KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars is such an overrated franchise

Star Wars is such an overrated franchise
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KwhitephoenxCro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yayaaya jump on the hype train the second someone claims ms

This is the problem

Old Post Oct 30th, 2021 06:32 AM
KwhitephoenxCro is currently offline Click here to Send KwhitephoenxCro a Private Message Find more posts by KwhitephoenxCro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will there ever be a new generation franchise in the future that will dethrone Star Wars in popularity?.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2021 02:36 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by robotflug
Jar Jar was a very controversial character from the time when Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace came out back in 1999.

Has the sequel trilogy ever made new characters that were hated worse than Jar Jar?.
I liked JarJar, the battle sequence at the end with him fighting the robots was awesome! I was 7!

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2021 06:36 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
I liked JarJar, the battle sequence at the end with him fighting the robots was awesome! I was 7!

I'm saying if the current sequel trilogy made brand new characters far worse than Jar Jar Binks.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2021 03:00 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

No other franchise is more overrated than the Star Wars franchise as it really shows how bloated the franchise has become. Star Wars is so overrated and overexposed to the point that its called the number one science fiction fantasy franchise of all time. The fact that Star Wars has had a major cultural impact is very obvious, it was released over three decades ago, the movie exploded across the popular culture scene. It gets way too predictable when people mention the best TV shows, movies and merchandise it always has to be Star Wars. It's one very big impactful franchises in all of entertainment history. Star Wars day is that one informal commemorative day observed annually on May 4 to celebrate George Lucas' Star Wars franchise.

Star Wars has the most overdone parodies in pop culture that its not funny anymore.

you can always stop watching so you do not have cry about it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 7th, 2021 08:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

(please log in to view the image)

From a more civilized age.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2021 09:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's just coasting off of OT still. Though honestly as a very casual Star Wars fan I love Last Jedi and think it's a great film. Made Luke the most interesting he's every been. Rise of Skywalker was comically bad. And the prequel trilogy was shit except for Revenge of the Sith, which was a decent enough payoff, and really a masterpiece compared to the prior two piles of crap. Phantom Menance had promise but they flubbed it bad.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2021 09:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you can always stop watching so you do not have cry about it

Just pointing out how overrated Star Wars has become as a huge franchise.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2021 11:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
It's just coasting off of OT still. Though honestly as a very casual Star Wars fan I love Last Jedi and think it's a great film. Made Luke the most interesting he's every been. Rise of Skywalker was comically bad. And the prequel trilogy was shit except for Revenge of the Sith, which was a decent enough payoff, and really a masterpiece compared to the prior two piles of crap. Phantom Menance had promise but they flubbed it bad.

I disagree with everything you said except this:

It's just coasting off of OT still.

You're largely right there. Vader, Luke, Han, Leia still shift more merch than almost anything else. The only thing that competes at all is the Clone Wars and the Mandalorian, and even they are spun off of the OT in their own way anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2021 02:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Made Luke the most interesting he's every been.

I think Mark Hamills acting was great. He made the most out of the crap he was given. But man Lukes character arc was bad. I would honestly think Luke was a total d*** if not for Hamill sort of convincing me otherwise.

Interesting though the part that made most hate the film is the part that worked for you. Shows all film really is subjective.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 07:54 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rogue one is the best Star Wars film.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 08:53 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

Definitely the best of the Disney ones. Actually the only Disney one I really like.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 10:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

R1 is the best Disney Star Wars film no question.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 11:30 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Solo really is underrated.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 11:56 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Way better than any of the ST films.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 12:20 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Re: Star Wars is such an overrated franchise

No other franchise is more overrated than the Star Wars franchise as it really shows how bloated the franchise has become. Star Wars is so overrated and overexposed to the point that its called the number one science fiction fantasy franchise of all time. The fact that Star Wars has had a major cultural impact is very obvious, it was released over three decades ago, the movie exploded across the popular culture scene. It gets way too predictable when people mention the best TV shows, movies and merchandise it always has to be Star Wars. It's one very big impactful franchises in all of entertainment history. Star Wars day is that one informal commemorative day observed annually on May 4 to celebrate George Lucas' Star Wars franchise.

Star Wars has the most overdone parodies in pop culture that its not funny anymore.

Star Wars was/is famous due to OT and Expanded Universe works now declared Legends. BioWare's KoTOR was the next big thing after OT and set the stage for numerous works.

Disney had much lore to work with but rebooted the franchise and turned it into glorified mediocrity. Disney alienated a chunk of the fanbase by extension.

Taking your view at face value, it is overrated in its current form.

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

A gem from Disney.

It adds to OT only.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Nov 11th, 2021 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 12:37 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yes.

"A Star Wars Story" series >>> ST.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 12:55 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Star Wars is such an overrated franchise

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Star Wars was/is famous due to OT and Expanded Universe works now declared Legends. BioWare's KoTOR was the next big thing after OT and set the stage for numerous works.

Disney had much lore to work with but rebooted the franchise and turned it into glorified mediocrity. Disney alienated a chunk of the fanbase by extension.

Taking your view at face value, it is overrated in its current form.

A gem from Disney.

It adds to OT only.

I cannot think of any other series that bests Star Wars in dethroning it in popularity.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 01:00 AM
Darth Thor

Yeah enjoyed that one too.

But Disney be like “well duh it lost money,, so duh lets stop making those kinda films”

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 07:12 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wonder how much Disney actually lost with Solo. Not just from poor box office (thanks TLJ), but from the mess that was actually making the damn thing. New directors, reshoots etc. That shit ain't cheap.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 11:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote