KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Started by: Jaden_3.0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Saw this last night and I thought it as terrible. It was two thing an Indiana Jones film should never be, dull and depressing. Helena was one of the worst characters I've ever seen. And the very ending was atrocious.[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Indy should have chosen to return not been knocked out and brought back back. It removes all agency from the character and leave his arc incomplete.

I'm a bit surprised by the online reception overall. Give it 6 months and I expect this will be considered worse than KotCS.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 03:23 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Fire Kennedy!!!

Holy shit was this terrible.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 04:34 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

WHOO!
That wasn’t nearly as good as I wanted.

Having said that I’ve watched way worse movies to catch a character I like.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 06:53 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
should have rebooted with someone else long ago.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 07:09 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nah. Harrison Ford is Indy. The films should have simply ended. No need for more sequels for reboots. Just let it rest.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 07:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by ares834
Nah. Harrison Ford is Indy. The films should have simply ended. No need for more sequels for reboots. Just let it rest.

^^^Agreed.
Good or bad this is Ford’s last time out and it should end there.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 07:20 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
you see, I see Indy as a possible bondesque character, remember others have played him already in young Indy etc. But if they end it, that's fine too.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 07:24 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

You know who'd be really good as Indy?

Alden Ehrenreich!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 08:52 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
You know who'd be really good as Indy?

Alden Ehrenreich!

^^^I loved him as Han Solo.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 08:56 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so.. should i watch free of charge or wait until disney plus?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 09:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Free is good!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2023 09:54 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm glad we're finally getting the last Harrison Ford Indy film. Then maybe I can finally upgrade to 4k once they release a 5-film collection of some sort. I look forward to revisiting the old ones in UHD.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 12:17 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Way better than Indy 4, but that is a low bar.

The was a pretty decent Indy flick in its own right, first 30mins had some of the best cgi de-aging effects I’ve ever seen and it’s classic Indy kicking the shit out of Nazis. The rest was decent adventure flick.

Naysayers are just grumpy, though I will agree that this is another unnecessary Indy film, was fine as a trilogy.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 1st, 2023 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 02:40 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^I loved him as Han Solo.

There are some that didn't like Alden Ehrenreich as Han, They wanted Anthony Ingruber because he looks alot more like Ford

personally i thought Alden was decent as Han

[/QUOTE]
quote:
The was a pretty decent Indy flick in its own right, first 30mins had some of the best cgi de-aging effects I’ve ever seen and it’s classic Indy kicking the shit out of Nazis. The rest was decent adventure flick.

Naysayers are just grumpy, though I will agree that this is another unnecessary Indy film, was fine as a trilogy.

sounds about right, These days it either has to be good or bad and nothing inbetween.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 1st, 2023 at 03:21 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 03:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

****en hell, i'm sure i did edit my previous.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 1st, 2023 at 03:19 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 03:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This is very in between, way better than 4, not better than the first three and good enough for a theater viewing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 03:28 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That's about what i've been hearing, Its good but not great.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 03:45 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Watching this evening.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 06:05 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

That's about as strong a recommendation from Rob as we're ever likely to get.

Sounds like it might be decent.

I'm still skeptical that it can be very good with time travel. I'm not generally a fan of the plot device.

I'm just expecting a lot of nostalgia callbacks.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 11:41 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

I'm still skeptical that it can be very good with time travel.

^^^Hey it was great w. aliens!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 12:34 PM