KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")

Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007

this sounds really good. Will definitely follow. thumb up

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm just glad that it will be all new characters(aside from guaranteed Yoda cameos, which I'm totally fine with), and all new stories/content in general.

It's about time.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yesss, I really wanna see these new Jedi in action

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So after reading a little bit more about this, it sounds like the books will all be written in such a way that you won't have to read each and every bit of material chronologically in order to understand the story -- evidently you'll be able to pick up anywhere and still be able to know what's going on. That's pretty cool if true.

I'm also hoping they follow through with this concept art:
(please log in to view the image)

Because I'm interested to see the darksaber and dual-bladed whitesaber Jedi in action... And the Loth Wolf.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by ares834
Looks interesting. I like the designs.

So they can fight the Sith.
The Sith not being around for millennia is iself a EU invention isn't it?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Feb 26th, 2020 at 03:16 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Tzeentch

It's from the movies. Or well I guess it's more implied with the Republic standing for a millennia.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 26th, 2020 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 03:22 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

dual-bladed whitesaber

Rob Liefeld probably looks at it and feels proud.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 04:08 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

dual-bladed whitesaber Jedi

But....why?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Zenwolf
But....why?

Its owner is a woman.

One in the pink, one in the stink.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 09:27 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Tzeentch

In TPM, Ki-Adi-Mundi mentions the Sith have been extinct for a millennium. Although, admittedly, the EU didn't have to go so far back and TotJ came out before TPM.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 09:51 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

From Ultimate Star Wars:
https://i.imgur.com/z29lIvp.jpg
"Maul may be the first Sith to slay a Jedi in combat in more than 1,000 years..."

But if the crescendo of this story takes place in the Unknown Regions, and the Order never finds out exactly what happened, then the Sith could slaughter all the Jedi they want and no one would be the wiser. /shrug

OR they simply retcon the 1,000 years thing... OR the surviving Jedi keep it a secret as to not induce panic... OR they just put the enemies into some other faction of dark side users, and not proper "Sith"(which would technically still keep the Sith emergence timeline valid.) Etc.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 26th, 2020 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 04:24 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Zenwolf
But....why?

Yeah, I wouldn't let the lack of any practical application bother me. The very concept of a lightsaber is fairly impractical, especially if you can use the force.

And maybe it's there to increase the heat of the lightsaber, in case you're cutting through a door or something. Maybe you can turn one of them off at a time.

I love that poster, though, lots of nifty stuff. Crazy lightsaber designs, the most useless crossguard to date (on the "joust" looking lightsaber held by the twi'lek on the center left), a darksabre that's not 2-dimensional and has a twig for a handle, an umbaran jedi, a completely black themed jedi on the left, a white themed one on the right...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 05:42 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

So after reading a little bit more about this, it sounds like the books will all be written in such a way that you won't have to read each and every bit of material chronologically in order to understand the story -- evidently you'll be able to pick up anywhere and still be able to know what's going on. That's pretty cool if true.

Because I'm interested to see the darksaber and dual-bladed whitesaber Jedi in action... And the Loth Wolf.
I'm going to use it as wallpaper for my pc, I like it so much

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 09:32 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

From Ultimate Star Wars:
https://i.imgur.com/z29lIvp.jpg
"Maul may be the first Sith to slay a Jedi in combat in more than 1,000 years..."

But if the crescendo of this story takes place in the Unknown Regions, and the Order never finds out exactly what happened, then the Sith could slaughter all the Jedi they want and no one would be the wiser. /shrug

OR they simply retcon the 1,000 years thing... OR the surviving Jedi keep it a secret as to not induce panic... OR they just put the enemies into some other faction of dark side users, and not proper "Sith"(which would technically still keep the Sith emergence timeline valid.) Etc.

Yeah like Star Trek Discovery takes a lot of liberties with canon, but for the most part does attempt to explain the seeming contradictions.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 12:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zentrex
Yeah, I wouldn't let the lack of any practical application bother me. The very concept of a lightsaber is fairly impractical, especially if you can use the force.

And maybe it's there to increase the heat of the lightsaber, in case you're cutting through a door or something. Maybe you can turn one of them off at a time.

I love that poster, though, lots of nifty stuff. Crazy lightsaber designs, the most useless crossguard to date (on the "joust" looking lightsaber held by the twi'lek on the center left), a darksabre that's not 2-dimensional and has a twig for a handle, an umbaran jedi, a completely black themed jedi on the left, a white themed one on the right...

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah like Star Trek Discovery takes a lot of liberties with canon, but for the most part does attempt to explain the seeming contradictions.
thumb up

And Star Wars has already taken a LOT of liberties with canon as it is, so doing something like that with the High Republic isn't a stretch by any means.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 12:55 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I just noticed.. is the male human Jedi on the left (beside the wolf) a Kiffar like Vos? His tatooes on the face look similar to Quinlan's

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 02:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Good catch. thumb up

Seems like a strong possibility to me.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 02:40 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Really hoping that is the case. This event sounds great and I want to read most of it, but I would also like it if I weren't completely lost if I miss a book.thumb up

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Feb 27th, 2020 11:06 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

See, now I'm gonna be disappointed if that's not what that whitesaber actually does.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 06:48 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote