KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")

Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

If the novels are good, I would like a videogame set in the same era. Maybe similar to Mass Effect Andromeda. Well ME Andromed is generally considered the worst Mass effect, but the concept is more or less the same, we have these pioneers who explore the andromeda galaxy, deal with this evil alien species can visit new planets, gather info and so on. A Mass effect Andromeda, but set in the unknown regions, with Jedi, and without weird bug, could be gold imo

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

100% thumb up

Based on what I've read, this could very well just be the initial phase of the event. It seems like the end goal is to incorporate the High Republic stuff into ALL media platforms.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 03:03 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A few tidbits from a recent interview with Justina Ireland...

(please log in to view the image)
quote:
It's going to be exciting to see Jedi who are confident in their role in the galaxy and confident in the way that they know they're doing the right thing. There's that moment [in Phantom Menace] where Qui-Gon leaves Shmi enslaved and takes Anakan and everyone's kind of like ... how can you be a great Jedi, a morally good force in the galaxy, if you're willing to turn a blind eye to some sort of injustice like that? And those are some of the questions I think a lot of us want to talk about in our storytelling -- what does it mean to be good? What does it mean to do the right thing? How do you do that and weigh that against your vows and, and a larger calling. The books give us a little more leeway to do that storytelling, we get a little more nuance on the page then we would get necessarily in a minute of screen time. I'm looking forward to like delving into the questions and asking them myself and of the characters that I'm working with.

quote:
Vernestra's 16, so she's probably on the older end for middle-grade -- most of middle grade characters tend to be between like 12, 13, 14. But Vernestra has a challenge, in that she is a full Jedi. She's very young: most 16-year-olds in the Jedi Order are padawans still. She took her testing early, so she's a bit of a prodigy. She doesn't know anybody else who is as young as she is so she kind of sticks out, and that gives her her own set of of sort of challenges to deal with. So how is she a Jedi Knight in this order that is being led by amazing Jedi? In her time period, of course they have the lore of the earlier Jedi, so she has that reference. So how does she fit into that space when she's supposed to be acting like an adult for the most part, but she's still, age-wise, a kid? It's really that push pull of that for her. Like what does that mean for her to be a Jedi?

quote:
But with the Nihil, who are these Space Pirates, marauders, and are kind of just wreaking havoc in different parts of the galaxy, you do have a chance to encapsulate smaller storytelling. Sometimes the the point of the story is just survival. Or sometimes the point of the story is: How is this one character going to react to this very enclosed event? The Nihil obviously are bad. So what does that mean? How bad are they? They're going to be the worst. These are characters who just don't care. And their motto is "if you can't take it with you, we can take it from you."

And so I do think you're going to see moments... it's not necessarily this battle for the light side of the Force versus the dark side, it's literally survival, and it's literally "How do we survive in a world where people are going to show up and basically **** shit up?" That lends itself to different types of storytelling. Readers are going to feel that. There will be those conversations of what it means to be a Jedi, and what is the light side, what is the Force, and how does one connect to that in that greater sense of the galaxy, but at the end of the day, it's literally going be like, "These are the bad guys, and we need to fight them, and we need to fight them because they are bad." People are going to get to see some really cool "oh shit" moments with these characters.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Vernestra sounds pretty awesome honestly. 16 years old and already a Jedi knight..... in the peak of the Orders history. Very very cool. I expect to see great things from her.

Still not sure about he Nihil tho. I don't see how a group of presumably non force sensitive space pirates can possibly threaten the Jedi. Especially with how the Jedi are going to be written in this period.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 02:13 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sounds pretty bland. Hopefully the earlier rumors about the villains are true.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 03:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Sounds pretty bland. Hopefully the earlier rumors about the villains are true.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2020 06:18 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Still not sure about he Nihil tho. I don't see how a group of presumably non force sensitive space pirates can possibly threaten the Jedi. Especially with how the Jedi are going to be written in this period.
I mean, the Separatists were also a massive threat to the Jedi, even without the likes of Dooku and Asajj in the picture. Same with the Grysks and Vader.

Point being: you don't have to be Force sensitive in order to challenge/threaten Jedi(assuming you have the right numbers, strategies, tech/equipment, etc.) Obviously these Nihil will be a threat as well, otherwise they wouldn't be the 'big bads' of this event.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2020 08:57 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Yeah I guess. I just hope there's more to them then the leaks have described though

Old Post Mar 15th, 2020 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

The High Republic is supposed to be a time of "prosperity," right? Things should be better than they were in the Prequels?

So can these guys really be a threat? I mean, the prequels were supposedly the height of the Jedi in Legends, but they ended up going with the story that they were corrupted and had lost their way. It seems every time somebody tries to write a story in an era of "peace," the conflict they create for the story ends up making that era not so peaceful or happy after all.

I mean, at least I hope that they show that the Jedi Council was really competent in this era, somehow. Make it really obvious that the Jedi were the best of the best.

Thoughts?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2020 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah that seems to be the premise. The Jedi are supposed to be at their height here -- very Arthurian/Knights of the Round Table esque.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2020 02:05 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

But then how are the Nihil "wreaking havok across the galaxy"? If they Jedi, the entrusted powers that be, are that benevolent and potent, then whence cometh the evil?

Also, are they going to explore the history of the Jedi? The Old Republic? I'm thinking about the following line:
"In her time period, of course they have the lore of the earlier Jedi, so she has that reference."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 12:10 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

One of the interviews described Jedi policing the Outer Rim in this period as "cowboys in the old west" or something along those lines... So I'm guessing the Jedi presence is extremely limited outside of the core worlds. The Nihil would likely have a lot of free reign there -- and like I mentioned earlier: if the Nihil have the right numbers, strategies, tech/equipment, etc., they could undoubtedly pose a considerable threat.

Yeah, I definitely think there will be references to far older Jedi lore here, as those principals seem to still be what they adhere to.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 12:35 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Hmm...guess that makes sense...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 12:55 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

So apparently there are 40,000 Jedi alive during the High Republic Era, meaning a shitton of Jedi are going to be dying from this initial calamity I suspect. From what I”ve heard the Nihil have some superweapon that pulls every ship in the galaxy out of hyperspace. Crazy stuff.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 05:46 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

—

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Mar 22nd, 2020 at 06:03 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 06:00 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

40.000? That's a lot of them, what the heck happened to most of them?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 09:08 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

They died.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 09:55 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

If they die, they die

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 10:15 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So apparently there are 40,000 Jedi alive during the High Republic Era, meaning a shitton of Jedi are going to be dying from this initial calamity I suspect. From what I”ve heard the Nihil have some superweapon that pulls every ship in the galaxy out of hyperspace. Crazy stuff.
Very interesting. thumb up

Where'd you hear that?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 11:52 AM
ozz81

Re:The High Republic

What’s your take on what it will be about ?
Reckon yoda will be in it ?
Reckon it may have the Mortif family ?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 05:23 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote