KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doctor Strange in the Multiverse Of Madness

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse Of Madness
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Predicted to open in between $190 -$220 million.

Outstanding.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 05:25 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the pictures now.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 05:47 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: no Tom Cruise Iron Man it's okay.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 08:28 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Saw Doctor Strange. Was good I thought.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 5th, 2022 10:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Enjoyed it a lot more than the 1st one. Maybe relied a little too heavy on the novelty of the illuminati scenes. Very amused at the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bruce Campbell Evil Dead cameo. Scarlet Witch is an absolute wrecking machine. Monstrously overpowered. No idea who [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Charlize Theron's character is in the post credits scene but I'm sure someone will enlighten me. They looked like they were on their way to fight [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dormammu though. Also liked [SPOILER - highlight to read]: John Krasinski as Richard Reed

Also, yes the Avatar trailer was attached and looked pretty awesome.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 11:20 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Enjoyed it a lot more than the 1st one. Maybe relied a little too heavy on the novelty of the illuminati scenes. Very amused at the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bruce Campbell Evil Dead cameo. Scarlet Witch is an absolute wrecking machine. Monstrously overpowered. No idea who [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Charlize Theron's character is in the post credits scene but I'm sure someone will enlighten me. They looked like they were on their way to fight [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dormammu though. Also liked [SPOILER - highlight to read]: John Krasinski as Richard Reed

Yeah, I did not expect that trailer at all.

Oh, and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Theron is Clea. Girlfriend to Strange and relative of Dormammu.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 5th, 2022 11:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You mean [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Reed Richards.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 5th, 2022 11:57 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Enjoyed it a lot more than the 1st one.

Glad to hear that. I didn't like the 1st at all. Is Raimi's influence felt? Is it too toned down by Marvel/Disney?

Was also interested to hear about that. Probably will just wait until it's released online next week.

Old Post May 6th, 2022 12:49 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Glad to hear that. I didn't like the 1st at all. Is Raimi's influence felt? Is it too toned down by Marvel/Disney?

Was also interested to hear about that. Probably will just wait until it's released online next week.

It's toned down a bit, but you can tell they gave him a lot of lattitude with this movie. More than I was expecting. It feels very much like a Raimi movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 6th, 2022 01:14 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Impediment
You mean [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Reed Richards.

Aye. That.

Old Post May 6th, 2022 01:18 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Tonally in terms of how "dark" it is its probably on the same level as the likes of Hellboy. There's a couple of brutal deaths but the worst is only implied and not shown. I'm the same with the 1st one which was surprising as I really like Mads Mikkleson and Chiwetel Ejiofor. (I enjoyed the subtle reference in this to his role as The Operative in Serenity)

My only gripe is that it sort of fizzles out at the end purely because, as I said, Scarlet Witch is ridiculously overpowered and basically unbeatable. Like she single handedly kills [SPOILER - highlight to read]: almost everyone at Kamar-Taj then solos Black Bolt, Captain Carter, Reed Richards, Rambeau"s Captain Marvel and Charles Xavier

Visually the scene when Strange and Chavez are falling through different universes might be the coolest scene in the MCU so far. Very similar to Spidey when he's in the holographic projection in Far From Home.

Old Post May 6th, 2022 01:36 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Found this to be a whole lot of meh story and plot wise. Visuals were really cool, as to be expected when Strange is involved. I'd put it in the bottom tier of the MCU though.

Best part was the second/final credits scene. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: John Krasinski as Reed Richards worked well, do hope they keep him in future films. Loved seeing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Captain Carter live; her fight scene was good.

Did have a giggle at [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the real hero of the story being a Latina teenage girl named "America" who has two mommies and sports a LBGTQ pin on her stars-and-stripes jacket, because the usual suspects will gripe, even though this is a Marvel character.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 6th, 2022 at 04:31 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2022 04:28 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Funniest part was when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Reed the "smartest man in the universe" hints Wanda the only thing that can kill her...

Bankai.

Old Post May 6th, 2022 05:42 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This movie fell somewhere in the mediocre tier for me. It wasn't bad(I actually enjoyed the overlying horror vibes), but I didn't think it was great either.

I have quite a few comments, but for starters [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I was annoyed that the Illuminati were wholesale annihilated a few minutes after their initial reveal... I get that Wanda was essentially an unbeatable dues ex machina, but damn. I just expected to see more from them.

I did love the X-Men TAS theme playing when Xavier came in, though. I also really liked Krasinski as Reed -- he spoke with a calm, understanding, and almost remorseful tone, which I thought was perfect.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 7th, 2022 12:15 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I did love the X-Men TAS theme playing when Xavier came in, though.

Arguably the best moment in the film thumb up

Originally posted by Galan007
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I also really liked Krasinski as Reed -- he spoke with a calm, understanding, and almost remorseful tone, which I thought was perfect.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Knew you'd enjoy him in the role... and that's what made his death so much sweeter

Old Post May 7th, 2022 12:30 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

What kinda bothered me is that how even after being in like 5 movies Strange is portrayed like a complete noob most of the Time...

Bankai.

Old Post May 7th, 2022 07:04 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HadleyPrime
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Estacado
What kinda bothered me is that how even after being in like 5 movies Strange is portrayed like a complete noob most of the Time...
I need better facial recognition software then it might not be so strange

Old Post May 7th, 2022 07:18 AM
HadleyPrime is currently offline Click here to Send HadleyPrime a Private Message Find more posts by HadleyPrime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: no Tom Cruise Iron Man it's okay.
since coming out of the theatre Thursday. I've thought about this film and how much I wanted to really like it. It being Raimi and all. I still say... It's ok. Nothing more or less.

Old Post May 7th, 2022 01:50 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Seen a few clips but gonna go watch it anyway
Expecting it to be solid

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 7th, 2022 01:55 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
Seen a few clips but gonna go watch it anyway
Expecting it to be solid
it's watchable no doubt.

Old Post May 7th, 2022 02:06 PM