 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I didn't try it for that long, but I couldn't justify using the Greatsword w/ Lionclaw over a heavy Claymore w/ Lionclaw. It's much slower, and didn't really seem to do any more damage, or break boss posture much faster.
I have never used a claymore in any of the Souls series. It's a great weapon with a killer moveset that I never liked for some reason.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 21st, 2022 06:11 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

The Elden Beast, Ulcerated Tree Spirit,(Limgrave), and the Godskin Apostle/Noble duo were probably the most difficult. Admittedly I lamed out Malekith with the Black Knife Tiche summon.

The Elden Beast was DS2 Nasandra levels of irritating IMO. Made worse considering how cool Godfrey and Radagon were as boss fights.

Old Post May 22nd, 2022 04:17 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I guess it was pre-nerf Radahn.

Yeah he was tough As hell.

After the Nerf he is so easy even the summons can kick his ass while prior they barely did any Dmg to him....

I have seen a video where they use Mohg's Great rune with mimic and rivers of blood and it was procing bleed much often and his Dmg was Way more impressive....

Have to try that out didn't really bother with the runes in the game I only used the one for +5 stats at times.

Didn't even try like 80 percent of them.

After ng+4 mimic dies pretty easily against later bosses like Malekith, Godfrey and Malenia phase 2 kills him with the Rot divebomb 90 percent of the Time.

Bankai.

Old Post May 22nd, 2022 12:17 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I can't imagine anyone's answer not being Malenia tbh. No other boss even really compares. Maliketh in particular I don't really get the hype. He hits hard and fast but he is incredibly squishy for that point in the game. Both phases have barely more health than Radahn, and Maliketh himself only has like five thousand health, barely over half that of Radahn.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 06:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Maliketh was cool, but not particularly hard for me.

The difference between Radahn and Malenia is that I fought Radahn within a day of the game's release. I was under-leveled, my build and equipment were haphazard, and I had no idea what to expect. Besides, he was just a beast back then, crazy damage & range.

By the time I got around to fighting Malenia, the game had been out for some time, and I'd already explored the rest of the map w/ two min-maxed characters. I also saw other people fighting her online first, so I had a pretty good idea of how to manage waterfowl & exploit scarlet aeonia. I think I was lucky with the RNG too; I still haven't gotten around to fighting her on my second and third characters though, so maybe she'll make a comeback.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 09:56 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Bellring Hunter at Caelid and Death rite bird and the mountain top can hit pretty dang hard for being side bosses....

Bankai.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 08:05 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Currently on journey 7 with the dual scavanger curved sword bleed build.

You can find plenty of vids on it.

The dps is crazy with the jump attacks you do 4 hits and it causes bleed like every 2nd Time.

Bankai.

Old Post May 24th, 2022 06:32 AM
Badabing
Karen

I'm going to start a new character with this build. It looks fun.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 24th, 2022 05:07 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Use wave of darkness on a Great Star its awesome it also heals...

Too bad most of the gravity spells outside of astel meteorite and rock sling are pretty bad ....

Bankai.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 12:29 PM
Badabing
Karen

Use wave of darkness on a Great Star its awesome it also heals...

Too bad most of the gravity spells outside of astel meteorite and rock sling are pretty bad ....
I'll add that combination to my build.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 25th, 2022 05:16 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Badabing
I'll add that combination to my build.

The animation is awesome wish they added some more of Radahn's gravity spells he is my fave boss in the game I love his lore and design...

Bankai.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 05:25 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

The animation is awesome wish they added some more of Radahn's gravity spells he is my fave boss in the game I love his lore and design...

Other than his signature cannonball & his swords' aftershocks, aren't they all in the game? He buffs his swords with the cragblade AoW. His short-range move is the starscourge scream AoW. His mid-rage attacks are the spells collapsing stars and rock sling. His long-range attacks are the enchanted shot AoW and the rain of arrows AoW. They're all modified/improved versions of what the player can do, but he's a boss, that's the standard.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 08:21 PM
Estacado
Legendary

There is the one where he summons tracking meteors above his head and the sword shockwave.

The meteors are pretty similar to rock sling though..

Bankai.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 09:14 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah, like I said, it's a boss-variant rock sling. Fair enough on the shockwave, although you can kind of approximate it with Ruins Greatsword, Gravity Stone Fan, or Waves of Darkness. Radahn cosplay seems very manageable to me.

Old Post May 27th, 2022 01:31 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Badabing
I'm going to start a new character with this build. It looks fun.

STARSCREAM? eek!

If this is based on the Transformer, I may play it someday for that.

If I ever decide to plunk down money on a console, or get a better laptop.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 11:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Nice quality of life change in the last patch.

Bell bearings for upgrade materials will stay accessible in the Twin Maiden Husks shop on NG+ now. You won't have to find them again on each playthrough anymore.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2022 04:51 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote