KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should people propagating false narratives like "stop the steal" be prosecuted?"

Should people propagating false narratives like "stop the steal" be prosecuted?"
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Klaw
The same intelligence agencies that told us about WMDs in Iraq, are to be believed now.

Lol yeah it's amazing that there are still idiots out there who still blindly believe everything the "intelligence agencies" tell us after all the times tbey've lied to us... smh.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 05:47 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Klaw
The same intelligence agencies that told us about WMDs in Iraq, are to be believed now.
LoL, can only imagine how clever you thought you were with that response and I'm sure your Trumper buddies will applaud.

Anyhow, time for reality: Here's the full version of the CIA's 2002 intelligence assessment on WMD in Iraq

The CIA's report claimed that it "couldn't prove that his regime had actually resumed producing chemical and biological agents and cast doubt on the actual extent of Saddam's program." The Bush admin buried the report and twisted it into "Iraq was an imminent threat", the Bush admin manufactured the cause for war.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 22nd, 2021 at 05:55 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 05:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Robtard it’s cool. I’ve had ex girlfriends who’ve queefed in my face. Sometimes they get air in their vagina. Dirty bitches. 🤤

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 08:14 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Guiliani got me thinking. Many people propagated false narratives publicly, some of these like anti vaxxers "free speech" lying/gaslighting put others at risk. On things like stop the steal, where does provable false narratives and disinformation become illegal. When should the FBI put people on watch lists. For instance posters on message boards?

Obviously never.

You're kidding yourself if you think disinformation is an objective standard that can never be abused by a corrupt official.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 08:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, can only imagine how clever you thought you were with that response and I'm sure your Trumper buddies will applaud.

Anyhow, time for reality: Here's the full version of the CIA's 2002 intelligence assessment on WMD in Iraq

The CIA's report claimed that it "couldn't prove that his regime had actually resumed producing chemical and biological agents and cast doubt on the actual extent of Saddam's program." The Bush admin buried the report and twisted it into "Iraq was an imminent threat", the Bush admin manufactured the cause for war.
thumb up Bingo!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 08:31 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

“Armed with knives, armed with chemical, biological weapons” - dick Cheney

“We support your war of terror” - borat.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 03:29 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Election Officials Play Death Threats from Cultists

"Hey, Rick," the voicemail said. "Two hundred and thirty four years ago, the founding Caucasian fathers of America gave us the Second Amendment. Time's running out, Richard. We're coming after you and every mother****er that stole this election with our Second Amendment, subpoenas be damned, you're going to be served lead, you ****ing enemy enemy communist **********. You will be served lead."

This was just one of the nearly 150 voicemails that were left for Richard Barron, elections director of Georgia's Fulton County, an area that includes Atlanta, during the week from Christmas to New Year's Day 2021. On December 5th, Donald Trump singled Barron out at a rally in Valdosta, Georgia. He showed a video of Barron to the hundreds of attendees, and voiced conspiracies about voter fraud in Georgia.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 07:28 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Shocked REPORT: Gosar Offered "Blanket Pardon" to Rioters

Hours after a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol, Republican Representative Paul Gosar baselessly accused AntiFa protesters of being behind the insurrection. But, according to an exclusive report from Rolling Stone, Gosar knew exactly who was to blame—and even offered them a pardon ahead of the events of January 6th.

An unnamed organizer of the Stop the Steal rally that preceded the riot told the magazine that Gosar offered planners a "blanket pardon" in an unrelated investigation to incentivize them to organize the pro-Trump protests on January 6th.

"Our impression was that it was a done deal, that he'd spoken to the president about it in the Ova, in a meeting about pardons and that our names came up," said the organizer.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 03:28 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Kirk Supporter Asked When Do We Get to "Kill These People"?

From the Boise State University stop of Charlie Kirk's "Exposing Critical Racism" tour:

ATTENDEE: "You're brave. You're brave for what you say, and the fact that you stand up there and say it, and I appreciate it. I think we all appreciate it actually, because there's not a lot of people that have the balls to do it. But I want to ask you something a little bit out of the ordinary, so prepare yourself.

At this point, we're living under corporate and medical fascism. This is tyranny. When do we get to use the guns? No, and I'm not—that's not a joke. I'm not saying it like that. I mean, literally, where's the line? How many elections are they going to steal before we kill these people?"

KIRK: So, no, I—no, hold on. I—no—stop, hold on.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 06:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Election Officials Play Death Threats from Cultists

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

"Hey, Rick," the voicemail said. "Two hundred and thirty four years ago, the founding Caucasian fathers of America gave us the Second Amendment. Time's running out, Richard. We're coming after you and every mother****er that stole this election with our Second Amendment, subpoenas be damned, you're going to be served lead, you ****ing enemy enemy communist **********. You will be served lead."

This was just one of the nearly 150 voicemails that were left for Richard Barron, elections director of Georgia's Fulton County, an area that includes Atlanta, during the week from Christmas to New Year's Day 2021. On December 5th, Donald Trump singled Barron out at a rally in Valdosta, Georgia. He showed a video of Barron to the hundreds of attendees, and voiced conspiracies about voter fraud in Georgia.

Oh Trumpers...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 06:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

From the Boise State University stop of Charlie Kirk's "Exposing Critical Racism" tour:

ATTENDEE: "You're brave. You're brave for what you say, and the fact that you stand up there and say it, and I appreciate it. I think we all appreciate it actually, because there's not a lot of people that have the balls to do it. But I want to ask you something a little bit out of the ordinary, so prepare yourself.

At this point, we're living under corporate and medical fascism. This is tyranny. When do we get to use the guns? No, and I'm not—that's not a joke. I'm not saying it like that. I mean, literally, where's the line? How many elections are they going to steal before we kill these people?"

KIRK: So, no, I—no, hold on. I—no—stop, hold on.
Bloody hell! ****!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 06:23 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Typical unhinged Rightist wanting to shoot people with their little guns. The want is always there, they just rotate the reasons.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 06:27 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Typical unhinged Rightist wanting to shoot people with their little guns. The want is always there, they just rotate the reasons.
True that!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 06:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The "a second American Civil war is coming!" ranters. They pray it happens, so they can shoot other Americans just because they have different beliefs.

I was told by several Rightist back in 2008/9 that Obama was going to cause ACW2.0

Old Post Oct 26th, 2021 07:29 PM
Adam_PoE

GOP PA Election Official Details Death Threats From Cultists

Al Schmidt, a Republican city commissioner on the Philadelphia Board of Elections, told the committee he received several threats, including one that said, "Tell the truth or your three kids will be fatally shot," along with the names of his children, his address, and a photo of his home.

Schmidt said other messages he received included, "Cops can't help you," "Heads on spikes," and "Perhaps cuts and bullets will soon arrive at [his address.]"

"There are additional threats that my family asked me not to share today because they are so graphic and disturbing," he said, adding, "I have three little kids. My youngest is seven years old. No matter what our party affiliation, this is not okay. And let's be clear, this is domestic terrorism. The whole point is to terrorize."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 03:56 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

"Tell the truth or your three kids will be fatally shot" -snip

"Cops can't help you," "Heads on spikes," and "Perhaps cuts and bullets will soon arrive at [his address.]" -snip

"There are additional threats that my family asked me not to share today because they are so graphic and disturbing" -snip

Trumpers are so cringe.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 04:30 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Tell the truth or your three kids will be fatally shot" -snip

"Cops can't help you," "Heads on spikes," and "Perhaps cuts and bullets will soon arrive at [his address.]" -snip

"There are additional threats that my family asked me not to share today because they are so graphic and disturbing" -snip

Trumpers are so cringe.
Yes they are! thumb up

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 07:02 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is so true thumb up
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee, not when the misinformation incites an assault on democracy or prevents herd immunity and puts people's lives at risk.
Thank you for letting me know that I live in your mind, heart and soul smile

As a liberal, who lives in the real world and not your imagined one, I do believe people have a right to say what they wish, but that does not mean they can say whatever they wish without repercussion. We have laws restricting some forms of speech, you can't yell "bomb" on an airplane without repercussion, if you don't believe me, try it. We also have slander/defamation laws.

eg The shitbag Mike 'My Pillow' Lindell is free to claim that the election was stolen and that Dominion was involved in the alleged voter fraud as he has been since December, but Dominion is free to sue him in return if they can prove what he's saying is both false and causing them harm in some fashion. Why Lindell is scrambling and crying he could go bankrupt now.

Perhaps false narratives like these should be prosecuted after all.

I'd recommend against imprisonment. You people need help, institutionalization in a padded room with a straight jacket so you aren't a danger to yourself and others is more appropriate.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 01:25 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Which parts of my facts triggered you, Trumper?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 04:11 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Guiliani got me thinking. Many people propagated false narratives publicly, some of these like anti vaxxers "free speech" lying/gaslighting put others at risk. On things like stop the steal, where does provable false narratives and disinformation become illegal. When should the FBI put people on watch lists. For instance posters on message boards?

'where does provable false narratives and disinformation become illegal'

I suppose one of the key legal things in play is "intention to deceive". I imagine in addition to that you need "provable and forseeable harm". The bar obviously needs to be so high its easier to aquit 1000 intentional bad actors than it is to convict one innocent accused.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2021 02:30 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote