KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Weakest Marvel or DC character that can physically beat Bang

Weakest Marvel or DC character that can physically beat Bang
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 11:54 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
https://i.imgur.com/SrPBijh.jpg

That's what you define as BFR?? Lmao. Knocking someone away is BFR now, is it? Want to get your opinion on this.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 11:58 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Godzilla

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 12:14 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Scans of 30 men throwing balls?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 12:15 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Scans of 30 men's balls?

At least edit properly. Jeez.

Anyway, I am asking because Carver is famed for continually asking for scans for every single sentence one makes:
Originally posted by carver9
How did Tony survive the attack? Scans please.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 12:22 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

How is multiple man beating Bang?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 10:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Didn't you say no gimmicks? I'd think Multiple Man's powers would be prohibited by the spirit of this thread because it's supposed to be a straight-up fight.
Originally posted by Galan007
Bang has some feats to suggest that his physical stats are in the high-meta tier. So if you're just asking who could beat him with physicals alone, then it would probably take someone in that realm... Maybe a bit higher.

But if esoteric stuff like TP, BFR, intangibility, energy projection, etc are still on, then it's another story... You did just say that BFR is an option, after all:
Without thinking too hard about it, I suppose I'd agree that his stats are high-meta. But Bang's supposed to be a normal human, or peak human.

It's just that his mastery of the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist is such that he is easily capable of high-meta feats, maybe beyond. There's stuff he's done that I'd be hard-pressed to see certain high metas perform.

I suppose there's no distinction worth a difference. Bang just operates at that level.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 11:12 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by ODG
^ Didn't you say no gimmicks? I'd think Multiple Man's powers would be prohibited by the spirit of this thread because it's supposed to be a straight-up fight. Without thinking too hard about it, I suppose I'd agree that his stats are high-meta. But Bang's supposed to be a normal human, or peak human.

It's just that his mastery of the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist is such that he is easily capable of high-meta feats, maybe beyond. There's stuff he's done that I'd be hard-pressed to see certain high metas perform.

I suppose there's no distinction worth a difference. Bang just operates at that level.

His powers are a gimmicky.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2022 11:37 PM
ODG

^ Ok, so no gimmicks because this is supposed to be a fair fight. I honestly can't come up with a long list of comic characters that could beat Bang in a straight up fight with no gimmicks on those terms.

Monsterized Garou defeated Bang because he also mastered Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist. Anybody else who fought Bang had their own physical attacks turned aside almost effortlessly or straight-up turned against them to disastrous effect.

So let's say Thor used a standard swing w/ Mjolnir or Superman threw a casual left-hook at Bang, Bang would just divert those strikes back into their own faces. And they'd probably be knocked out.

On-panel, you could make an argument that you'd need someone who could master Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist and other techniques beyond in a nigh instantaneous manner to beat Bang. In a straight-up fight at least.

EDIT: Forgot this is straight H2H.

Last edited by ODG on Jul 7th, 2022 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 12:58 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Yeah I think the issue is that Carver wants a fight that preserves Bang’s gimmick but removes any other kind of gimmick. Or is Bang also being gimped for this fight?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 01:17 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Wouldn't consider a physical martial art technique as a gimmick which is the reason I kept this as a fist fight.

Last edited by carver9 on Jul 7th, 2022 at 01:31 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 01:23 AM
Smurph
------

But of course it is. Kung fu mysticism isn’t more or less gimmicky than sci fi, it’s just a different context for the gimmick.

Judo master clearly has a gimmick, in the sense of this thread. Batman One Million’s soul kick was a sort of gimmick. Etc.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 01:30 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Is there a more gimmicky character than Karate Kid?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 01:37 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Martial arts prowess can reach supernatural levels in both DC and Marvel, yes.

Even the most standard "rolling with the blows" thing is ridiculous in itself, when it saves protagonists from Class 50-100 punches...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 02:09 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Smurph
Is there a more gimmicky character than Karate Kid?
I'm kind of with carver9 here. Hear me out.

I wouldn't consider Bang's skill as a gimmick. It isn't so much a superpower that is unique as it is a martial arts style that has been honed to ridiculous degree. For instance, Monsterized Garou technically mastered the style. And Bang's brother, Bomb, could probably master it too if he wasn't focused on his own style of the Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist. It's not exclusive to Bang. So I could see Bang existing in, and operating by, an American comic's rules. He's just that skilled in his style. It's not a "gimmick" because another martial arts master could feasibly learn it and replicate it.

Karate Kid at his most broken incarnations? That's more a "gimmick" because it simply cannot be replicated. But this is semantics and parsing term use and I won't presume what you mean when you use the term "gimmicky".

Either way, there's a short list of characters that I have trouble compiling that could defeat current Bang w/ Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist straight up in H2H.

And the only character that has beaten Bang so far -- Monsterized Garou -- used Bang's own style (and beyond?) to defeat Bang. Bang didn't even use the Exploding Heart Release Fist -- which is arguably more potent. Bang renounced that style. Keep in mind that the Exploding Heart Release Fist (a body-control technique to release concussive force) is arguably a style that is easier to analogize to techniques in American comics than Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist (using the flow of energy/momentum to maximize defense/offense) is.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 02:12 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by ODG

I wouldn't consider Bang's skill as a gimmick. It isn't so much a superpower that is unique as it is a martial arts style that has been honed to ridiculous degree.
I appreciate your point of view but ultimately there’s just no difference between these two things (hence this thread): “martial arts style honed to a ridiculous degree” is just a superpower by another name.

Superpowers aren’t defined by their uniqueness, nor by their ability to be learned. After all, Mr Sinister honed the study of genetics to a ridiculous degree just so he could replicate every superpower under the sun. And anybody in Marvel with the resources and knowhow could make an Iron Man suit.

Anyways…

What about Plastic Man?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 02:42 AM
ODG

^ Ain't nobody like Karate Kid in his most broken incarnations though, right? Batman gave Lightning Saga Karate Kid the business.

A bunch of OPM characters can give Bang a pure H2H physical fight, if not win. At least two other OPM characters can almost certainly match/exceed Bang skill-wise. Beyond that, there are definitely a few OPM characters who could outright wreck Bang in a H2H fight.

OPM "power-scaling" is arguably notorious according to the community's vocal minority. I personally think it's very consistent with few outliers (which are more for fun than anything). There has only been a pair of OPM creators that have arguably remained consistent across 150+ issues. At least comparatively speaking when contrasting with the many American comics I've read.

I think people who have read all of OPM would object to Bang's skill being characterized as a gimmick. Especially because he's one of the more straight-forward characters.

Plastic Man has no chance unless we take him at his highest and Bang at his lowest.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 02:57 AM
Smurph
------

I’m sure that it’s not a gimmick within the OPM universe. But this is a forum mishmash of every universe so it’s all a bunch of gimmicks. The Force isn’t a gimmick in Star Wars but I am sure Carver would object to using a Jedi in this thread (even if it wasn’t limited to Marvel/DC).

How does Bang beat Plastic Man? And of course we take PM at his best; full capacity rule, etc.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 03:09 AM
ODG

^ It's just that Bang is a pure H2H fighter. And other universes have pure H2H fighters too. So it's a fair question to ask and shouldn't necessarily be dismissed with, "Well Bang's skill is just a gimmick and we should dismiss this hypothetical out of hand." I don't think plopping Barry Allen w/ Speedforce into the OPM universe is really analogous to plopping Bang w/ Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist into the DC universe. The former is a broken plot device gimmick. The latter isn't. But I actually don't disagree with your statement as written. So we're arguing semantics.

Bang beats the crap out of Plastic Man. But I'm too drunk to argue why. Consider it a flippant statement and let it pass.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 03:18 AM
Smurph
------

thumb up

Old Post Jul 7th, 2022 03:22 AM