KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Started by: Jaden_3.0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote:
Naysayers are just grumpy

Nope. It was just boring. Even KotCS wasn't boring.

Not to mention it's yet another Lucasfilm where the legacy character is a broken depressed old man with a shit life pulled into adventure by the new plucky youngish female character.

(please log in to view the image)

Time to get a new playbook KK.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 02:18 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Wouldn’t call any Indy film boring, KotCS was just bad, didn’t like the plot or Shia’s character. Though it had some fun parts cos Indy.

Fair enough on the grumpy old man angle and I would have preferred a happy go lucky Indy going on one last adventure, but his angle was very human imo.

Helena also [SPOILER - highlight to read]: wasn’t a hero for most of the film, her redemption arc didn’t start until later in the film. Indy was a fulcrum in it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 02:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Split my sides laughing at an Applebees ad offering a movie ticket to the show for a 35 dollar bill. They must have high expectations for this film. 🤣😂😂

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 02:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That's about as strong a recommendation from Rob as we're ever likely to get.

Sounds like it might be decent.

I'm still skeptical that it can be very good with time travel. I'm not generally a fan of the plot device.

I'm just expecting a lot of nostalgia callbacks.

Come on, when I love a film, I scream it to the heavens smile

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 02:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'm kind of indifferent.

On the one hand there's almost no way it'll be worse than Crystal Skull, but it's also unlikely that it will be all that great.

How old is he? And he's still playing an action/adventure hero?

I mean, not knocking him, Harrison Ford is awesome, but I just suspect it's going to strain credulity.

Yeah if the big draws of today are in their 80's and 90's, I feel bad for the future generations because movies are gonna be awful. They just can't cast A list talent anymore.

Chadwick Boseman was a very very rare new top level talent, and he dies tragically. So we're left with, what, The Rock?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 02:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah if the big draws of today are in their 80's and 90's, I feel bad for the future generations because movies are gonna be awful. They just can't cast A list talent anymore.

Chadwick Boseman was a very very rare new top level talent, and he dies tragically. So we're left with, what, The Rock?

^^^Michael B. Jordan?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 03:03 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Cdtm is just a stupid, there’s young talented actors. eg Taron Egerton

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 04:00 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Cdtm is just a stupid, there’s young talented actors. eg Taron Egerton
have you noticed though they are mostly Britis shifty Matt Smith, the kid in Dune, Tom Hardy, Egerton, Holland... shifty

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 04:02 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Holland? Talented?

He's fine at playing a superhero. Anything more and it's beyond him.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 04:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by ares834
Holland? Talented?

He's fine at playing a superhero. Anything more and it's beyond him.

^^^Holland is super talented.
Anyone that can lip synch Rihanna like him, the sky’s the limit.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 04:13 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Holland replaced with Remi Malik... smile

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 04:21 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Good choice. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Except he's American.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 04:47 PM
riv6672

^^^Thank you, but, pretty sure Holland’s a Brit.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 04:51 PM
ares834

He is. I was replying to Whirly who mentioned Rami Malek.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 04:53 PM
riv6672

He is. I was replying to Whirly who mentioned Rami Malek.

^^^Ah, my bad! I don’t read his posts.

But yeah to cdtm’s point, there’s actually a lot of young talent for Hollywood to exploit out there right now.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 05:04 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are right, he is. I honestly thought he was British.

smile

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 06:00 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I should have gone with Taylor Johnson.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 06:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
have you noticed though they are mostly Britis shifty Matt Smith, the kid in Dune, Tom Hardy, Egerton, Holland... shifty

Pound for pound Brits are generally better actors.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2023 01:15 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Pound for pound Brits are generally better actors.
but rarely have that special quality a Cruise or a Newman has.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2023 05:19 AM
riv6672

Went and watched it again.
Liked it better this time out!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2023 02:13 AM